Addicted to Crystal Light

crayfish408
crayfish408 Posts: 13 Member
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
I drink a whole container of Crystal Light a day. Sometimes, I even drink part of another one. Is this bad for my health?

Replies

• idk if it is bad for you.. but it is mixed with water & you are drinking a ton of that, soooo... lol.. I use a lot of crystal light also, but I have the packets.. not sure exactly how many I use in a day though... I do hope you get some helpful feedback though :)
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    some people might say the aspartame is bad for you but there are a lot more worse things you can be putting into your body! The amount you are using drinking crystal light is probably minimal....you are doing your body more good in my opinion if it is helping you drink that much water.
  • Depends on what you mean by a container. Is it the big cylinder full, or the little box?
  • Ya I am thinking that much aspartame would probably not be that great for anyone! I don't even know how you can drink that stuff, it tastes so nasty with all that aspartame, lol. YUCK!
  • misty1208
    misty1208 Posts: 90
    some people might say the aspartame is bad for you but there are a lot more worse things you can be putting into your body! The amount you are using drinking crystal light is probably minimal....you are doing your body more good in my opinion if it is helping you drink that much water.

Im with you. I drink crystal light almost every day. It helps me get my water in. :)
  • Ninetta
    Ninetta Posts: 71 Member
    I don't think it should be an issue of "there are a lot worse things" ..... that's a bad excuse. If it's bad, it's bad, so don't do it!

I personally don't that think that anything made in a lab is good for your body but if you choose to keep ingesting it, I would definitely say that you should cut down - mixing it with water or not.......which by the way means that you should only be counting each glass you have as half a glass of water.

Good luck with whatever you decide :)
  • crayfish408
    1 meaning 2 quarts
  • crayfish408
    Depends on what you mean by a container. Is it the big cylinder full, or the little box?

Container meaning 1 pack from the cylinder... Makes 2 quarts
  • Oh, that's not all that bad, but if you feel like it's bad, then don't drink so much. Your body tells you what it needs.
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    I use the packets too, and have 3 or 4 a day. I use a 20 oz bottle, instead of the 16 ox, and it still seems a little bit strong, although I like the flavor. I am hoping I can reduce it to half a packet per 20 oz bottle. That would keep my water intake high while reducing the aspartame...
  • stasmi
    stasmi Posts: 1
    Just for the record, it Crystal Lite does not contain aspartame, it contains sucralose. I am badly addicted to it myself and have been doing research on it this morning. That's how I found this thread. I used to drink water exclusively and it completely satisfied me, but now water does not quench my thirst, only Crystal Lite. Also I seem to have developed a wicked sweet tooth, which I never used to have, and a considerable increase in belly fat. Bummer! However, the real proof to me is that my poor husband, who is tall and has always had a slender body type, has been puzzled and dismayed by having put on nearly 20 pounds right in his midsection. It just clicked with me that it's the Crystal Lite! I appear to have gotten him addicted as well to the ever-present pitcher of peach and lemon iced tea flavored Crystal Lite. I feel just awful! That @#$% has got to go. When my diet is tightly controlled, I don't seem to have a problem with weight gain when drinking this stuff, but my food choices run to the uncharacteristically sweet when my eating habits are, shall we say, unchained. You may not have much of a problem until you hit your 50's like me. I read through a lot of questionable and sloppily written information before I found something credible. Here is that link: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/04/26/major-media-finally-exposes-splendas-lies.aspx
  • uncharted01
    uncharted01 Posts: 105 Member
    .......which by the way means that you should only be counting each glass you have as half a glass of water.

just curious why each glass would only count as half a glass?
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    No
  • I use one packet a day, moderation for me.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    how easily we throw around the term addiction
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    I read addicted to crystal meth. Okay, phew. Crystal light probably is much better for you than meth. Perspective.

But in all seriousness, I don't think it's going to do you any harm ♡
  • ashzacher
    ashzacher Posts: 114 Member
    I used to love their peach mango green tea. I'd make a pitcher of it and go through it in a day or two.. I realized it had the sucralose too so I kicked the habit. When I want something sweet like tea, I will use Tazo Passionfruit tea mixed with cold water, and add some lemon. A packet of stevia makes it quite sweet!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    .......which by the way means that you should only be counting each glass you have as half a glass of water.

My question as well.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member

My question as well.

I'm going to whisper the word toxins. Maybe they secretly eat up half of the water you put them in. Sneaky hobbitses.
  • amydub1
    amydub1 Posts: 10
    Look into the True Lemon products. Far better for you than the Crystal Light products, and no artificial colorants.
This discussion has been closed.