Binging on strange foods?

Options
2»

Replies

• SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Not particularly strange but dried fruit, prawn crackers, mini poppadoms and salted nuts.

I just don't buy them anymore. Once I start, I won't stop til theirs none left.
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the grapes! I just go grab a few more..then a few more...then screw it, I'm tired to walking to the fridge and the bag ends up at the couch. Could be worse I guess, but still, they are my "binge" item lately it seems without other things in my house.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? I find the moment i start heavily restricting i screw myself and binge on anything i can.

Yup
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I used to eat alot of salty junk food like pork rinds and kettle potato chips, landjaegers, and unique pretzels. Ever since i stopped buying them, I have been binging on bowls and bowls of cereal. Mostly healthy cereals like raisin bran and multigrain cheerios, but if i run out, i go ape *kitten* on cinnamon toast crunch, and apple jacks. My son told me a few times to stop eating his cereals..lol
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while I'll binge on "healthy" things in the house. I don't really know what my trigger is but sometimes it seems out of nowhere I'm stuffing my face. Hasn't happened in about a month. Here's an example of my last one:

3 turkey hot dogs on whole wheat bread as a bun
    1 peanut butter sandwich
    2 bowls of Honey Nut Cheerios with whole milk
    4 kashi waffles
    2 bags of popcorn
    4 cheese sticks

I literally can't have Italian dressing in my house because I will eat the whole bottle in one day. I'll dip cheese in it, eat it plain... I have an abnormal love for foods with vinegar. Don't judge me...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    OP it sounds like you might benefit from counseling, to figure out the source of your binging.
  • riginthering
    Options
    Cereal. Really comparatively healthy cereal at that. I can easily blow through a box in a day. I even made my own granola. Its a sickness.
  • oiypus
    oiypus Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just ate 5 bananas and a whole jar of peanut butter

Been there. The next day is less than pleasurable :sick:
    I do this all the time. I can eat half a kilo of trail mix--"healthy food". Or a big bag of half-thawed frozen fruits (with PB of course). For awhile, I would eat dry cornflakes with mustard (wut?) because it was low-calorie. It's easy to restrict the "bad" junk, but the reality is that restricting the menu isn't actually going to solve the problem.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    A whole jar of peanut butter PLUS extras? That's pretty epic considering one jar of peanut butter alone has close to 5,000 calories. That's about the caloric value of one gallon of ice cream.

Speaking of, ice cream is my favorite food and my biggest weakness. I keep it out of the house because if it's here, I'm more than likely going to devour until it's all gone. But when I do have it allow myself free reign, to my utter enjoyment.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Maybe you have been restricting yourself too much, Hence why you are now binging.

You should start tomorrow, and just have 'smaller' pieces of things you really crave, instead of eating it all

How many calories are you eating a day?

Maybe bump them up to 1500/1600, Eat lots of veggies, fruit, protein, good carbs etc - Should keep you full

You drinking enough water?
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    omg, grapes. Now, I have to pre-portion them in single servings of 3 ounces.