Omg....please help me!!!!

Options
What workout should I do?! I keep hearing such great success stories from women that do heavy lifting, but I don't want a muscular body (although it looks awesome on the women that are built that way.) I want more of a natural looking body I guess. I just don't know how to get it! I'm doing Jillian Michaels workouts with cardio. Is that enough? Should I try heavy lifting? I'm also dieting. I don't have much weight to lose and really I'm more worried about the look than the numbers on the scale. I'm 183lbs as of this morning. I'm a 5'11 female. So I may need to lose like 15-20lbs. Help meeeee! lol
Weightloss is so annoying lol.

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You should do some type of resistance exercise to prevent muscle loss. If you don't want to lift heavy, then lift light (lower weight, high reps) or do pilates or use resistance bands or body weight exercises (squats, pushups, lunges).

But, depending on what you mean by a "muscular body", as a woman you are unlikely to get it.
  • lnsmac
    lnsmac Posts: 2
    Options
    Keep doing what you are doing, excercise 30 min's a day atleast 3 days a week; you will build muscle--which as I have heard will use the stored fat. Keep up the good work.
  • jlneibauer
    Options
    Thanks everyone :))
  • ethel72
    Options
    If you have access to Les Mills Body Pump that's a great strength class. I take it as well as Zumba, Hip Hop, and R.I.P.P.E.D. Body Pump and RIPPED are my strength ends, whereas Zumba and Hip Hop are my cardio.