Crock Pot Recipes

Options
LivingStrong18
LivingStrong18 Posts: 5 Member
Anyone have any simple chicken crock pot recipes?

Replies

• rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Just made thai curry in mine the other day!

Add 3-5 tbsp. of thai green curry paste and 2 cans of coconut milk (I do one light and one regular).
    Add 1 lb of chicken breasts cut into 1" chunks, 1 tbsp. of soy sauce.
    Add 1 package of shredded cabbage (cole slaw mix works great), sliced bell pepper (I used about 2 cups), 2 cups cauliflower, etc. throw in onions, carrots, garlic, and fresh ginger if you have them, but its not necessary.

Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 7-8..

I have mine without rice for lower carb macros, but no reason not to if it fits your day! :)
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    this morning I put this in my crockpot:

3 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts

I then mixed a bottle of BBQ sauce, black pepper, 1/4 cup vinegar and 1/4 cup brown sugar and poured it over the chicken breasts.

Turned it on low and it will be in there for just over 8 hours
  • Chispasv
    Chispasv Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I add 3 or 4 chicken breasts, salt, pepper, garlic powder and a can of El Pato Sauce to my Crockpot. Add a 1/2 cup of water if you don't like your food too spicy.

Put on low and let it cook, then shred before you serve with rice mixed with corn and black beans. You can also add some low-fat cream cheese to the crockpot before it's done cooking to make a creamy sauce.

El Pato is a spicy Mexican tomato sauce that I use a lot - such as the base (with chicken stock) for my chicken tortilla soup, as salsa for nachos, with a beef roast in the crockpot for shredded beef tacos and a dip (mix with low-fat cream cheese and a little milk and put in blender).
  • FoxMagic
    FoxMagic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This recipe is amazing. You can take or leave the dairy -- I add cilantro and fresh squeezed lime at serving time. I also used coconut oil instead of olive, for the sauté part. This is SOOO easy and pretty cheap, too!

Enchilada Soup (crockpot)

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 large yellow onion, diced
    1 small green or red bell pepper, diced
    3 cloves garlic, minced

coarse salt and fresh black pepper
    1 can (11 ounce) Ro-tel diced tomatoes & green chiles
    4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
    1 + 1/4 pounds boneless chicken breasts
    2 cups corn (I used a bag of frozen corn -- more nutrients than canned)
    1 can black beans, optional
    1 tablespoon chile powder
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/2 teaspoon oregano (preferably Mexican), crushed between fingertips
    1 + 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese or monterey jack, plus more for serving
    1 cup sour cream, plus more for serving
    tortilla chips, for serving
    sliced avocado, for serving, optional
    See a Baked Bacon Chicken Recipe
    Instructions
    1. In a medium skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions, peppers and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
    2. Meanwhile to your crock-pot add the Ro-tel, chicken broth, chicken, corn, black beans (if using), chile powder, cumin, oregano and 1 teaspoon coarse salt or 1/2 teaspoon fine and about 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Mix in the cooked onions, peppers and garlic.
    3. Cook on high 3 - 4 hour or low 5 - 6. Remove the chicken breasts to a cutting board. Stir the cheese and sour cream into the soup. Shred the chicken or cut into bite-sized pieces and add back to the pot. Taste and season as needed. Cook 1 more hour on low heat.
    4. Serve garnished with more cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips and avocado.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Smothered Chicken in Gravy (CP)

Ingredients
    • 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
    • 1/3 cup onion — chopped
    • 1 cup chicken broth
    • 2 tablespoons butter
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
    • 1 bay leaf
    • 2 teaspoons Herbs de Provence seasoning, divided
    • 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
    • 1 package Knorr roasted chicken gravy mix
    • 1/3 cup buttermilk or 2 % milk
    • 2 teaspoons flour

Directions
    In a 4 to 6 quart crock pot, combine chicken, carrots, onion, chicken broth, butter, salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence and bay leaf; mix well.
    Cover; cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high setting for 3 to 4 hours.

About 20 minutes before serving, stir gravy mix into crock pot, remove the chicken breast and using two forks shred the meat and return to the crock pot. Remove and discard bay leaf.

In a measuring cup, blend buttermilk or milk and flour until smooth. Stir flour mixture and peas into chicken as well as ½ tsp poultry seasoning and the reserved 1 teaspoon of Herbs de Provence; mix well. Cover, increase heat to high, and cook an additional 25-20 minutes. If the gravy is too thick add a little more milk or chicken broth.

Serve with rice or biscuits, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes or noodles.
    Yield: 4 very large servings or 6 smaller ones.
  • godsrose
    godsrose Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • rcloyd5
    rcloyd5 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I put three chicken breast on the bottom of a crockpot. I add a jar of salsa, packet of taco seasoning, 2 cans of black beans, and 2 cans of corn. I put it in the crockpot for 8 hours on low. You can put it on a whole wheat tortilla or add a couple cans of chicken broth and eat it like a chili. It is delicious!
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Definitely need some new ideas in my life. Bump for later.
  • Michellekutz1
    Options
    BUMP
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any simple chicken crock pot recipes?

Simple?

Put a beef roast (or pork) in crock pot and 1 cup of beef or chicken broth (yes, chicken broth its delicious - trust me) simmer on low for 8 hours.

Season the meat with salt & pepper - add a little onion & garlic to the crockpot too. Play around with spices that you know you like, or leave it simple.

You can shred or slice meat, eat and enjoy
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have to admit, I understand why people opt for chicken breast but it is often so much cheaper to have a whole chicken. Then again I supposed I'm biased because I'm a student lol.
    I marinate my chicken in garlic and some herbs, plenty of black pepper, no oil for a few hours. Brown off all over roughly in a non-stick pan. Place breast down in the slow cooker and add a few tablespoons of chicken stock or broth at the bottom and leave on high for around 6 hours. If you need a little longer I've done mine on low for 9 hours before and it was just as juicy.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Chicken Dip, will this count?

Some chicken
    Some cream cheese
    some ranch dressing
    some hot sauce
    some sharp chedder cheese

crock for a while and eat with tortilla chips, I prefer corn rounds.

Other BBQ Chicken?

Some chicken
    Some BBQ sauce
    a little brown sugar
    some crushed red pepper flakes

crock for a long while and savor every bite
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    A staple in our household and SUPER easy....

Family pack of chicken (about 6 breasts)
    2 packets of Lowrys Burrito seasoning mix

Place clean chicken in crockpot. Pour seasoning over and lightly coat the breasts.
    That's it! Cook 8-10 hours on low.

When done i pull a breast out at a time and shred in a bowl. Seriously...they fall apart. Then once all breasts are shredded, I stir the remaining juice in the crockpot. Take a strainer and place on top of the chicken and pour the juice through the strainer to catch any lumpy bits. Remove strainer. Stir and you are ready to enjoy.

Can be used for street tacos, over a baked potato, on a salad, in broth soup... possibilities are endless. Enjoy!!

This sounds so good !
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Bump for later...
  • jlederman71
    jlederman71 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Super low cal.. but a bit high in sodium:

Buffalo Chicken
    6 chicken breasts
    (1) bottle of Franks Red Hot
    (1) packet of Dry Ranch Seasoning

Put it all in crock pot, shred chicken when done and return shredded chicken to sauce (4-6 hours on high 8-10 on low)
    Serve on buns (we use Orowheat thins) or use as filling for lettuce wraps!
  • YogaLady1950
    YogaLady1950 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Some really nice recipes here! I'm seeing some people saying "Bump for later". Can someone tell me what that means? :smile: