What have you "given up" to help meet your daily calorie goa

Options

Replies

• Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at everything i eat and saying, is it worth the calories? Stopped eating out and no soda.
    Took about a week but I don't really crave the junk anymore. It is still tempting but the goal is what is important.
  • SkierElle
    Options
    SUGAR. (almost all grains actually, however i did have some pasta today)
    alcoholic beverages (down to 1-2 per week)... getting more than tipsy is not so fun or worth it anymore!

after cutting out those, i sometimes seem not to have enough calories, so I am sometimes drinking whole milk!! it's soo good! :)
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    I use spray butter instead of regular butter.
    I eat egg whites and dont eat the yolks.
    I eat whole grains instead of white bread and stuff.

I need to cute back more though on things like cheese and wine with dinner.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I eat open faced sandwiches made with one piece of bread instead of two.
    Mustard instead of mayo.
    Cut out cheese.

I gave up sour cream....which I LOVE. I can't stop at a dollop....I have to eat tons!
  • Beach_Chica
    Options
    I use butter spray whenever possible. It has a great flavor.
    I cut back on how much mayo and butter I do use.
    When I get a craving for something sweet, I don't jump in the car and drive to the store for some chocolate. I try to find something healthy, yet satisfying.
    I also quit eating fried food. It definitely messes with my stomach if I even have a little taste.
    Oh, and chocolate milk. That was a weakness of mine for a long time.
  • emott84
    emott84 Posts: 108
    Options
    I've been slowly cutting back on my sugar in my coffee - today was the first day that I've put NO sugar in! Very exciting.

Realized that the majority of fast food isn't worth it, but I work at a bookstore in a mall so on dinner breaks it's harder to make good choices on what to eat!
  • mrskern06
    mrskern06 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I drink my tea and coffee without sugar or milk now. I also cut out my one can of pop a day!!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Started measuring coffee creamer. Have given up Mountain dew 99%(down to 3 or less per week), alcohol(unless i earn it through exercise), Dairy Queen, Snack chips, snacks in general, Starbucks(white chocolate mocha has 580 calories), Chinese buffets.
  • calinkal
    Options
    chocolate
    eating takeaway (used to have it once a week)
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I've stopped eating risotto, but have started (after 20 years) eating meat as I've been losing weight....not a bunch, but some.
  • candlegal
    candlegal Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Cut back on Caribou Mocha's, once or twice a week, instead of 3 or 4 times a week and diet cherry coke, I think it increased my appetite. I don't feel as hungry anymore now that I don't drink it.:happy:
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    bleached / white flour (hard)

high fructose corn syrup (easy to not want but its in so much)

soda (super easy, been over a year with no soda and I'm loving it)
  • cosmoang
    Options
    hmmmmm. I have pretty much gave up everything I love.. yep.. everything! the hardest thing to give up was my precious Mt Dew.. I have found that even though I LOOOOVE my southern cooked fattening food =o) I love myself more and it gets easier every day!
  • 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Bread. I've been using the bagel thins or sandwich thins instead of regular bread.. even though I used to eat whole wheat bread.
  • lwj40
    lwj40 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have given up Pop, Sugar and limit myself to bread once a day if any.
  • mmalecki
    Options
    In short: NOTHING 8-)

In long:

1. Try to do a sorted list with all food, that you really like and that makes you happy. The "Happy-Factor" is most important!

2. Do an A-B-C-Analysis ... in other words - what food has the most calories compared to the "satisfaction-value", when you eat it.

3. Cut out A (highest calories) ... do not eat this food - or cut it down to minimum 8-)

4. You will see, that there is remaining a lot of food - that you like.

5. Start from the bottom and try to eat that food, that makes you happy - but lies in the C-Category of your Calorie-Pyramid.

6. With the help of the online calorie-counter you will see, that you will loose lots of Kilos - without any problems - without getting hungry.

... at least, that's how it is working with me.
  • eglass64
    eglass64 Posts: 180
    Options
    Not much, but if I had to say it would be cheese. but I still eat it , not as much.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    The two biggest things I have given up would be soda and fast food. Its just not worth it for me anymore...if I do go to Mickey D's I just buy a grilled chicken patty by itself, or salad. I also have given up sweets...again, not worth it for me right now. And I couldn't even tell you when the last time I bought white bread!

Its weird because for me...every time I look at a candy bar, soda, a cheeseburger...in my head I say, "I am really not trying to add AT LEAST another 30 minutes to my workout today, in order to work that off.". I just really don't see myself introducing those things back into my life until I reach my goal and even then it would be very sparingly!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Any drinks with calories incl.alcohol.
    Fried foods
    Fast food
    all the random Junk food i used to eat for every single meal : )
    cheese
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Cherry Coke, white rolls, Snickers bars, Oreos, most ice cream, lunch meat, pork chops, that white cheese sauce at the Mexican restaurant (most Mexican and Italian food)...the list goes on. I'm super picky now.