MFP Runners Club- 7/29

Options
2»

Replies

• bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow runners!
    I just got back from our family vacation and have to say I missed you all! I will have go read up on what I've missed! Did Banks join the club? I only ran once on vacation but we body surfed, hiked, ran on the beach, and never had a idle moment. We always say we're going on vacation to relax ..ha ha :laugh: But we had a great time. I returned with a sore knee. Don't know which of the weekend warrior stuff did it but it hurts to walk. Was planning to run with my running club tonight but think I will let it rest (old injury).
    Take care,
    Bunny
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Good job today everybody!

Hope you get rid of your skunk Shannon! That would totally freak me out.

Today I did a four mile "speed" workout, which was a bit of a joke calling it that because it was so hard to push myself to go fast. My legs still feel dead after Sunday's race. I'm going to try some more treading water to see if I can wake my legs up. I don't run again until Thursday, so hopefully they'll feel more alive by then.

Happy running everyone!:heart:

Terry:heart:
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Wow, what a stinky thread! hehehehe :) OK, bad joke. Good luck with the skunk!

I am running 3 miles this evening with a friend. I'm a little nervous because it's supposed to be HOT. Any suggestions for running in hot weather? (90 degrees plus humidity)
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Alright, I just got back and I have no idea how, when, why, or what, but I managed to do 3.10 miles. I didn't run it straight through, but man I totally jogged most of the time. The good news is, I am jogging at a 4.5 pace instead of a 4.0 now. :laugh: Go ahead, laugh, it's okay. One day i'll be running faster like you professionals! :bigsmile:

I'm proud of myself people. I burned a total of 481 calories.
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    I don't know if animal control will come get it or not. I know they can be mean if you get to close, so I would call for sure to check it out!
    Nice Run by the way, getting up early and all.

Another day for me not working right. So I am not fighting it today and taking the day off.
    I tried to get to bed on time and even though I was still late, I set my Alarm.
    Then my husband was snoring. I tried to move him, but I couldn't get him to move right and finally after an hour had to move to the couch.
    So I get up anyway, and while waking up I check my mail....

Best Friend Emergency. She has been on line all night:huh:
    She kicked her boyfriend our for cheating :mad: and even though she was really good about it, I knew she needed to talk. So for over 2 hours we chatted and then I had to get some sleep.

But woke up to a nice little earthquake, but now that is all the news is talking about. 5.6 about 25-35 miles away:noway:
  • mlck2323
    mlck2323 Posts: 87
    Options
    hey guys, i'm not a regular mfp poster, but maybe i will more--i was training for chicago but started too early after my surgery and stopped last week--i am going to run columbus half instead! i'd like to beat my 96 minute time but i have a long way to go after knee surgery!

anyways, have you guys ever tested your one mile time on a track? i'm wondering how we all compare... its the hardest test i've ever done!

We should all try it--gives you something to measure and improve on.
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    hey guys, i'm not a regular mfp poster, but maybe i will more--i was training for chicago but started too early after my surgery and stopped last week--i am going to run columbus half instead! i'd like to beat my 96 minute time but i have a long way to go after knee surgery!

anyways, have you guys ever tested your one mile time on a track? i'm wondering how we all compare... its the hardest test i've ever done!

We should all try it--gives you something to measure and improve on.

Hi mick2323, glad to see you posting, if anyone should be it should be you!
    I think that would be a great thing to do, but what is the best way to do it? Do you do a good warm up first (because it takes me like a mile or more to warm up really) and then just time a full mile with a stop watch. I have never done that and never ran on a track. Do you do a full blown fast as you can or just what you normally would run at a good pace? Sounds hard, but you could make a special board like the runners or bikers board?
  • mlck2323
    mlck2323 Posts: 87
    Options
    i asked a friend who used to run track how to warm up and he said by doing a 400 or 800 (once or twice around the track) and stretching as well as some long strides. I biked the 1.5 miles to the track and slowly ran a 400 and stretched then did the mile (4x around the track)

I definitely wanted to die on the last 400 but that is good! you must push yourself. obviously its not an all out mile sprint but a pretty fast pace.

My laps varied only about 2-3 seconds and my last lap was the fastest.

try it out!
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    Hey Everyone! It looks like there is a wide variety of runs and animals going on today! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Annnnnyway...I got home from a long day of work and thought good 5.5 miles would be great. ITS HOT!! ITS HUMID!! The good news is I made it the whole 5 1/2 miles...bad news is I had to walk a 1/3 of a mile in the middle:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Happy Running!!

Ali
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone-

Ran a little over 6 miles today while my 7-year old was a football practice. It was kind of funy, because I mapped out a run around the park where he practices on mapmyrun.com. I'm not familiar with the neighborhoods around the park, so I wrote the directions on a little Post-It, so I wouldn't get lost. It was a great run - I love a change of scenery. If you never checked out mapmyrun.com, you should. It is pretty cool...

Good runs today, everyone!

Hess
  • bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Options
    Hi all - hope it's okay if I post here on my running days. Did 2 miles this evening in 25 minutes. That's not much for you hard core people, but it's good for me!!! I'm hoping to gain endurance and speed and eventually do the tri thing.
  • rdhsm
    rdhsm Posts: 16
    Options
    Hello! Whew this has been a busy thread today!
    -Shannon... I once had a skunk chase me inside a barn... I freaked and ran out the back, making sure to leave all doors open... never saw it again, but I was nervous for a couple days.
    -I went to strength training tonight barely, I finished with work 15 minutes before the class started... so I ate a few zucchini muffins for some quick energy on the way.
    -Wanted to run afterwards, but I needed dinner! Lunch was too long ago.
    Night, S
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Hey Everyone! It looks like there is a wide variety of runs and animals going on today! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Annnnnyway...I got home from a long day of work and thought good 5.5 miles would be great. ITS HOT!! ITS HUMID!! The good news is I made it the whole 5 1/2 miles...bad news is I had to walk a 1/3 of a mile in the middle:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Happy Running!!

Ali

I think that is fabulous! A little walk is fine, and the fact that you did the last half without walking is awsome! And to do it after work is even better. Good for you!!!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Well - today was 3 miles with intervals! Whew after yesterday's squats and such it was not as easy as I thought it would be!

Hope everyone had a great day!