Need some help starting

Options
Hello Everyone, My name is Joshua. I haven't really tried anything like this before so here it goes. I am currently 215 to 210 lbs. I hate looking at a mirror. I am disgusted. I have been trying to find out what are the best workouts to do to lose the fat and cut muscle. And i'd also like to get a bigger body. I'm nowhere near what I want to be. I cant stand going out in public because of the way I look. So if anyone has any kind of hints on how to do this. I don't really have an ideal weight in mind. But I want the fat gone, the muscle look and a bigger body. I would love some ideas and I am open to everything. I don't have any weights or am able to join a gym. So I would prefer only body weight workouts please. Thank you everyone. Have a blessed day :)

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Your good news is that you are young, male and strong! Start by growing your muscles! You have so many advantages that will make your transformation easier. Not easy, but easier.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Time to change. YOU can make the change. You can feel better about yourself. You look good on the Inside, time to bring it out!
  • jcalicott
    jcalicott Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much. :). Im I have support
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    try the SWORKIT app, if you have a smart phone or a computer, you can go to SWORKIT (see the APPS tab above), you can customize your workout for whatever you want, it's a great app, plus if you use the app to work out to, once you are complete it will SYNC with MFP and log your workout for you.
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Your good news is that you are young, male and strong! Start by growing your muscles! You have so many advantages that will make your transformation easier. Not easy, but easier.

This!

I've lost 12 lbs in the last 5 weeks. My 24 yr old son started with MFP 3 weeks ago and has dropped 10 lbs in that time. Which is irritatingly unfair if you are me ;-) Run with it - you've got this!

If you haven't already read this, it's an MFP classic: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • jcalicott
    jcalicott Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    is that a free app?
  • arwacky
    arwacky Posts: 1,653
    Options
    I'm starting as well but I like the JEFIT app which is free and can give you ideas on workouts and how you can plan your workout week. It also gives you exercises that target different areas of the body, as well as demonstrations of the exercises. Very extensive for a free app. Good luck on your journey and I hope you like the app as much as I did!
  • OneH1
    OneH1 Posts: 4
    Options
    Only you can do it but the encouragement from others on this site really helps with success. I tried it without linking to others on the site and found it harder to stick to. Befriend some people who can encourage and help you stay accountable. That's what I'm trying this time. You're welcome to add me as friend but I know nothing of weights and muscle building. I'm sure there are some who do. :smile:
  • leviclampitt
    Options
    Fall in love with planks (and then with how to make them harder). Good luck! :)