No Weight Lost in a Week?

Options
When I first started a month and a half ago, I continously dropped weight, stayed within 1500 calories and worked out approx 5 times a week, sometimes twice a day.

This past week...Nothin' :( I dont get it!

I was 19lbs down but now only 15 (over the course of 24hrs, my scale said I gained 5lbs which isnt right...I burned 800 cals in the gym that day.....?) I couldnt have reached a plateau already!

Any advice for getting the weight loss going again?

Replies

• koalasue
    koalasue Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    When I first started a month and a half ago, I continously dropped weight, stayed within 1500 calories and worked out approx 5 times a week, sometimes twice a day.

This past week...Nothin' :( I dont get it!

I was 19lbs down but now only 15 (over the course of 24hrs, my scale said I gained 5lbs which isnt right...I burned 800 cals in the gym that day.....?) I couldnt have reached a plateau already!

Any advice for getting the weight loss going again?
  • koalasue
    Options
    This might sound crazy but If you eat something high in sugar you will be surprised what happens?
  • driscollmc
    Options
    try changing up your workout and doing circuit training. i do the treadmill (running and walking), elliptical, and bike, with weight lifting in between. it allows your heart rate to slow down, which means then you have to work hard to get it back up again. just think of times/distances that work for you. but always try changing up your workout. when your body gets used to one thing for a certain amount of time, it stops burning calories like it did previously. you also might have lost inches and not pounds, which is equally as wonderful! hope this helps!!
  • kmard81
    kmard81 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    This might sound crazy but If you eat something high in sugar you will be surprised what happens?

actually did that today thinking the same thing. Cant wait ti get into the gym tomorrow and see those numbers DROP!
  • koalasue
    Options
    Sorry if this comes over twice. But eat something high in sugar? LIke cake with frosting. Everytime I hit a plateau I do this and boom the weight drops.
  • kmard81
    Options
    try changing up your workout and doing circuit training. i do the treadmill (running and walking), elliptical, and bike, with weight lifting in between. it allows your heart rate to slow down, which means then you have to work hard to get it back up again. just think of times/distances that work for you. but always try changing up your workout. when your body gets used to one thing for a certain amount of time, it stops burning calories like it did previously. you also might have lost inches and not pounds, which is equally as wonderful! hope this helps!!

On M,W,F I normally do 300-500 cals on elliptical, then I do all the reistance weights, then another 300-500 on treadmill and have recently been conquering the stair stepper, LOL! My minimum to burn is 500, anything above that is extra! I did 1000 this past Saturday!

Tue and Thu I do an hour of Zumba.

Generall don't work out on Sat and Sun because I work those days.

I thought that was a good routine, but I will try and mix it up a bit!
  • jeorwa
    jeorwa Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If I don't drink water I don'tlose weight, in fact I actually GAIN weight. Like a LOT of water....I'm drinking 88 ounces currently (plus tea, plus my morning diet coke) and it's helping.
    That's what I've recently learned anyway!
  • kmard81
    Options
    If I don't drink water I don'tlose weight, in fact I actually GAIN weight. Like a LOT of water....I'm drinking 88 ounces currently (plus tea, plus my morning diet coke) and it's helping.
    That's what I've recently learned anyway!

I generally drink about 2 liters a day...is that good?
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this comes over twice. But eat something high in sugar? LIke cake with frosting. Everytime I hit a plateau I do this and boom the weight drops.

I resist the urge to restrict further when the scale doesn't move, I boost my calories and carb intake for 1 or 2 days. Then go back down to what my norm is. It works better than when I restrict more and still see no results.

I found that out by accident I had weighed myself the day before and realized no way would I reach the goal for weigh-in so I splurged on my calories/carbs. And low and behold I actually reached my goal. ;-)
  • AdventureVia
    AdventureVia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I hit a plateau a month in too. For me it's just about changing things up a bit and adding more reps/weight to my strength training stuff as well as switching up the cardio. I hope to break through this week and see some movement on the scale again.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options

I resist the urge to restrict further when the scale doesn't move, I boost my calories and carb intake for 1 or 2 days. Then go back down to what my norm is. It works better than when I restrict more and still see no results.

I found that out by accident I had weighed myself the day before and realized no way would I reach the goal for weigh-in so I splurged on my calories/carbs. And low and behold I actually reached my goal. ;-)

This helped for me, too. I had a really good 2 week period of exercise and diet, but didn't loose. I gave it up a weekend and was back at it the next week. Loosing again. Also I don't always see losses when I am exercising heavily. When I have that time of the month, or if I've been really tired from doing too much in general and could use a rest.