anybody drink diet pop to save the calories?

Options

Replies

• suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    i dont drink it regularly, even the regular ones..so whenever i get a craving for soda, i pick the diet ones..but i prefer fruit juice/water/soup any given day!
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    In general I only drink pop in a mixed drink and I've always drank diet instead of regular. I always drink water during the day and I order water at restaurants. I hate drinking my calories (rum being the exception!)
  • missie_515513
    missie_515513 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am drinking diet drinks to stop any hunger pangs!!! Not good but once I get to goal I will ease off - I only have about 1 can per day!!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I drink a few diet sodas per week.
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have Diet Pepsi sometimes because I love the hit of carbonation at the back of my throat LOL. Honestly though I actually prefer water now......

What the eff did I just say???
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I will drink a Dr. Pepper 10 every now and then. Becasue it tastes good and it's all manly and stuffs. Not meant for the women folk. :tongue: *catch phrase*
  • JLBurke1
    Options
    I bought a soda stream machine and make bubble water every day which I enjoy with ice and a bit of lime or lemon and sometimes any other fruit I have lying about. We have had the machine for 2 + years and it was the best purchase ever. No calories, feels fancy and no chemicals to work about really.
  • nohayoussef
    nohayoussef Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here is my theory: No calories whatsoever should be wasted on a drink. period. So, yes I drink diet soda because I love soda. I also drink hot unsweetened tea because I like the taste. Both with zero calories. That means more food.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Yep. I love me some Coke Zero. And it doesn't make me crave anything sweet or carby....I don't know what that's all about.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    and before everybody loses their mind, i know artificial sugar is terrible for you, there are studies that say yada yada, aspartame causes cancer, etc..

i just want to know if anybody drinks it, or switched to diet from regular soda when they began their journey, if it helped, if you use the calories for another treat.. etc. if you dont,.. then this isnt really meant for you [and good for you! honestly. such a vice]

I have a one can of diet soda everyday. Occasionally I'll have a 'real' soda...I love an ice cold coca cola but I usually stick with the diet to conserve calories. Bad, I know but I'd love to peak into the cupboards of some of these people preaching to the choir about what to eat and what not to eat;) I wonder if some of them are even smokers?! :smokin:
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    If you stick with only diet drinks (soda, juice, sports drinks, whatever), the regular stuff will start tasting bad to you. Regular soda tastes so syrupy and awful to me now. Regular Gatorade/powerade type drinks make my stomach hurt.

When I was at my largest (210 lbs, size 28) I didn't diet to lose weight but I added more exercise, portion control and swapped out small things. Like fat free or low cal extras to replace the regular stuff. I shrunk down to a size 0 and stayed there for several years until my thyroid broke.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    It's not really to save calories, I just like diet soda. I used to drink way more and over the years I stopped drinking so much. It does help me control cravings a little more than just plain water. Or at least it seems that way.
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,805 Member
    Options
    I too enjoy the Zero sodas and have for years chosen them to save a few calories. I have not had any cravings from drinking them because I'll usually just consume them with my on the go lunch.
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    Nope .. water 100%
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    Have for 25+ years. Having one right now with lunch.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options
    The diet sodas I have seen have too much sodium
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    If I was going to drink pop, I did diet... I don't drink it often at all. I gave it up for the new year this year.. I also gave it up for the new year last year.. NO SODA AT ALL, diet or otherwise.. which leads to no alchohol (except the occasional wine) cuz I won't mix my hard liquor with anything but soda.. so no more of that this year either.
    Diet soda still has sodium and those "harmful chemicals".. I resoved to just drink water and the occasional 100% fruit juice.. maybe kool aid every once in a while.. I honestly do juice like 1 time every 4 months. lol.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    The diet sodas I have seen have too much sodium
    Most have 40mg. How much is too much sodium?

IDEA Fitness member
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    i used to drink alot of coke, thats the first thing i switched and cut down, only really drink pepsi max now :3
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Diet soda still has sodium and those "harmful chemicals".. I resoved to just drink water and the occasional 100% fruit juice.. maybe kool aid every once in a while.. I honestly do juice like 1 time every 4 months. lol.
    Emphasize which chemicals are harmful.

IDEA Fitness member