barre Fitness

Options
Getting into Barre fitness...does anyone have any input or suggestions before I start to do this more than once a week? Is it better than pilates? the Barre workout Ive been doing is for professional dancer and athletes , and its pretty intense , but has anyone seen results from doing it ?

thanks!

Replies

• StacieJones0385
    StacieJones0385 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My friend has been doing it for 4 months now and is LOVING it! She just took the 60 classes in 90 day challenge there. She looks and feels great! If you love it, why not commit to something you will enjoy doing that is also good for you?
  • robynn412
    robynn412 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I survived my 3rd class last night...really enjoying it, but it's been brutal! Completely different than anything I've ever done...and I've never been a dancer or anything. My sister is an instructor back east, and was first just a participant...she completely transformed her body and looks AMAZING!! She's my inspiration, and I'm giving it a try. I just signed up for their new client 1 month unlimited...my goal is to get 14 classes in this next month, and then move on to package purchases...I definitely want to commit to it long enough to see and feel a difference. Would love to hear about your barre experiences...sending friend request. :) Good luck!!
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    thanks! I guess Ill stick with it and see how it works. I have been into dance for a while, but barre is just a new intensity I havent seen before. Im pairing it with cardio.
  • rjordan1985
    rjordan1985 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Stick with it! I'm on month 4 and have since a HUGE body transformation! Absolutely love it and to find an exercise you love is just a bonus! You'll find that you have muscles in places you didn't even know existed!
  • sugibear85
    Options
    I love barre!! I have been going for 10 months, 4 x a week - I'm much stronger and fitter than I ever have been in my life, and I've met some awesome people in class :) I was almost a size 12 when I started (I needed to buy size 12 but couldn't bear to purchase the jeans... but 10 was hard to put on :/), now I am a size 6! :D
  • lilbrowngirl
    lilbrowngirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Excited to find this topic!! I've just started bar method classes - I'm headed into my third week and really loving it! I've been going 3x a week and running one day a week.

Everyone at the studio seems really friendly and stays to keep with it. I took a few measurements but even only with 3 weeks I can definitely see a difference in my arms.
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I have never done a class, but I have plenty of the Pure Barre DVDs. I have really tried to like it, but I just don't think it is for me. Last Friday when I was planning on doing a Pure Barre DVD, I picked up my dumbbells instead and did some lifting exercises and loved it. Now I am working on a plan to lift more, do Pure Barre less. I need to god shopping and buy heavier weights!

I don't think I stuck with it enough to see a lot of results, but I do like the ab series in the videos and I feel like my abs are getting stronger!
  • StayingCalm
    StayingCalm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone. I wanted to try a Barre fitness class, but I am concerned I will not have the time. I would like to try the DVDs. Does anyone have a good suggestion on which DVDs to purchase? I am ditching my gym membership in favor of some different exercise, and I really don't want to purchase an elliptical.

Thank you!