Busy Moms Supporting Each Other

Options
I am a returning user to MFP. I started using it a little over a year ago and lost 30 lbs. I have kept it off for the last 6 months but with my upcoming wedding I want to get more in shape so I can rock my reception dress not to mention feeling comfortable in my suit on our honeymoon.

I am a busy mom of 5 beautiful kids. Our only daughter and oldest, McKenna, is 10 going on 16...Lol...Followed by our other 10 year old boy Jalen, our athlectically gifted, artistic child. Ra'shaun, 7, is our comedic relief. Dartanion, 6, is struggling with the loss of his baby of the family status thanks to Braydann, 2, our expected surprise. Lol

My fiance and I have been togther for almost 7 years and engaged for over 6. We have finally set the date and in between planning a wedding, sports for the four oldest kids, and my fiance's coaching basketball and a semi-pro football team we find time to throw in a few more things. I am the Marketing and Media Director for the semi-pro team and run my own e-commerce business and work full-time for a retirement company.

I'm looking for some busy moms who understand what it's like to run on 6 or less hours of sleep and run after a bunch of kids but can still stay on track with their journey to become or maintain their healthy lifestyle.

Please send me your ID or a friend request. We can all work together to keep each other on track, vent when you need it, laugh when you want to cry, etc....

Hannah

Replies

• janiem1987
    janiem1987 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Busy mom here! I have two kiddos, 6 and 3 who are very energetic and always on the run! I work a full time job, just finished grad school and try to maintain a healthy lifestyle for the family.

I log daily and in advance to plan out my meals. Looking for new friends! Anyone, feel free to add me!
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Congrats on the upcoming wedding:) I'd be happy to be friends to motivate and support each other. I "get" the busy mom life. I have 2 childrean (4 and 2) and my husband and I both work full time (often long hours) outside the home. My daughter is just becoming involved with extracurriculars (swimming and figure skating) so life is only going to get more hectic. I seem to thrive on the being "busy" but I also need to be held accountable so I take care of my own needs (healthy eating and exercise).
  • SoniaBlenkhorn
    SoniaBlenkhorn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Hannah - another busy mom here who lost her MFP way last year, after successfully losing 40 lbs. I'm back now and have another 15 to go to reach my goal weight. I'd be happy to join in a support group. I find it always helps to have someone else to be accountable to, makes it harder to cheat :)

My name is Sonia, I have 3 children - William is 10, Callum is 8, and Gwynneth is 6. I work full time, and after a drawn out divorce and a bit of time to heal, I'm in a new relationship. Like you, I'm always busy, which makes it hard sometimes to eat healthfully. Here's wishing us much success in dropping those last frustrating pounds :)
  • takd86
    takd86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel like I am constantly running, but when compared to the rest of you, it's nothing! You are all super heroes to me! Great job in maintaining a family and a healthy lifestyle!

I am still trying to learn how to manage life. That probably sounds a bit ridiculous, but it's true. My little boy is 2 years old and is constantly on the go. I teach freshman in high school all day long, so they wear me down as well. On top of that, I am a graduate student and coach softball, which is starting to pick up soon. When I get home, I look after my son, maintain my house, do homework for me, grade homework from students, and lesson plan. By the time all of that is done, it's usually bedtime if I ever want to function. Working out is a chore and I have to force myself, so of course, it rarely happens. I, too, need someone to be accountable to and support along the way!
  • sackings79
    Options
    I'm sorry.

At first glance I thought your topic said " busty moms supporting each other"

Had a little laugh to myself.
  • lauraroach1
    Options
    Going to try MFP again after having a baby. I am a proud mother of a 9 year old boy who plays hockey every weekend and a 23 week old little girl. My husband and I both work ft. He has tried diet after diet with no luck. I am back after taking a about 2 years "off". I got married in October 2012 and was pregnant by November 2012. I did put on a few more pounds than i planed on but I have about 10 or 15 to get back to "pre pregnancy weight". I am hoping by starting this again with a little exercise I can accomplish my goal.
  • OohShiny19
    Options
    @sackings79 Well I am that as well....but I'm glad you had a good chuckle. Laughing is the one thing I make sure to do even if it's through tears.
  • bnm1979
    bnm1979 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Y'all add me ????
    Mom of two beautiful girls, 6 & 2
    I have lost 60# and maintained for 3 months
    Now looking to lose 20+ more and tone up!
  • driii123
    driii123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    MFP helped me lose the weight after my 2nd and 3rd babies. I have a 4 year old, 3 year old and 18 month old. Would love more "friends" so anyone feel free to add me :)
  • sixds
    sixds Posts: 16
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom but i am still pretty busy I have 4 sonsldest is 11 and youngest is 21 monthes. I am starting my assosiate degree for graphic design. My husband works full time second shift so when all the kids are home its all mom he also is study public relations. So it can get pretty crazy then you add the other stuff in and well it gets busy. Compared to some of you i feel pretty lazy but if anyonee wants to add me i am on here alot ya know for support and to talk to people over the age of 12 some days hubby isnt included the above 12 group either lol
  • proudjmmom
    proudjmmom Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi, i am also a busy mom of 2 children, 10 and 6, and 2 furbabies (2 Labrador Retrievers) We are also a foster home. Both my husband and I work full time. I work 12 hour shifts, days and nights. Maintaining home, work, children, dogs, husband and myself keeps me super busy. After 7 years of focusing 100% of my attention and time on my babies, I finally decided to take care of myself, and start eating healthy and exercising. I try to make time almost daily to go for a walk or workout. I am down 94lbs and 40 inches in 3 years!
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I am a busy mom of a 6 month old son. I work two jobs go to school and am expecting baby number 2.
  • ketoandbarbell
    ketoandbarbell Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am no where as busy as you guys but I have a 14 year old boy, 9 year old girl, and 10 month old boy. My husband and I are both self employed so we can work around each others schedules so no need for daycare for our little guy. But that means we work from early morning to late night.
    My last pregnancy I gained a lot of weight. Plus I still had baby weight from the oldest :grumble: I have lost 52 pounds so far and have another 20 at least to go. I log every day, even cheat days.

We can never have enough friends on this journey, anyone can add me!
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    And I forgot to add that anyone can add me. More support the better!
  • alwaysfitter
    alwaysfitter Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry.

At first glance I thought your topic said " busty moms supporting each other"

Had a little laugh to myself.

Same here.
  • sweetmommyofthree
    sweetmommyofthree Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am a 35 y/o mom of three beautiful children who are 10, 8 and 4. My husband and I both work full time plus at our jobs. My kids are starting to get very active with Cub Scouts, basketball, dance, baseball, guitar, sax, piano, and just school. Feel like I am constantly running and some days just get overstressed. (That is when I eat!) Anyway a little about me, but I told myself this year is for me and I have made a commitment to MFP. Please add so I can keep my momentum going!