Had enough of the weightless roller coaster!

Options
Hello all, My name is Tommy and I just joined the site. I am 51 and spent most of my adult life on active duty in the Marine Corps. Since retiring from the Corps in 2005 I have been riding the weight roller coaster. I have joined this site in hopes of creating better habits for myself. On my 51st birthday in December I hit 240lbs and was in the worst shape of my life. That combo has affected the things I like to do most. I love being outside, hiking, biking, kayaking, and most of all riding motorcycles. My goal is to change my habits into a healthier lifestyle that will help me get back down within USMC weight standards and to improve my overall fitness to be able to enjoy doing the things I love. I'd enjoy hearing from anyone with similar interests….but not only those who are into the same things….all chat, tips, ideas, etc. are welcome. Good luck to all as we strive to reach our goals!

Replies

• kerratheboss
    Options
    Hello, My name is Kerra. I finally got tired of being fat when I realized that I was unable to ride a roller coaster at the amusement park because the seat belt would not fit.
  • tom0018
    tom0018 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Kerra!
    Yeah, that would tend to spoil the fun I suppose. Well, we all have had that moment….but the important thing is no matter the reason, you have decided to do something about it and that is the first step! Looks like we are both still at 0 lbs lost. Tomorrow is my first weigh in…hopefully I will be able to post something. So far I really like the site. It provides a lot of info that I think will help and enough accountability that I already don't want to see red numbers at the end of the day. I seem to have an issue staying under my allocation of sodium. LOL Good luck!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Thank you for Serving.

Once a Marine, always a Marine. Time to get that shape back! we're here to help.

Feel free to add me if you'd like

I'm 48 and getting healthy because I have two little kids I need to be around for

Nancy