What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Usually, when things are going well, I have 2 servings of Trutein Cinnabun protein mix (48 g of protein; 10 g of carbs; other good stuff) and 1-2 cups of berries (today I had blackberries). That's a good combo of lean protein, carbs with a low glycemic index value, and fiber.

Sometimes I nix the protein mix in favor of 2-3 eggs over medium. Yes, whole eggs. with the yolk. its good for you.
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    egg whites and turkey bacon are ususally a go to for me.
  • bechendrix7
    Options
    Mine is 1 piece of whole wheat toast, 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese mixed with 1 tbsp walnuts and cinnamon.Quick and easy and fills me up.
  • thvnderlight
    thvnderlight Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Low fat bagel and a small amount of butter :)
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    It depends.

Some mornings I'll have oatmeal, some mornings I'll have fried eggs and an english muffin, or an egg sandwich, or scrambled eggs, or just a package of belvita, or a smoothie . . .
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I used to say the same thing about oatmeal. Now: Bob's Red Mill steel cut oats, cooked 20 minutes so it is fairly solid. Mix in tablespoon (or 2) natural peanut butter. Add few sliced strawberries, sliced banana, and any combination of handful blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries. Top with half a tablespoon drizzled honey.

Crave more tomorrow.

Ahhh ... But now I see low carb. For that, eggs over medium, on top of trader Joes veggie chili or refried beans. Hot sauce and jack cheese optional. For added protein, mix in a tablespoon or 2 of Greek yogurt (faux sour cream).

Eggs over refried beans made me drool
  • cariorliz
    cariorliz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    egg muffins...I tend to make a dozen or so and then freeze them...quick and easy...or a smoothie...easy peasy...
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Every morning for breakfast I have a hard boiled egg and a "mean green" which is a juice from a cucumber, kale, ginger root, a green apple, 1/2 lemon, and celery. I love it! And of course I have my cup of coffee. And a couple hours after that I have almonds. This is my daily ritual. At least when I am at work :)
    Mean Green sounds fab! Do you blend or juice?