Shopping on a Budget/Not Getting Enough Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• TheLovelyKenne
    Options
    This might seem like a lot of work but I think it's worth it -- every night try to prepare your meals in tupperware (5 small meals) for the next day. Here's an image of how The Rock did his meals:

263x300xthe-rock-diet-meals-263x300.jpg.pagespeed.ic.P2jzpSOrzE.jpg
    I see a lot of that on Instagram. I have no idea how or what to put into the meals. I'm legitimately confused. I don't have a clue how much protein, grains, veggies, fruit, or dairy I need to buy in order to get us through a week or a month. I'm a newb. I don't want to go over budget, or remain in this calorie deficit. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    This might seem like a lot of work but I think it's worth it -- every night try to prepare your meals in tupperware (5 small meals) for the next day. Here's an image of how The Rock did his meals:

263x300xthe-rock-diet-meals-263x300.jpg.pagespeed.ic.P2jzpSOrzE.jpg
    I see a lot of that on Instagram. I have no idea how or what to put into the meals. I'm legitimately confused. I don't have a clue how much protein, grains, veggies, fruit, or dairy I need to buy in order to get us through a week or a month. I'm a newb. I don't want to go over budget, or remain in this calorie deficit. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

Thats why I love the crockpot, throw everything in, a bag of frozen veggies, lentils, a couple cans of diced tomatoes, a chopped onion, and a carton of broth, and chicken or sausage if I have any. Just let it go all day, eat some for dinner, then freeze the rest in tupperware and I have leftovers for days! And infinately customizable to what I have on hand.
  • meek277
    meek277 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    When I'm low on funds I get frozen veggies and brown rice from Dollar Tree. I also like to get my produce from ALDI's . You can catch great sales on produce their. I like dried beans cooked via the crock pot. Look for cheap crock pot recipes also. I rarely buy pre made items. I can usually make them myself for cheaper. So you have and mom and pop grocery stores or meat markets near by? I check those often for sales.