Losing Weight for my Little Brother

Options

Replies

• Geschenkpapier
    Options
    This is amazing and I know you can do it! For you, your brother and your son...

Your story made me cry a little. I could feel the love you have for your brother from your lines and with this feeling in your mind you will reach your goal.

I know someone who has donated a kidney to his brother and everything went well.
    And I know someone who has received a kidney from someone else. Before the transplantation he was bothered with dialysis and tiredness all the time. Now he has much more energy and isn't sleeping as much anymore.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and I'd be happy to get an update on your progress!!!

Geschenkpapier
  • Schtroumpfkin
    Schtroumpfkin Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I wish you every success on your journey. Good for you...
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    My mum gave my brother a kidney a few years ago. What an opportunity you have!

Making small, sustainable changes will do your health more good over the long term too - and with your baby son, you will be the dad you want to be for him for a long time too (not running out of puff when he wants to rough house, playing football..).

'knowing' you ought to lose weight changes nothing. It sounds as though you have 'known' for a long time but now you've had a moment where something has clicked in your mind. You will be unstoppable! Sometimes you have to be a bit selfish in order to make it happen though, at least to get you moving in the right direction. And that's ok too. Make space for your health priorities, you know everyone will benefit in the end!

All the best with your mission :)
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    What a lovely story. I am glad you have found your reason to lose weight and what will make you want to keep on. I wish you luck in your journey, and I hope well to you and your family - and hope the transplant goes well, once you have met your goals. :)
  • texanintokyo
    texanintokyo Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You have the best of reasons to drive you to success but that doesn't mean it won't be hard work.

I second the suggestion of the link by a previous poster (re-posted below). It's a great way to get started!

Best of luck! I'm pulling for you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • oiseau17
    oiseau17 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    How beautiful! You've got this!! I can't wait to hear in inevitable, joyful outcome of your story. Sending lots of good thought for you and your brother.
  • nataliea683
    nataliea683 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    what a touching story! my eyes were welling up reading it, i have a little brother (5 1/2 years younger) and if anything like this happened to him i know i would want to help him in a heartbeat. You sound like you have made the decision to make changes to your lifestyle to not only benefit yourself but your brother and son which is most admirable

sending lots of luck (and a friend request!) to you i look forward to seeing the outcome of your story

:flowerforyou:
  • aemp93
    aemp93 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This has touched me, I wish you every success with your weight loss journey x
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Amazing story. You can do this.
    And when you do it'll be amazing because you'll be able to do what you've wanted to do for years which is help your brother. I wish you all the luck in the world.
    You can do this.
    Look forward to seeing the outcome of your story :smile: xx
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    This story is so touching!! Sending good vibes your way! :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You are already a legend in my book - as is your brother.

Happy to take my place in your cheer squad.
  • Llamedos1960
    Options
    Wonderful story. God bless you and all your family.

Just think how brilliant it will be for your son to be able to play with his wonderful, energetic, healthy Dad and Uncle!

• phyl88
    phyl88 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You have certainly come to the right place. You are doing an amazing thing and just knowing that you are helping 3 people (you, your brother and your son) will make the journey that much easier. A few tips: log everything accurately every day, drink plenty of water, and move your body. I wish you the best of luck on your journey. I have no doubt you will succeed. Feel free to add me. I have an open diary and I'm on daily.:smile:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Tell me anything I can do and I will.
  • Leesel66
    Leesel66 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Very moving story, you have the right attitude which means you're in the right head space to commit to this life style change. Log everything, even if you go over, it makes you accountable. Start exercising and check in daily. You can do this and you have the backing of some wonderful people here on MFP. Can't wait to see your journey in 6 months, your brother will have a new lease of life, what better gift can you give to him. :flowerforyou:
  • September2014
    Options
    What a lovely story. You CAN do this. I wish you and your brother all the luck in the world. Anytime you need some encouragement just yell.
  • andepja
    andepja Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great reason and motivation to get in shape - wish you every success in achieving your goals!

Wish both of you a happy and healthy life.
  • girlinagirdle
    girlinagirdle Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You are totally right; take it slow and steady and hang on in there - don't beat yourself up if you go off track every now and again just get right back on it. It'll happen. Good luck.
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    Woke up to a lot of great posts this morning. I enjoy reading all of it! All of your support makes wanting to change that much easier. Thank you all!
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You go! Awesome!