Best beach body dvd to supplement running?

Options
Hi all! I'm looking to purchase a Beach body dvd program. My goals are to lose 2-4 lbs and reduce my percentage body fat from 25% to 22% in the next 8 weeks. My motivation is a beach a vacation. Currently I'm 5'2" and 114 lbs. I run 3x per week, pilates once a week and will do the beach body program 3x a week.

I am considering Chalean extreme, insanity and T25. For the past 6 weeks, I've been doing Jilliam michaels NMTZ and 6w6p with decent results but I seemed to have plateaued a bit. I do have bad knees although that seems to be getting better as I get stronger and a herniated disc in my neck that I have to be careful with good form.

Any recommendations?

Replies

• srmikes
    Options
    I'm a few weeks into T25. Highly recommend. The shorter workouts allow me to focus my intensity and so far seem to lessen my chances of injury. I have a bad back that is prone to going out at least once per year. I'm a veteran of P90, P90x, and Insanity. So far, T25 is my favorite. Less impact than the other three, but still a great workout, mixed cardio and strength. Right now, I'm in the middle of preparing for a swimming meet in April. So with 3 days a week in the water and doing T25, plus losing 30 pounds in the process, T25 has been working well for me.
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I actually heard Shaun T talk about how Insanity began as a cross-training tool for runners so my vote's with Insanity! On a personal note, I was doing Insanity for just a couple of weeks and then decided to go for a 5k run with a friend of mine after not having ran in months. I expected to be HORRIBLE but it wound up being one of the best runs I've ever had!

Feel free to friend me if you want more info! :) I'd love to help!
  • Tee_geee
    Tee_geee Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Im only a few days into t25! But im pretty sure itll be a great supplement to running!
  • phoebejeeby
    phoebejeeby Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have tried Chalean Extreme and T25...both of these were not for me. I found Chalean didn't have much of a cardio element to it and was a little slow/boring. T25 is lots of fast cardio, not a lot of toning. Running was my main form of exercise before I tried Insanity. To get into shape in 60 days you cannot beat Insanity. I am a little on the heavy side for this program and only could get through the first month. I am going to reattempt the full 60 days after I lose so more weight...but the results are completely ideal for beach vacation. I would drop the running and do the program as it is mapped out...6 days a week.....YES is freekin hard...but you will see results fast. I didnt lose weight, but you can see huge changes in the mirror. Everything just starts to look better. Insanity is lots of cardio and toning. I have bad knees too and even though it has lots of squats and jumping I wasn't in any discomfort as long as i watched my form. After a month off from running while I was doing Insanity, my first run was a breeze. My normal run felt to easy and too short. I now am running further and my cardio is the best its been.
  • pps7
    pps7 Posts: 46
    Options
    Thanks all! I think I will try insanity. I am used to doing 45 minute work out and have the time for that so I don't need the shortened work out that T25 offers. I'm not sure about the giving up running though-it's important for my mental health. Anyone have a hybrid running/insanity schedule? I know some people do 2 work out a day but I can't manage that. I'm not running a lot of miles right now 4-5.5 per run bc of the weather.

I might try Chalean after Insanity. I know there's no cardio but I don't really need that. I have running for that.
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    You could just follow the Insanity schedule but just do it on the days you're not running? I think it would be just as effective. But you could try Googling a hybrid, I just don't know of any offhand!