Women 5'3" around 125 lbs

Options
Hello everyone, so I am 5'3" 1/2 and 125 lbs. I blew up to 145 lbs last year and now have lost 21 lbs.. but somehow i still have fat on my belly love handles and thighs... I used to be 113 and that was too thin, so i'm trying to re adjust my goal weight...
Anyone have pictures or stories around my height and 115-120 lbs? Just wondering when this excess belly fat will go away, i dont wanna get too thin... thanks !!!

Replies

• ashzacher
    ashzacher Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my goal weight is about 125 pounds. I have some muscle on me, but currently I'm slightly over 150. Hopefully I'll make it to my goal! :)
  • susan8144
    Options
    Hey Ash I wish you the best of luck, you can do it !!
  • curlytoes79
    curlytoes79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Your belly and thighs might be your "problem areas" - the first place you put on weight and the last place you take it off. When I lose weight, it usually comes off my breasts first and my butt last - as a pear-shaped gal, the butt is my problem area. I could probably get down to my goal weight and still have a big *kitten*. I'm thinking that when I get the rest of me downsized a bit, I'm going to buy some J-Lo booty pants and just embrace it...lol
  • ashzacher
    ashzacher Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Belly and thighs = my total problem area. I have larger breasts and I literally feel them shrink smaller every time I drop a pound, haha. It is so frustrating. My waist will get thin, but then I can't even tell because it's in the butt!
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" at 123.8 lbs just lost 60 lbs in the 18 months. My problem areas are my stomach and thighs. I have a flat tummy but flabby and now bulking up do to workouts...hopefully I keep at it, it will go away as well as my thighs, love handles. Every month I do a different routine and I hope this is the one to help with those areas.
  • eevincheezburger
    eevincheezburger Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" but I'm 127lbs

I do carb cycling and weight lifting

24ora0y.jpg
  • SummerRain43
    Options
    I'm 5'3"......I started at 172lb and got down to about 118lb at which point all my friends and family said I was too thin....I liked the fact that I was in the "teens" for the first time since I can remember....lol....all my weight goes to my belly and thighs as well.....darn those saddlebags!!!!....since I started lifting weights, I've put on weight and now I'm at 131lb....arrrgghhhh.....my waist and hip measurements have gone up half an inch!!!WTH???....I thought lifting was supposed to make you leaner and the measurements go down....saddlebags have crept back on, smaller than they were but still visible and the thighs are a little jiggly.....I need to get back down to 120lb but nothing is working so far.....not sure what I'm doing wrong....it's very frustrating.....thanks for letting me rant!!lol
  • ZimmerFly
    ZimmerFly Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! I'm 5"3 and weighing in between 130 and 135 right now. I'm miserable at this weight. I waffle back and forth between 120 to 135. My stomach is flat, but my love handles make up for that!! First place my weight goes to is my thighs and love handles. It's the last place the weight comes off too! Ugh! I just started using Chalean Extreme to tone up. Love that program. Builds muscle and shrinks fat! Good luck. Keep consistent and I'm sure you'll tone up!
  • PAG311
    PAG311 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and weigh 133. Belly fat is hard to lose and I battle it every year. One thing that worked for me before was hiking up hills. It worked wonders. I love hiking trails but those hills kicked my butt. Let me tell ya, I sure did cuss a lot while trying to get up those hills which later turned into mountains. Three years ago I went from a size 10 to a 6. My stomach wasn't completely flat, but it was the flattest it had been since I was 28 years old. Then I stopped watching what I was eating and started to gain weight again still while hiking. So, I know it's going to take positive self talk to get me back to where I should be. I am 50 now and people say I don't look it. The trick is to keep eating healthy and keep moving. Stick to it!
  • susan8144
    susan8144 Posts: 14
    Options
    wow you look great!! I would love to get abs like yours!! motivation !
  • susan8144
    Options
    I'm 5'3"......I started at 172lb and got down to about 118lb at which point all my friends and family said I was too thin....I liked the fact that I was in the "teens" for the first time since I can remember....lol....all my weight goes to my belly and thighs as well.....darn those saddlebags!!!!....since I started lifting weights, I've put on weight and now I'm at 131lb....arrrgghhhh.....my waist and hip measurements have gone up half an inch!!!WTH???....I thought lifting was supposed to make you leaner and the measurements go down....saddlebags have crept back on, smaller than they were but still visible and the thighs are a little jiggly.....I need to get back down to 120lb but nothing is working so far.....not sure what I'm doing wrong....it's very frustrating.....thanks for letting me rant!!lol

I feel the pain!! wow thats strange about putting on weight after lifting... no problem.. and yes im now down to 112 still with saddle bags!! i can't believe it... i wish you much luck and i think it will come off if you keep up the good work!
  • susan8144
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! I'm 5"3 and weighing in between 130 and 135 right now. I'm miserable at this weight. I waffle back and forth between 120 to 135. My stomach is flat, but my love handles make up for that!! First place my weight goes to is my thighs and love handles. It's the last place the weight comes off too! Ugh! I just started using Chalean Extreme to tone up. Love that program. Builds muscle and shrinks fat! Good luck. Keep consistent and I'm sure you'll tone up!

thank you! and yes i have love handles too.. i just uploaded a picture where my whole body is skinny except for the pouch around my waist!! ugh!!! thanks im trying hard and good luck to you too!
  • susan8144
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and weigh 133. Belly fat is hard to lose and I battle it every year. One thing that worked for me before was hiking up hills. It worked wonders. I love hiking trails but those hills kicked my butt. Let me tell ya, I sure did cuss a lot while trying to get up those hills which later turned into mountains. Three years ago I went from a size 10 to a 6. My stomach wasn't completely flat, but it was the flattest it had been since I was 28 years old. Then I stopped watching what I was eating and started to gain weight again still while hiking. So, I know it's going to take positive self talk to get me back to where I should be. I am 50 now and people say I don't look it. The trick is to keep eating healthy and keep moving. Stick to it!

Wow i never thought of the hiking, that sounds like a really good idea.. lol... well you look great and same to you!!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5" and currently 115 lbs. Stomach is definitely the last place I lose from! I've been heavy lifting throughout my weight loss. I started at 170 lbs last year. Good luck to you!
  • susan8144
    Options
    @sugarylynx you look fabulous!! thanks same to you.