Is this a sign to change something else?

Options
I'm friggin hungry.

I'm hungry after breakfast. I'm hungry after swimming at the pool. I am hungry after lunch. I am hungry after my afternoon snack. I am hungry after dinner. I am hungry after I work out. I am hungry after my workout munchie.

I'm almost ALWAYS hungry. I am eating a variety of healthy foods and favorites...But no matter what for the past few days I have been soooooooooo hungry. I want more food!

So now it is 10:30 PM, I am over on my fats by 3, I went through my workout calories already, I also am over by 10 on my protein.

I want FOOD!

Anyone? Why am I so hungry all of a sudden? I am tired of going to bed hungry!

Replies

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I'm friggin hungry.

I'm hungry after breakfast. I'm hungry after swimming at the pool. I am hungry after lunch. I am hungry after my afternoon snack. I am hungry after dinner. I am hungry after I work out. I am hungry after my workout munchie.

I'm almost ALWAYS hungry. I am eating a variety of healthy foods and favorites...But no matter what for the past few days I have been soooooooooo hungry. I want more food!

So now it is 10:30 PM, I am over on my fats by 3, I went through my workout calories already, I also am over by 10 on my protein.

I want FOOD!

Anyone? Why am I so hungry all of a sudden? I am tired of going to bed hungry!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    eat an apple. That pulls me thru the night. You need to eat.
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options
    Maybe you are hungry cause you are hiding from all of that laundry that you have to do. Have you finished it yet?? Drink some water...and eat a small piece of fruit!
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    Sometimes when we're hungry like that, it's really our body telling us it's thirsty! So you really really realllllly want some food? Slam a 32 oz of water and wait a minute or so. If you're still hungry, then drink some MORE.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Just a thought... to help fill me up I eat salad with my meals and mixed salads with spritzer on it is so very low cal but filling, also how is your protein intake? I almost always have some sort of nut for a snack, almonds/walnuts/peanuts, etc.

Also the suggestion of water is not a bad idea - have heard our bodies get confused so... could be that?
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    How many calories a day are you eating now, Princess?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    PL what is your percent breakdown of carbs/fat/protein?

to find this, just go to your food tab and get the grams for carbs, fat, and protein
    then you multiply each by it's calorie multiplier (carbs are 4 calories, protein is 4 calories, and fat is 9 calories per gram)

so
    carbs 281 x 4 = 1124
    fat 69 x 9 = 621
    protein 188 x 4 = 752

total for me = 2497 (which is right cuz I'm at 100 cals a day deficit and my maintenance cals is about 2600 or so)
    which should come out to what the site wants you to eat for calories per day.

now you divide each one by the total (here is mine)

carbs 1124 /2497 = 45%
    fat 621/2497 = 25%
    protein 752/2497 = 30%

the reason why I ask is cuz maybe you have the wrong protein levels, if you're not eating enough protein, then you could be hungry. You've been on here a while, so I doubt it's cuz you're body is expecting more total calories, it should be used to how many you eat, so all I can think of is that you are eating a carb rich diet (with 55% carbs or more). Carbs are burned quickly (even complex carbs) so the body may be burning through it's fuel too fast. If you are below 20% on your protein, I would try adjusting it upward, and also, make sure you eat fiber rich foods, cuz fiber slows down the digestion process and forces your body to hold food in the stomach longer.
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    It looks like my groups got all messed up yesterday...Here are my totals:

..................................Calories.......Carbs.......Fat........Protein
    Total:...........................1,275...........139...........53...........70
    Your Daily Goal:........1,503...........206...........50...........56
    Remaining:................228..............67.............-3...........-14

I was looking at yesterday and I see I had Pringles and more bread than I normally do. It looks like I messed up there which left me searching for non-fat calories. I think I confuzzled myself thinking I had been "good enough" since I had a salad with lunch and one with dinner. I also had my fruit for the day...Grrrr...Mismanagement, that's for sure!

I need to get a grip!

Hokay, now to break things down. Thanks for the ideas on things to look at...let's see...
  • shorerider
    Options
    Consuming too many carbs will sometimes make you crave more food and carbs, too. I've noticed on days when I have a lot of carbs, I tend to want more. Now that I've been able to cut back on my diabetes meds, thus avoiding having to eat more carbs to avoid lows, I've noticed I don't crave breads and stuff so much anymore.
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    My totals for 29 July 2008 show:
    ..................................Calories.......Carbs.......Fat........Protein
    Total:...........................1,275...........139...........53...........70......(x 4 calories)
    Your Daily Goal:........1,503...........206...........50...........56......(x 4 calories)
    Remaining:.....….......228..............67.............-3...........-14.......(x 9 calories)

The breakdown % wise show:
    Carbs...........556...........42.34577%..................(should be 55%)
    Fat.................477...........36.32901%..................(should be 15%)
    Protein..........280...........21.325209%...............(should be 30%)
    Calories.......1313...........99.99998%

I appreciate this information, thank you! I am wondering why are my calories not matching up? I am guessing that the calorie multiplier is an “about,” correct?

I do see how by me going too "short" on calories. I now see that even though I "only" went over on fats by 3 and protein by 14, the low calories threw the % off for yesterday. Interesting way to break it down. I never have done this, I just figured it was working-ish. LOL Thanks friend for the help breaking this down. I wish everyone could look at how to do this and break it down so technically by themselves. YEY YOU FOR SHARING! :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Consuming too many carbs will sometimes make you crave more food and carbs, too. I've noticed on days when I have a lot of carbs, I tend to want more. Now that I've been able to cut back on my diabetes meds, thus avoiding having to eat more carbs to avoid lows, I've noticed I don't crave breads and stuff so much anymore.

I had made a home made burger and 14 Pringles yesterday during lunch. This was the high fat and calories...And even though I didn't go over by much the calories were too low throwing my % off. I loved the walk through breakdown. That helped me see and think...OH...I went under on calories, but over with fat and carbs throwing my % off yesterday. That was an eye opener! YEY! Thanks friend for your assistance too!
  • shorerider
    Options
    Too few total calories, too, I think. I do 1300 now and have a lot more to lose than you do--might want to up your calories some.
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Now that I see the math so clearly...I think you and Banks are right.

He said I needed to look at that a few weeks ago. I think going from eating 600 calories a day to starve myself thin (which obviously didn't work) to 1200 was such a scary transition. I now see that upping them will help me even more. I usually eat my exercise calories but yesterday just got all flustered over the stupid math. Grrr!

I need to remind myself all that I normally say to others...

Food does NOT = fat
    Food is my friend.
    Overeating, unhealthy foods and lazy = overweight

I can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • shorerider
    Options

Of course you can do it!

And we'll be here to make sure you do!!!! o050.gif

[just joking :tongue:]
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options

Of course you can do it!

And we'll be here to make sure you do!!!! o050.gif

[just joking :tongue:]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks friend!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have been hungrier this week too. I usually feel pretty good so am kind of wondering why I feel like this. It may have to do with the fact that I have upped my game at the gym this past week and am burning 1000 calories rather than 750 now. Perhaps my body needs to adjust. Have you been more active lately?
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Hey! I have been hungrier this week too. I usually feel pretty good so am kind of wondering why I feel like this. It may have to do with the fact that I have upped my game at the gym this past week and am burning 1000 calories rather than 750 now. Perhaps my body needs to adjust. Have you been more active lately?

The only change I have seen is that I feel more munchie lately and the heat and humidity have increased over the last two weeks. UGGG!!! Right now running 2 miles feels like my old 4! YIKES! I am loosing weight, but my butt feels like I'm dragging it around and while running. Yikes!

Did you do the breakdown thingie Banks posted? I put it as a saver in my blog to do every once in a while.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    yeah lady, looks like your fats are pretty high there. if I was to recommend something, it would bee trying carbs at around 45%, fats at around 20 to 25% and protein at 30 to 35% if you are exercising.

Also, if you are doing any weight training, try to focus on carbs before (about 1 hour or so) and protein after (about 1/2 an hour to 1.5 hours after).
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    I am not doing "weight training" at the gym...But many of my workouts I feel are "similar." Things like water aerobics (which I just picked up to add to fun on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, yey me).

Would you agree that these can be considered strength training:

- water aerobics
    - jogging in the pool doing laps
    - canoeing
    - slow paced biking with my gears in 3 & 7
    - beach walking

Everything I do I have to have my kiddos with me, so I have to make due with the working out and playing with my kiddos at the same time.

Hokay, I'm confuzzled on the changes you are suggesting. I have always felt that the fats here for me are "too high." I compared them to the old Weight Watchers I have done in the past, and this seemed very high for what I am use to doing.

I love the break down you shared with me. I realized that had I have eaten the rest of my earned calories my %'s would have been much better. Maybe next time I will charge through and eat a pickle or something.