I really need some help or advice or... something?!

Alright, so I've been doing the whole diet and exercise shebang for about a month and a half now. I'm 20 years old, 5' 3, 186lbs (last time I checked.) I eat between 1200-1500 calories a day (I do measure and weigh my food) along with an half hour to an hour of DDR (difficult and expert level.) I recently implemented JM's 30 Day Shred as well. My endurance has gotten way better and I can tell that I'm becoming much more athletic, but I'm getting so so so much fatter! I don't understand what exactly I'm doing wrong?

It's not, like, a simple inch or so on the stomach either. I'm talking I've gained so much gut that it's not even funny. On top of that, my chin has gotten to the point that it has ZERO definition. There's just a huge pouch of fat there. My neck itself is slender, but it's all right there under my chin.

I'm fatter now than I was when I started. I can't say how many pounds I've gained because I have yet to buy a new scale.

I'm really freaking out because I have no idea what to do and I'm scared to death that maybe I just cannot lose weight? It's starting to get me incredibly depressed. I feel so disgusting and worthless. Can somebody please help me figure out what's wrong or throw me some advice or insight or ANYTHING? I'm so terrified right now. Please?

Replies

• Skarlet13
    Skarlet13 Posts: 146 Member
    You should really get a scale.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    i dont understand how you know you've gained weight when you havent even weighed yourself?

in any case, if you are gaining weight then the only reason is because you are eating more than you think you are. your diary isnt open so we can't see. but if you arent accurately weighing and measuring your food AND choosing the accurate info in the database then it's very possible you are eating more than you think
  • i dont understand how you know you've gained weight when you havent even weighed yourself?

in any case, if you are gaining weight then the only reason is because you are eating more than you think you are. your diary isnt open so we can't see. but if you arent accurately weighing and measuring your food AND choosing the accurate info in the database then it's very possible you are eating more than you think

I didn't realize I'd made it private. It's open now. I've slipped up a couple of times, but I try to be as careful as possible.

I never said anything about my weight though. I'm talking about the inches. I've gotten fatter as in 'I have gained inches.'
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Inches on a measuring tape or does it just seem like that? You might be slimmer in places that make nearby places look fatter (to you). My belly does that, as do parts of my thighs, lol. I'm actually smaller but in one spot before the other, so it can look odd until the next part catches up :)
  • Inches on a measuring tape or does it just seem like that? You might be slimmer in places that make nearby places look fatter (to you). My belly does that, as do parts of my thighs, lol. I'm actually smaller but in one spot before the other, so it can look odd until the next part catches up :)

Three inches with measuring tape on the stomach.
  • Hybrice
    Hybrice Posts: 117 Member
    The thing I can see from your diary is you have far too much processed and fatty foods. Does everything you eat need cheese on it?!

Cut the cheese out, as well as ditching the chocolate flavored cereals in place of more nutritious, high-fiber ones like all-bran or corn flakes.

Also popcorn. Popcorn is the snack of gods. I'm not talking caramel coated stuff but lightly salted or even flavored popcorn (sunkist do a cheese and chive and salt and vinegar brand). They come in 80g bags, the size of pillows! Very very low caloric content, high in fiber and low in fat, carbs and sugar (assuming you get the air-heated stuff, not the sweet/butter kind!).

Also pineapple chunks, very healthy most of the time! Not so much when they're pineapple chunks "in heavy syrup", drop those too and keep trying.