Happy to find Myfitnesspal.com!

Options
Hi!

I just joined myfitnesspal last Saturday. My husband wanted to treat me so told me to buy a pretty new outfit... anything I wanted at JCPenney. I was delighted and grabbed several pretty outfits to bring back to the dressing room. We don't have a full-length mirror or bathroom scales in our home. I'd noticed my jeans were getting pretty tight, but wasn't prepared for the full-length, true-to-scale view of myself in the nude! I was shocked and disgusted with myself. How could I have let myself get so out of shape? I decided to buy a pretty outfit that kind of camouflaged the love handles so I would feel good about myself. I made a rock solid decision at that moment that I was going to lose weight and take better care of myself! I found the app for my iphone, then the website. I am motivated to lose this weight and become more active!

Replies

• carolww
    carolww Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've only been doing this for 6 weeks, but I'm loving the site. You'll get a ton of support on here. A lot of the members have been very successful too - I enjoy reading the success stories - and there's plenty of them for sure. Add me as a friend if you like and we can support each other!
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    Congratulations on making the decision to put yourself first. This website has really helped keep me on track and losing weight. I highly recommend becoming involved in the community and making friends. Seeing comments on your activity is really motivating!
  • curvecreation
    curvecreation Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    i've only been here and using the site everyday for two weeks and have already lost a kilo. It really does help and the community is great for support and keeping you motivated. Good luck :)

missi
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have been at it on here for a good 5 months now. I love it. Even on my worst day I can find a way to stay motivated. Welcome! Hope you have tremendous luck and wonderful friends to support you!