Protein Powder

Options
2»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I also use Optimum nutrition. Vanila ice cream flavor Is my favorite. Check Amazon for best price

agreed, the double rich chocolate is also nice!
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to sample Optimum Nutrition before investing? I can't find sample packs that are in stock.
  • vijaynarayanan
    Options
    To avoid confusion mate,

It depends on us structure. You wanna bulk ON rocks, you wanna cut isopure no carbs.

Vy
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't stress to much about which whey to buy as well, just go with what is affordable, not really any difference. I buy the $30 walmart has. most of what is advertise on those bottles doesn't make sense anyways haha, and if someone is really concerned about Protein, there is no sub for real food anyways.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition gold standard 100% natural whey. No artificial sweeteners and tastes great. I've used the brand for over 6 years now and always had great results.

OP asked for cheap :p lol

Yes Optimum is damn expensive where im at

I wouldn't know , go ask at your local supplement store and compare prices and macro nutrients . In all honesty , I see protein as protein .
  • trainingman123
    trainingman123 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Check the cholesterol level, most are high. Avoid high cholesterol whey products. Stick to isolate, not concentrate. Avoid those with too much sodium and artificial sweeteners. I use soy isolate a lot. For whey I have the best in your price range..integrated whey isolate, 100% natural.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Check the cholesterol level, most are high. Avoid high cholesterol whey products. Stick to isolate, not concentrate. Avoid those with too much sodium and artificial sweeteners. I use soy isolate a lot. For whey I have the best in your price range..integrated whey isolate, 100% natural.

Whey is all 'natural' its a by-product of cheesemaking. It is all concentrated too, have you ever seen a bucket of actual whey?

I think what you mean is to avoid ones with added ingredients...which makes sense to me, then you can add whatever you find tasty.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

Whey is all 'natural' its a by-product of cheesemaking. It is all concentrated too, have you ever seen a bucket of actual whey?

I think what you mean is to avoid ones with added ingredients...which makes sense to me, then you can add whatever you find tasty.

Whey protein isolate has practically zilch carbs and fat, whereas whey protein concentrate still has some carbs and fat.

Dietary cholesterol doesn't affect your cholesterol so that doesn't matter...
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    MTS whey or Dymatize... best on the market...
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options
    disregard protein powder, acquire more protein from real food.
  • creativehi
    Options
    I found one of the best protein power that is Amway Protein Powder.It is taste less we can add it in to our food like milk, omllette ,juice,shake,chicken,or any edible items except alcohol or any other hot beverages.It is soy based,no fats and additional colours and flavours. You should take the amount of the protein powder according to your body weight.Per day an adult can take one gram per body weight i.e. if the weight is 55 kg ,then you should take 55 gms of total protein per day.