Encouragement required

Options
Hi all, I am currently 21lbs down from my start weight but due to Christmas and how busy I have been I have stalled. I put on 3lb over Christmas but then dropped 4lbs so I don't feel too bad just a little demotivated. I crave carbs and find going without very challenging. I am getting married on Sep 20th and was meant to go for a dress fitting but have avoided it as I really don't think I will fit into the dress. I am doing this for MYSELF and not just because I am getting married. I have a wonderful partner who oves me regardless but although he says this I find it very hard to really believe him. I need to drop about 50lbs to make myself happy, does anyone have any helpful hints or suggestions that may help me to get back in the groove? P.S I walk 4,000 mtrs every Saturday and average 15 mins on crosstrainer twice a week.

Replies

• cameramanbj
    cameramanbj Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I look at myself in the mirror and remember what I used to look like, then read a motivational quote and get recharged to do it again. I also am looking to lose 50 lbs and its not easy. Keep up the good work do it for you and let no one discourage you.
  • bird_3_lee
    bird_3_lee Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    honestly I think you could up your exersise a little bit. what your doing is great! If you develop a routine of exersising most days it helps to keep you motivated and it makes you feel good about yourself. Exercising releases feel good hormones. Plus you feel like youve accomplished a bit more each day. Even a gentle 15min walk can speed up your metabolism. hope this helps:smile:
  • soapachu
    Options
    Being discouraged is totally normal and everyone goes through it. The key is to not let it stop you.
    It's a huge mental switch, but one of the big triggers for being able to lose weight is actually to get yourself happy with who you are now, and focus on the weight loss as creating a leaner version of your happy self. Weight loss typically doesn't 'make' people happy - that comes from the inside, not the outside.

Think about all the good things you currently have; your loving partner, your upcoming wedding, and focus on using that positivity to get yourself motivated. I found using affirmations in the mirror really helpful - people often mock them, but they're proven to move you into a more positive headspace, which makes getting back on track a whole lot easier.

Best of luck!
  • September2014
    Options
    Thank you everyone, crikey I was not expecting such a quick response from such lovely sounding people. Bird_3_Lee you are right I do need to step up my exercise and am planning on doing at least 15mins on the crosstrainer every night, just need to get the other half to put it back in the lounge. I have been lapse on the positive visualisation and motivational quotes and need to step that up too. You guys have no idea how refreshing it is to know that you understand what it is like. My ex broke my back and tore my cruciate ligaments in my right knee so I have to be v careful what exercise I do, being so overweight does not help with the pain, but just losing the amount I have has helped so far. It is quite ironic because I coach people and do a lot of work around self esteem and confidence but it's the same old story I can't take my own advice lol.
    Thanks again everyone x