Welcome Dave! :smile:
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    A great start, good luck on your journey
  • Trissyboo
    Trissyboo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi Dave! Welcome, it will be a long road and there will be ups and downs but the key is to STAY on the road. Congrats on your decision and we look forward to all of your success stories.
  • scarterrn
    scarterrn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Dave, welcome and congratulations on your success thus far! I WILL lose the extra 100 lbs I am carrying around. Anyone and everyone, feel free to add me as a friend. I would love to give encouragement as well as receive. :)
  • ghoti3
    ghoti3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Dave! I also have about 100 pounds to lose. I've been on here about 2 weeks and am loving the accountability. I've found some positive people to keep me motivated & try to do the same for others. Feel free to add me (anyone else, too)!
  • DGK24
    DGK24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Daniel, I am a grateful follower of Jesus Christ and I struggle with my weight.
  • JonfromIndiana
    JonfromIndiana Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Dave, you have already cleared the tallest hurdle (Commitment) just take it 1 day, 1 meal at a time. I was in the same boat, weighing in at 263lbs. and fighting type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure. Good Luck!!!
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    That's a great start...do get discouraged if you lose less or even gain a few pounds, it's a marathon and not a sprint....keep up the good work.
  • FattyFatsoMcTubby
    FattyFatsoMcTubby Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow Dave. Congratulations on taking the biggest step. You can do this! KEEP LOGGING!

I'll be rooting for you!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Congratulation on your loss so far. One thing is for sure. IF you stay under your calorie goal you will lose weight.
    Best wishes!
    D
  • schriebla
    Options
    The fact that we are all here demonstrates our committment! You go, Dave! We're in there with you!
  • ellenajr1
    Options
    Good Job! Keep up the good work!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Dave!
    Go to "Getting Started" and read through all the "pinned" articles,
    and as you do, questions will arise. Do a 'search' on your interests,
    so that you can understand what's going on in your body, and how
    other folks are getting rid of 100+ pounds.
    I like to hang around the Success Stories and Maintaining Weight forums,
    to get examples of good attitudes and practices.
    Best wishes!
  • idundidit
    Options
    Good luck, man. MFP has helped me prevent from over eating in calories. I never really used to eat that much before, just everything I ever ate was really unhealthy. Growing up in California, Mexican food is like an every other day thing (refried beans, cheese on everything, fried foods, etc.). It's amazing how one of the meals I used to eat before practically amounted to the entire daily calorie amount that I'm eating nowadays.

I have also cut alcohol, not only until I lose weight, but until I get in shape as well. I will still never give up on the alcohol after my goal. I mean... some Italian food and a nice Syrah, some sushi and Sake (these things keep my mouth watering and me motivated to be able to have them again).
  • Katie1951
    Katie1951 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dave! It's a great site, a lot of success stories here.
  • donnarooty
    donnarooty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Dave. Good Luck. let's log in everyday and keep each other on the straight and narrow. KUDOS to you." I have lost ...." are great words of encouragement.
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work and do not concern your self with time. Took time to put it on and it will take time to kick it off . . .

I have to lose 85 lbs myself. Anyone in that need to lose area feel free to add me as a friend
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Hi Dave. Congrats on your progress so far.
  • AsianSuperfly
    AsianSuperfly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I do not know why people say they are big boned. I usually go with the term, "I am not fat I just am short for my weight." Which is not a lie at all.