Chicken recipes!?

Options
My boyfriend and I recently cleaned out our entire fridge and now we only have healthy food. And A LOT of chicken breasts. I'm running out of ideas of how to make them! I like anything easy. I have a ton of spices and veggies. I just don't know what to do with them!

Replies

• jadetigereyes
    jadetigereyes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of healthy chicken breast recipes on the Internet - it's the most versatile meat!

Here are some of my favorites below:

Baked seasoned chicken breast (season with herbs of your choice, add chicken breasts to pan and add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of chicken/vegetable broth to pan, bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until juices run clear)

Chicken breast / vegetable stir fry

Grilled chicken breasts for salad toppings

Baked stuffed chicken breasts (use veggies to stuff the breasts, maybe add some cheese for flavoring)

Braised chicken breast with rice and veggies

Enjoy!
  • chibru1
    Options
    I am in the same boat! Drowning in chicken breasts. I noticed almost all of the really delicious seasonings are high in sodium. Being a fan of spicy food, I usually look for a chicken seasoning that would typically be REALLY hot. That keeps me from over doing it :) That way, a little goes a long way. Sprinkle it on lightly, pan sear it or bake it, then I usually do a vegetable and some hummus on the side. Keeps me full, easy to make, and keeps the calories down. I'm sure there are tons of really great ways to add some variety and I look forward to reading what other people do. Good luck with your goals!
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    bump (so this will appear in my topics)
  • NYgirl1990
    NYgirl1990 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I recently cleaned out our entire fridge and now we only have healthy food. And A LOT of chicken breasts. I'm running out of ideas of how to make them! I like anything easy. I have a ton of spices and veggies. I just don't know what to do with them!

Cook the veggies and have that with the chicken. That's what I had today for dinner :) I used a bit of Italian seasoning and dill.
  • BeckaLowe
    Options
    My hubby loves salads and we use lots of chicken breast because beef gives me the worst stomach ache. I love to put the chicken on the grill, because it has such a wonderful flavor and slice it thin for salads. Some of the salads I love to make are chicken, feta & greek olives with homemade balsamic vinaigrette...chicken, roasted corn, shredded carrots, some RF sharp cheddar, & homemade barbeque vinaigrette...chicken, wheat berries (so yummy), goat cheese, walnuts, & chopped dried cherries & homemade white balsamic vinaigrette - I like to throw caution to the wind and mix/match my greens (love arugula, romaine, spinach, etc)

Chicken is so versatile that there isn't much you can't do with it...Enjoy! BTW Homemade salad dressings are super easy and so much more delicious without all the icky preservatives in most bottled.
  • BeckaLowe
    Options
    Oh I forgot...Chicken & veggies makes a great stir fry too! Try it over quinoa or brown rice :)
  • plt55
    plt55 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I take about 4 boneless breast and lay in casserole dish, I then pour plain tomato sauce over them because it is low in calories,plus you arent eating sauce just the little bit that cooks into breast.then sprinkle with Italian seasoning or oregano whichever one I grab,also garlic salt. Cover bake at 350 for an hour take cover off sprinkle fat free mozzarella cheese cover bake a few min till melted. Since I am only one that eats it (hubby hates chicken) after cooled I wrap and refrigerate then dice for salads or reheat for another meal.
  • sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I made up a great recipe the other night-simple and quick, tasty and low cal. Took 4 chicken breast in a casserole dish, covered them with fresh baby spinach, cut up some fresh tomatoes and throw them on top. pur in some chopped garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Put about 1/3 of a can of low sodium chicken broth in and sprinkle with white shredded cheese and cover with tin foil. Cook time would depend on the size of the breasts but from 25-40 minutes on 375. It will not do well if you do not cover it with tin foil!
  • holly273
    holly273 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt chicken:
    1 cup nonfat greek yogurt
    1/2 cup low fat cheese
    cajun/moroccan seasoning
    salt
    pepper
    2 chicken breasts, each cut in half or thirds lengthways

mix yogurt, cheese and seasonings together in a bowl, rub the chicken all over with the mix, put in a baking tray in the oven at 350 and bake for 15ish mins or until you cut open the chicken and there's no pink.

Tinfoil chicken breast wraps
    chicken breast
    onion
    garlic
    pesto
    tomatoes
    bell peppers
    any other spare veggies you want to use
    cheese (optional)

chop up onion, garlic, tomatoes, bell peppers and any other veggies, and place on a sheet of tinfoil. put a chicken breast on top, along with 1-2 tbsp of pesto. Spread the pesto around on the chicken and wrap the tinfoil around it. Put in the oven at 350ish until chicken is cooked through.

Chicken stew-ish thing (if you're broke and wanting the healthiest/proteinyest meal possible)
    chopped up chicken breast meat
    1 can of 4-bean mix
    1-2 cans crushed tomatoes
    onion
    garlic
    salt
    italian herbs
    chili flakes (optional)
    olive oil
    frozen veggies (or fresh if you have them :))

sautee chopped garlic and onion in olive oil, add chopped chicken, cook through. add the crushed tomatoes and beans, stir, then add salt, herbs, chili flakes and veggies. leave to simmer 5-10 mins.

Prosciutto sage chicken
    chicken breasts
    prosciutto slices (100g ish)
    sage leaves
    lemon wedges
    garlic
    olive oil

chop garlic to small slices, slice chicken breasts in 2 or 3 pieces lengthways, then make small incisions in the chicken and put the garlic slices in the holes. cover the holes with sage leaves, then wrap the chicken strips in prosciutto. lightly pan fry in olive oil.
    this is really good served with roasted potatoes/sweet potatoes/butternut squash.

Chicken bulghur (can sub for couscous or quinoa) mediterranean salad
    chicken breasts
    tomato
    bell pepper
    feta
    olive oil
    pumpkin
    salt
    chicken stock
    spinach

chop up the pumpkin to 1inch cubes, rub with a little olive oil and salt, place on a baking sheet on a baking tray and roast in the oven for half an hour-ish at 400. dice chicken breasts and chop up bell peppers, lightly pan fry both in olive oil, drain oil and set aside. cook bulgur (or whatever substitute) according to package directions, except using chicken stock rather than water. leave to cool and chop up tomatoes and feta. in a large bowl mix together bulgur, diced tomato, chicken, bell pepper, spinach. gently fold through pumpkin (will be tender, don't want to mush it up), top with feta.
  • arussell0027
    Options
    A simple way I cook a large quantity of chicken relatively easy for meals during the week is to marinade/season chicken breasts after I've trimmed off any excess fat and cut it down into strips. I throw it all in a large glass baking dish, no oil really needed if I marinated and cover the dish with tin foil. I bake it for 10 minutes at 375 then remove the foil and flip the chicken and bake for another 10-12 minutes until it's reading 165 internal temperature. Great way to cook chicken without overcooking and making it tough.