What do you eat between breakfast and lunch?

Options

Replies

• amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Usually chicken breast, sometimes with some sweet potato and veg.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    When I went to the university I had to wake up early, and I had a light breakfast so I would get reasonabily hungry by 10 am. I usually ate some biscuits with a coffee or tea, you could also have a piece of fruit in addition, or you could prepare a sandwich with jam or whatever you like in it. I think you just need to decide if you feel like having something sweet (like carbs and sugars that might be great to keep your brain active) or proteins or fibers to keep you full longer.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    2 small melba toasts with a thin veil of raspberry jam and a mug of coffee with skim milk.
  • R_Bedard
    R_Bedard Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast at 6am, snack at 10am and lunch at 12. For snack I have a smoothie. I use frozen berries, pomegranate juice, and flax seed. I bought a mini blender. Hamilton Beach brand has one that the top is the size of a glass. I leave the base at work and just bring the top home to wash. it works really well and I got it for $12! Here is what it looks like.

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-51101B-Personal-Blender/dp/B0017XHSAE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389953702&sr=8-1&keywords=hamilton+beach+mini+blender
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    About 400-500 calories containing 30-40g protein... I'm going to need to step it up a bit though. Still losing and I should be bulking right now...

Seriously though; you're going to need to feel this one out for yourself. Drink plenty of fluids to increase energy and reduce hunger. I recommend eating a small meal that will stick with you a bit. Meat and vegetables tend to satisfy me better and for longer periods than grains or dairy. If you need to, eat more in the mornings and lower your expected intake later in the day to compensate for it. I get hungry every 3-4 hours, but I can also forget meals easily if I am busy. Tracking on MFP helps me a lot!

If you find yourself going over your intake goals, you may also try eating every few hours, but just enough that you are not hungry. This will help to stretch your allotted food out over a longer period of time. If you still have issues, you may want to speak with a professional nutritionist.
  • tegalicious
    Options
    Oh. I feel your pain! I get the same way!! Doesn't matter if I have a huge protein filled breakfast either!! I am just hungry all the time. So! Between breakfast at 530/6 and lunch at 12 I have: 2 yogurts, 7 grams of pumpkin seeds, a kids multivitamin, 8 cups of water, a piece of raisin Ezekiel bread, a banana and sometimes a carrot from lunch. Oh and sometimes a cheese stick too. Or two cheese sticks. I am always hungry :) Oh and lunch is usually soup and a carrot or two and a cucumber and some pb2! Then whatever I didn't eat during the morning, I will have in the afternoon for snackies. And then I have a snack when I get home. Before dinner. Did I mention I am always hungry? Lol.
  • wmbrett
    wmbrett Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Nothing - but I have a more substantial breakfast with more protein, fat and non starchy vegies. This satisfies me til lunch with no energy crashes. It's a lot more satisfying than when I ate smaller meals more frequently

^^^^ This ^^^^
    I eat a substantial breakfast sandwich (~415 calories) @ 8:00 a.m. - an English muffin (100 calories), egg (75 calories), crumbled turkey sausage (35 calories), cheese (120 calories), Canadian bacon (60 calories) and either butter or cream cheese spread (30 calories) - and don't start getting hungry until noon. Sticks with me for the day, and I then eat a reasonable lunch.
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    If I'm really hungry (like today) I have a banana at 10 to hold me off until noon.
  • SenDEETEE
    Options
    I usually eat a two-egg omelet with either cheese or crumbled turkey sausage or bits of turkey bacon, grits, and juice; or a BLT in the morning. At lunch I eat a fairly big salad of lettuce, tomato, and onion with my homemade lite Thousand Island dressing. For dinner it's a healthy sandwich, soup, fish, chicken, and I have been known to eat a piece of fried chicken and potatoes and baked beans and corn on the cob and still leave a calorie deficit. Works for me on a 1200 cpd.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Something that really helps me is to eat more fat sources like cheese or nuts in small amounts. The fat cuts out the hunger pains. An apple with a cheese stick is a perfect combo without a huge amount of calories. And I added fat into my breakfast - that means I actually make it to lunch now without starving.
  • staciedee10
    staciedee10 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I try to eat every 3 1/2 hours. My morning snack (around 10:30 AM) consists of a small banana, 10 almonds, & a protein shake. :smile:
  • MsMacL
    MsMacL Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Have you tried eating little and often? Maybe 1 egg and 1 toast for breakfast and the other egg and toast when you start to feel a wee bit hungry?
  • romancefan1983
    romancefan1983 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I eat a Quest Protein Bar. I'm a natural snacker so I make sure I have healthy snacks around my desk.
  • breannezawaski
    Options
    I get the same way. I have noticed significant weight loss after cutting all dairy and bread from my diet but I also notice I dont feel as full as I did before. I used to get the same light headedness between breakfast, lunch and dinner. I have now cut my 3 big meals into 6 smaller ones so I am constantly eating through out the day and it sure does help. Ill have breakfast around 7am, then around 10am I have a some veggies or a peice of fruit. Fruit is always a good thing to eat when you are feeling lightheaded or sluggish because the fructose will give you the pick me up, especially after lunch.

Hemp hearts are a good light snack you can munch on. They have a nuttier taste like sunflower seeds or pine nuts but are VERY good for you. You can mix them with a non fat, low sugar yogurt or sprinkle them on some apple or banana.
  • eileen7316
    eileen7316 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I eat nothing. Hunger is not an emergency, but then I don't have hypoglycemia.
  • sumrdream
    sumrdream Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein to help you feel full longer. I usually eat almonds, greek yoghurt, or string cheese for light snacks.
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I eat dry roasted almonds and/or string cheese for snacks pretty regularly (sometimes between breakfast and lunch, sometimes between lunch and dinner just depending on my hunger levels). I also drink a LOT of water which helps me feel more full. I do not really like drinking water, but I give myself goals, such as "you can have two more almonds when you get the water below a certain spot in the bottle." So, I gulp the water and then savor the almonds. ha. We all do what we have to do....
  • xDawnsgrace
    Options
    i tend to eat a banana every hour between breakfast and lunch. typically, my breakfast consists of some fruit salad, and my lunch is a spinach salad, more fruit salad, and a grapefruit, sometimes with some cod.
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    nothing.
  • fitness_freak1234
    Options
    I don't agree. "eat what you want"?? There is a huge difference in what you eat. You can have a doughnut (which will make you gain weight) or you can have something healthy and good for you.

To the original poster of "what do you eat between breakfast and lunch?" To be honest I struggle too a bit. I find myself quite hungry in between breakfast and lunch and in between lunch and dinner. So I try to choose healthier snack options - fruit, yogurt (plain is the best), cottage cheese, a little bit of cheese, vegetable (carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes - the best about this that you can eat a lot of them). Another thing - not very good I am sure but whatever works - coffee or tea. I like black coffee (just obviously don't have like 10 cups of it :wink: ) and this is only black coffee. If you take cream or sugar in it or like fancy lattes and stuff - don't do it because you'll pack on fat and calories in no time.

Good luck!