Trying to get back on the bandwagon!

Options
Hello everyone, my names Sarah and i'm a 5ft 6 twenty year old female from Kent, England.

In January 2013 i started dieting (or lifestyle changing, whatever you want to call it)
Fortunately, my new years resolution to lose weight wasn't a failed one - I lost 50lbs and went from 14st 3lbs (199lbs) to 10st 9lbs ( 149lbs).

This was between Jan - July and since then i've been maintaining (although I gained 2lbs over christmas)
Before christmas I had tried a couple of times to get losing weight again but I wasn't REALLY very motivated...

However for the past 5 days i've been doing pretty well, eating right again and upping my game at the gym (instead of just going to the gym and then eating maltesers when i returned home as I have been doing for the past few months!)

Anyway, the point is... although it's only day 5 you know when it just FEELS different? I've got my motivation back and i'm ready to lose my final 15-20lbs

The ultimate goal is to be between 9st (126lbs) and 9st 7lbs (133lbs) but for now i'm aiming for 10st (140lbs)

Anyway I was just wondering if there was any one out there like me, getting back on the bandwagon after a period of maintenance.

If so i'd love some new friends or tips or to hear other peoples stories just to keep mine (and yours) motivation go.

Friend Requests welcome, thank you :)

Replies

• mammamia811
    mammamia811 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    great job!!! ADD ME :) I too took a few weeks off in dec now back at it strong..trying to lose the last of my mommy belly and tone all over.. I am determined!! I am thinking about 8 pounds is my goal now!!
  • sarah5893
    sarah5893 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    anyone else ? :)
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    The smaller you are the slower the weight is going to come off, also If you are already within healthy weight range then you body is not going to give up the remaining bodyfat without a fight. If the last few pound are mainly vanity pounds to lose a bit of soft stuff on your body you might want to take a look are lifting heavy. This will still lower your bodyfat ie the soft bits and increase your lbm which without moving the scales much will give you a slimmer figure.
  • catnorbury
    catnorbury Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can add me no problem. Its amazing that you have lost all that weight well done, i too am a second time rounder, lost 90+lbs years and years ago, kept it off but gained when had a baby so now need 28lbs gone! I get what you mean about it being the right time, hopefully we can motivate each other to step away from the bad stuff! X
  • sarah5893
    sarah5893 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    anyone else? :)
  • itsjosiebitch
    itsjosiebitch Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yeah, its crazy. I'm 21 and 5 ft 5 1/2. I started at that weight too and am now the weight you currently are as well. I actually got down to 135 last year and kinda stopped and have gained 15 pounds. But I'm ready to lose those 15 that I gained plus 10-15. I want to be 120-125 so 25 to go. I'm at least happy that I am not overweight again and I am excited to getting back to where I was before plus a few pounds less.