Jeans for Guys

Options
MG_Fit
MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
I'm running into a little issue here. Jeans that fit my waist generally do not fit my quads (well they do, just not in a comfortable way). Skinny jeans ... well those should just not be in a guy's wardrobe, but these may be borderline. I usually wear Lucky 32 x 30.

Do any of you fella's have recommendations?

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I have nothing helpful to say. I just think it's awesome that men are having the same problem that women do.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Women in tight pants is an acceptable site though. Not so much with men.
  • resistance_freak
    Options
    Same problem here. Usually have to go for relaxed fit or loose fit to avoid the painted-on-my-legs look.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    No skinny jeans. As a friend of mine said earlier this week, if a guy will go out in public dressed like that, imagine what other bad decisions he's capable of making.
  • at_night_bookstore
    at_night_bookstore Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    501's for life!
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I have a recommendation.. Build a time machine, and find the idiot who made Skinny Jeans "OK\Acceptable" for "Men" to wear, give me a call, and we'll go break his legs....

As for what jeans brand, I have no idea now, as I have to buy a belt with every pair or they won't go over my legs!
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I wear a variety, and my wife picks them out. Urban Pipeline, Wrangler, Cinch, Levi's, etc. I wear a 30x36 now.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I generally wear wrangler relaxed fit typically 1-2 sizes larger. I just setlle for wearing a belt at all times. Better that then having them spandaxed on my legs.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Most comfortable ones I wear are Harley Davidson. They fit well, enough room for a tall guy like me to bend down and not get a wedgie.

When I wear Buffalo's I get groped at times, so the females tend to like the fit.

Levi's signatures are good low end one that are a cross between the two.
  • oBuckethead
    oBuckethead Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Prana jeans are the jeans that fit the way I want them to. Downside is they're $80/each but well worth the price.

These are the ones I wear

http://www.prana.com/axiom-jean.html?color=Antique Stone Wash
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I'm running into a little issue here. Jeans that fit my waist generally do not fit my quads (well they do, just not in a comfortable way). Skinny jeans ... well those should just not be in a guy's wardrobe, but these may be borderline. I usually wear Lucky 32 x 30.

Do any of you fella's have recommendations?

I've just gone through this. I ended up finding jeans that fit pretty well at both Gap and Express. I had to pay twice as much as I'm used to paying. They're both slim fit straight style and sit pretty low on the hips.

ETA: I wear 31x30 in most things. I'm not a very big person. My thighs and hips are proportionally larger than my waist though.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. Usually have to go for relaxed fit or loose fit to avoid the painted-on-my-legs look.
    Yep. I have tree trunks for quads. I also find relaxed straight leg by Arizona (JCPenny brand) works for me.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Those Ballroom jeans seem to work well for me.. same with the Wranglers that Brett Favre does the commercials for.
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I just came in here to see what was in all the guys pants. Carry on.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Apparently the answer to that is "quads & glutes."
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Apparently the answer to that is "quads & glutes."
    Solves the mystery. I can continue with my day now.
  • reality_girl
    reality_girl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    thisthread_zpsec2a9e4d.png
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Guys - if you're looking for cheap jeans that come in loose fit you might try Old Navy. I always get those for my husband when they're on sale for $19 a pair. I think reg price is still only about $29 or $35. But don't expect them to last more than about a year, especially if you wash them a lot.
  • 1BrowneyedGirl
    1BrowneyedGirl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I got my guy some levi jeans that are fitted on the waist but expand out at the thigh and bottom of the leg, still a lil snug on his thighs cause he's got big leg muscles but not uncomfortable and not tight on his crotch or anywhere else and looks good. So there's some good jeans out there for skinny guys with good looking leg muscles but they are hard to find really good jeans for guys just like it is for girls. Stores seem to push those skinny jeans for guys and they are hideous.