Long way to go, but 45 pounds down! (Pics, I hope!)

Options

Replies

• ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Damn, girl...look at the transformation you've made already! It is so great to see success. Keep doing what you're doing, and congratulations.
  • Sunshine1023
    Sunshine1023 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work!!!!
  • Mztress06
    Options
    Keep going! You can do it! x
  • Masonless
    Masonless Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Great job. Keep pressing forward and you will reach your goal :flowerforyou:
  • mlkambalimath
    mlkambalimath Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You really look great! I'm glad youre making it work for you! Its so easy to give up when you stop losing and to let every day stresses get in the way!
  • mitzvahmom
    mitzvahmom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look FABULOUS! Keep going. My story is very much like yours...with out the 40lb loss :( I'm not giving up.

Cheers!
  • LostButterfly
    LostButterfly Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    And then my drivers license won't be a big, screaming lie. :)

Shhh! Don't let them know we do this. I don't want scales at the DMV.

Great job! Do this for you. The scale will follow:bigsmile:

HAAHAAHAA Great to know I am not the only one with the incorrect weight on my DL!!! ;)

Great job on the weight loss, you look great. Keep up the hard work!
  • FitNurseLex
    FitNurseLex Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!!! Keep going!!!
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful! Great job!!!
  • misti777
    misti777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Your hard work is showing :) keep it up!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Wow.. good for you, you look great! Your story is similar to mine... I've been on MFP for years too off and on... lose some, gain some... feel free to add me! I find that I will stall in weightloss about 1/2 through my cycle as well and then have a pretty big number after my period. As long as you know it's coming... you can keep on trucking! Good luck with the rest of your journey!
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • CulturedCowgurl
    CulturedCowgurl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    looking great girl!
  • gizmo0777
    Options
    You look really great... I look forward to seeing you at your goal.
  • Carbonussell
    Carbonussell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A big well done! I totally know what you are going through with the stop and start with weight loss. week by week the changes can be so different on the scales even if the healthy eating and exercise has been maintained...! We will get there and your story is inspirational. Great work - keep it up! :happy:
  • minky_r
    minky_r Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    wow!! you look fantastic!
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Even your dog's impressed! :wink:
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Awesome job!!
  • davadoto
    davadoto Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I have been an MFP member for years. I have been in an evil cycle: Lose 20 pounds, get frustrated, gain all back + a few, repeat.

Before I knew it, I was close to 300 pounds. I am 36 years old. You'd never know I was a skinny cheerleader in high school. I won't go into all of the reasons why I gained the weight, but ultimately, I was responsible for every single ounce. I was always exhausted, grumpy, and so very sad.

Then one day last May, something changed. It just clicked, and I started making real changes. Most significantly, I ate less. Not really different, just less. I still go out to eat. I still eat carbs, even the satanic white ones. I just make sure that if I go over my calories one day, I cut back the next.

The biggest change has probably been exercise. I actually like it now. I discovered that I love a nearby hiking trail, and I have serious competitions with myself on the elliptical. I even started strength training.

Now I lost the first 20 pounds really easily and quickly, just like always. And then I stalled. I lost nothing for like a month even though I was still at a calorie deficit. I saw my doctor and after running every test in the book, he assured me that nothing was wrong with me. (Besides all of the extra weight that is.) He encouraged me to keep eating better and to exercise because even if I wasn't losing, I was still benefiting my health. He promised that eventually the scale numbers would follow my habits. He was right. (Who knew?) I woke up one morning just after my period, and dropped a whopping 5 pounds. That continued over the next few months.....no loss at all, and then a significant one right after my cycle. I just have to be very careful not to get frustrated and depend too much on the scale.

I still hope to lose about 60 more pounds. And then my drivers license won't be a big, screaming lie. :)

I am always looking to add more friends, so feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:

So, if you actually read all of that, thank you! I've been resting on a giant plateau for a while now, and I'm crossing my fingers for a few pounds to drop any day now. I just started a New Year's challenge at my gym, and I hope that will recharge my batteries!

829_zps3c03a5af.jpg

20130905_1803432_zpsfdd263b5.jpg
    Amazing! Very inspirational, specially for those of us whom have been down this roller coaster ride so many, many times before and hoping , nay, knowing this time is for real.
    Don't hesitate to add me as a friend if u wish.
    Congrats again!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!