Recommed any fat burners?

Options
Looking to possibly purchase some supplements. Anyone recommend any fat burners??

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Um...no proven magic bullets that I know about.

Just (ho-hum).....diet & exercise.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Nope.

Unfortunately, there is no magic pill to weight loss. A sensible diet and reasonable exercise.

Most of the weight loss products are placebos at best, and some of them are outright dangerous. Save yourself the money.
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Running, weighlifting, cycling. Really "fat burners" do not work, you have to burn the fat yourself! Just eat at a calorie deficit and don't waste your money!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    barbell-squat.jpg
  • JoPa9477
    Options
    All good advice. Was just wondering if there was anything that worked in conjunction with diet and exercise!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    All good advice. Was just wondering if there was anything that worked in conjunction with diet and exercise!

Sorry but there really is not. Caffeine may help energize you to get a better workout but thats about it.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options

Sorry but there really is not. Caffeine may help energize you to get a better workout but thats about it.

And sleep. Get lots of good sleep.
  • levy000
    Options
    Gaspari Nutrition Detonate is amazing, they are bringing out the new version at the end of this month - Detonate XT. Best fat burner on the market. However you MUST exercise and diet correctly, and cycle on and off in 4 week periods. It works wonders for cutting :-)
  • poma91
    poma91 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    As a fat burner supplement I am using Hyper Shred from BSN. It is said to have thermogenic effect. Its main ingredient is caffeine, but it also has bitter orange and some other stuff. I've been using it for 3 weeks now and it does have effect on my body and workouts as well - my concentration has increased and I feel more alert, improved performance, as I can push more than before, the thermogenic effect is crazy since half an hour after I've taken the pill I start sweating like a pig, without doing anything. Based on my el. scale reading I've lost 1% of BF during those 3 weeks. BUT don't expect that you'll be melting away without doing hard work. This supplement is supposed to be combined with good nutrition and a workout regime.
    For me however, this supplement has really nasty side effects. For the first five days or something I got awful stomach aches (I have really sensitive stomach and caffeine doesn't go well with it), I was jittery and since you are supposed to take the pill half an hour before eating, for this half an hour I was feeling dizzy and I always had the feeling that I am on the verge of throwing up.
    I don't think that those side effect are the case for everyone but just consider it, before investing your money.
    If you need more info just check google, there is plenty of stuff there
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Best fat burners I have purchased:

Zumba DVDs
    Turbo Fire DVDs
    dumbbells
    jump rope
    resistance bands
    running shoes
    hiking boots
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    . However you MUST exercise and diet correctly, and cycle on and off in 4 week periods.

So in order for it to work you must eat at a calorie deficit....hmmm
  • mammamia811
    mammamia811 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    fat burners scare me...I take B12 in the am...green tea extract w first meal...and a good multi vitamin
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    fat burners??

1) reasonable deficit
    2) hiit workouts
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    If there was a pill that burned fat for you, everyone would be skinny. Just saying.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    . However you MUST exercise and diet correctly, and cycle on and off in 4 week periods.

So in order for it to work you must eat at a calorie deficit....hmmm

Yep - you diet & exercise to the so called fat burner can take all the credit.
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    No, don't waste your money. Have a cup of coffee beforehand and you're set..... many pills contain caffeine too, but way more than you need. Don't put your heart/health at risk and give-in to gimmicks and "magic pills".

Have a cuppa Joe, train, and eat at a deficit and you'll see results. Good luck!
  • fgodfrey56
    fgodfrey56 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Watch what you eat and move around more.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Some strong first posts in this thread....is it because its January?