Long way to go, but 45 pounds down! (Pics, I hope!)

Options
jbwegner
jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
Hi all! I have been an MFP member for years. I have been in an evil cycle: Lose 20 pounds, get frustrated, gain all back + a few, repeat.

Before I knew it, I was close to 300 pounds. I am 36 years old. You'd never know I was a skinny cheerleader in high school. I won't go into all of the reasons why I gained the weight, but ultimately, I was responsible for every single ounce. I was always exhausted, grumpy, and so very sad.

Then one day last May, something changed. It just clicked, and I started making real changes. Most significantly, I ate less. Not really different, just less. I still go out to eat. I still eat carbs, even the satanic white ones. I just make sure that if I go over my calories one day, I cut back the next.

The biggest change has probably been exercise. I actually like it now. I discovered that I love a nearby hiking trail, and I have serious competitions with myself on the elliptical. I even started strength training.

Now I lost the first 20 pounds really easily and quickly, just like always. And then I stalled. I lost nothing for like a month even though I was still at a calorie deficit. I saw my doctor and after running every test in the book, he assured me that nothing was wrong with me. (Besides all of the extra weight that is.) He encouraged me to keep eating better and to exercise because even if I wasn't losing, I was still benefiting my health. He promised that eventually the scale numbers would follow my habits. He was right. (Who knew?) I woke up one morning just after my period, and dropped a whopping 5 pounds. That continued over the next few months.....no loss at all, and then a significant one right after my cycle. I just have to be very careful not to get frustrated and depend too much on the scale.

I still hope to lose about 60 more pounds. And then my drivers license won't be a big, screaming lie. :)

I am always looking to add more friends, so feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:

So, if you actually read all of that, thank you! I've been resting on a giant plateau for a while now, and I'm crossing my fingers for a few pounds to drop any day now. I just started a New Year's challenge at my gym, and I hope that will recharge my batteries!

829_zps3c03a5af.jpg

20130905_1803432_zpsfdd263b5.jpg

Replies

• Mojoman02
    Mojoman02 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Awesome job!!
  • AcesMom2013
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic!
  • LOLA1617
    Options
    45 pounds down show a lot on you!!! Congrats!!
  • BlueEyedTXmom
    BlueEyedTXmom Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my story. Great progress!
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Good job!
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    aww you look so good! can't wait to see your final transformation. :flowerforyou:
  • stormnv
    stormnv Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Girl that is awesome!!! And you are looking Amazing!!!!!

I'm knowing the feeling of the stall out on the scale..the good news is..I am dropping inches!!! I hope you are watching those inches!! Its amazing how they go down but the scale doesn't move..LOL Or jumps!!! Oh that drives me bonkers!!! LOL

Keep on truckin on! You will get this..as will I :)
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!! Thank you for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • MissSarahAllison315
    MissSarahAllison315 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! Way to go!!! :)
  • cornfritter22
    cornfritter22 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Looking good! I can relate to the chugging along, but getting frustrated because the scale doesn't move. I'm back to counting again, this time determined not to give up, whether the scale moves or not. Like your doctor said, I'm trying to keep in mind that I'm improving my health, regardless.
    Well done! Congratulations!
  • TheNewJB
    TheNewJB Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good job - you have transformed so much already! You can do this!
  • KatieWH
    KatieWH Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What an awesome story if perseverance!
  • DevinC182
    Options
    great job. i'm adding you
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Great loss! Feel proud and you can make it to your goal!!
  • Trissyboo
    Trissyboo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Simply Amazing! You are doing fantastic!
  • morty1966
    morty1966 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You look lovely, really pretty. Well done x
  • Sonj1973
    Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Well done it's so easy to give up when you don't lose consistently...Good for you!! :)
  • geeners81
    geeners81 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
  • nhouse3417
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Such a great story. It is the reality of losing weight, everyone hits those plateaus it is how you react to them. And you are sticking to it and having a great attitude! That is most important.

A change I made was heavy lifting, I started researching that and it really transformed my body!

Also, instead of relying on the scale I took pictures monthly in the same outfit and it really showed! Even though the scale was hardly moving.

Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!