Friends for a 100lb weight loss journey

Options
Hello Everyone,

I am returning to MFP after a long hiatus. I have decided to take control of my life this year, and regaining my sense of self is part of that journey. I have been an overweight individual more years of my life than I haven't. But, I have lost weight before, and I fully intent to begin a lifestyle change now. I feel like my head, heart, and my body (working on this one) are in the right spot, and I am on a weight loss journey to lose over 100lbs. It's always nice to receive motivation from others, and to be able to encourage people to reach their goals!

If you are on a similiar journey, I am looking for new friends, and I would love to add you!

Peace, Be Well, and Kick Weight-Loss Butt!

Replies

• Kyttiara
    Kyttiara Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, feel free to add me!
  • flab2fit_30
    Options
    I'm on the same journey... feel free to add me for support! I have only been overweight my adult life but I have got to make some changes now... no more putting it off. i have taken on the 'cant stop, wont stop' attitude this go round.
  • finzup
    finzup Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am literally in the exact same boat!!

Just starting out, 100 (well maybe 115) pounds to lose.. have lost in the past.. have used MFP many times (and fitday before that)..

let's encourage each other to be successful!
  • ShawnaElston
    ShawnaElston Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just wrote in a book "This is MY year!" Just started the Super Shred Diet and loving it! Please add me, I am determined as well! You can do it!
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have 123 pound journey ahead of me. I try to encourage as much as I can. I often hope just logging in everyday helps my friends log on too. I wish you the best of luck. Even though I'm sure you will succeed. Believe you can do it and you are halfway there!
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm more than halfway through my current weight loss, but I look at this as a lifelong journey to health and fitness. I've been overweight almost my entire life, and am determined to end it.

Best of luck to all starting out. If you can make the first months, you can finish it!!
  • evdvelde
    Options
    I just wrote in a book "This is MY year!" Just started the Super Shred Diet and loving it! Please add me, I am determined as well! You can do it!
    What is the super shred diet
  • chrissypow
    chrissypow Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me too! I've been overweight since I can remember. I'm one of those that diet, lose weight, gain it back, repeat..... I am hoping to make my weight loss journey last longer this year. Good luck to everyone!
  • whitmers22
    Options
    Good to meet people with similar goals. I had 50 to lose to meet my first goal. Then another 30 from there. I have lost 16lbs since the start and 6 since starting mfp. I just started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I am on day 9 :) It is hard but with dedication and watching what I am eating I am seeing results already! Add me and I would be happy to support you along the way!
  • Lucha4Life
    Options
    I too have to lose 100lbs + (actually 183). This is my first day on MFP. I am trying to figure the site out, etc. Any and all that are in it for life, feel free to add me. Appreciate the post. Look forward to this journey with you all.
  • lulu0368
    lulu0368 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same situation here. Please feel free to add me! :happy: Good Luck!!
  • yom8
    yom8 Posts: 10
    Options
    I am also on the same boat! I have 100lbs to lose...plus more! :)
  • AestheticMike
    Options
    Any (or all, hopefully!) of you are more than welcome to add me!
  • lindsykaye
    lindsykaye Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am also looking to lose 100+. I have been on MFP for awhile, I just had not been active for some time. Now I am back, and ready to start again. Feel free to add me, new friends are always welcome!
  • patsypooter
    patsypooter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I have 109 more lbs to lose to get to my absolute goal of 180lbs. I've already lost 25lbs since this time last year but have fallen off the bandwagon here and there while dealing with IBS.

I've found a diet that works not only for weight loss but for my IBS as well.

I would be so glad to have some friends to share the journey with!!
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    I have 97 left to lose! Lets do this! My diary is open and I'm on daily. Anyone feel free to add me for motivation and support =)
  • texanne77
    Options
    Hi there. I'm looking to lose about 110 lbs, and would love to have some friends along the way. Thanks so much! :)
  • bellafrmtx
    bellafrmtx Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! I'm also on this journey and looking for new friends! Please add me guys! :)
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have gone and am still going through the same thing!!! A life-long battle with weight, trying everything under the sky and nothing worked. I recently started MFP, and in that short time, I lost 4 lbs but gained back 3. I'm 51 yrs old and determined (this time) to take the weight off and keep it off!!!

You can add me as a friend!!!