Zumba Incredible Results Reviews???

Options
Question...Outside of your typical Zumba class, has anyone purchased or knows anyone that has purchased any of the Zumba dvd's you see on these informercials? If so, have you or them seen results? I am thinking of purchasing the Zumba Incredible Results and possibly ditching gym membership for a few months.

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Incredible results will come from a calorie deficit. Zumba is a fine thing to do, but it's a sideshow.
  • drkdani
    Options
    Calorie deficit--I am sorry I do not agree with this. Simply because starving your body is not the way to go. Feeding your body the right foods at the right time is the way to go. I mean half the people meet their goal calorie within half the day and are expected to stare the rest of the day. You get the results because you starve and do more harm with your self. If you eat right and exercise you WILL get the right results and with the right support and accountability there is no way to fail.
  • KathyChampi
    KathyChampi Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yes I have Zumba DVD's and also Zumba core and Zumba World Party for Wii. Love it. The classes for the Will I really like because you do a full class, short class, or you can customize your own class by picking what songs and length of time. I have always love to dance and pretty good at it I might add:smile: It's great calorie burn and the workouts for wii will tell you how many perceived calories burned based on the song and the length of song. It has a weekly tracker as well indicating progress. I also love my live classes as well. Zumba is a great workout. It will definitely make you sweat. Zumba is a great for burning fat while eating healthy and trying to lose weight. I hope this was helpful.
  • nabak147112
    nabak147112 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i myself have not done any zumba (altho i am planning to start) but i do know someone who has and they have saw results
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I too have the Zumba for Wii and I like it a lot. Its just hard for me to do since I had my baby a year ago. He likes to get in between my feet too much!!!
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit--I am sorry I do not agree with this. Simply because starving your body is not the way to go. Feeding your body the right foods at the right time is the way to go. I mean half the people meet their goal calorie within half the day and are expected to stare the rest of the day. You get the results because you starve and do more harm with your self. If you eat right and exercise you WILL get the right results and with the right support and accountability there is no way to fail.
    Calorie deficit =/= starvation.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba. I do the classes, I have WII and Xbox Zumbas as well as the CD set. Of course you will see results :) The difference is .. Zumba is fun and the gym is well boring. Not that I do not go to the Gym but walking on the treadmill is just plain boring! I think you would like Zumba. i will say i like my games on Wii and Xbox better than the box set.
  • Headingforhealthier
    Options
    I have the box set. I found them really awesome (as you can go back if you don't quite get something), and I found the instructors on the set really great. They show you step by step (for n00b dancers like me), which is more than you get in a real class!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

WHA???

"Feeding your body the right foods at the right time is the way to go."

Wha? No. Just, no. This is broscience at it's finest/worst.

As has been mentioned: Caloric deficit != starvation. SMDH

eta: Ah yes, a "coach." That tends to explain things a bit. /edit

My wife has the original Zumba DVDs. She didn't like them. Sorry, but that's about all I can tell you. I'd imagine, though, if you like Zumba class, and are willing to actually do the work at home, then - along with a Caloric deficit, but eating your exercise Calories back (my guess is that this is the part that the poster I quoted doesn't understand) - you'll do fine.
  • missxjuicy
    missxjuicy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    who needs dvds if you have Rhythm? lol seriously just put some music on and make up your own dance routine for an hour. that's what I did. I did get to take up some classes at the gym as well but, did that at home also and it works because, youre sweating like a pig. And remember diet comes first.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I don't think you understand what a calorie deficit is.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    If you're not sure whether or not to get the dvds there are plenty of instructors who have posted their classes on YouTube. Just do a search on MFP or YT and you'll find lots to choose from.
  • frecklez69
    frecklez69 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your input. I am looking for a new type of workout. I am not going to starve myself (I love food too much). I will continue to watch my calories as I've always done with my daily workouts. Just getting bored with my daily routine and want to switch it up a bit. :happy:
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your input. I am looking for a new type of workout. I am not going to starve myself (I love food too much). I will continue to watch my calories as I've always done with my daily workouts. Just getting bored with my daily routine and want to switch it up a bit. :happy:

I think you're misunderstanding. If you're watching your calories in an attempt to consume less of them, that means you're trying to go for a calorie deficit. You NEED a calorie deficit to lose weight.

I have the zumba exhilarate boxed set. It's fun but I much prefer the live class. Especially when I get called up to the stage!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have both the Exhilirate set and the previous set of Zumba DVDs. They are great fun and how I lost 27 lbs in 4 months a couple of years ago.

I wasn't overeating by much so I made no diet changes and just did Zumba to create a deficit. It is SO MUCH FUN and it burns a lot of calories if you really get into it. But I don't know that I'd say the results were "incredible".

It's a good workout.
  • Levinia2013
    Levinia2013 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    zumba is great along with diet.
  • Icebunny33
    Options
    Ok so I literally have EVERY SINGLE Zumba DVD Set and Game for Wii with the exception of Zumba Core and Zumba Gold. When it comes to the DVDS there are 4 systems you can buy: Zumba Total Body Transformation, Zumba Exhilarate, Zumba GOLD, and Zumba Incredible Results.

Zumba Total Body Transformation is shot like older style aerobics classes, with the lead instructors being Beto, Gina, Tanya, and Oska. The instruction video utilizes a 3 “Easy Beat” system which teaches you the BASIC Zumba moves in just the steps. I really liked this because even if you have ZERO rhythm you can execute the moves or at least be pretty close to them till you get used to it. The instructors speak to you from the stage and are pretty encouraging throughout the workout. The pace wasn’t too bad either and they keep a nice balance of fast workouts and more calm ones. It also features a 10 day slim down workout that guarantees you will drop 10 pounds or a dress size in just 10 days. I loved this DVD system…. It could get a little cheesy at times (Sometimes the instructor would say “Freestyle” for a second and I didn’t know what the hell to do).

Zumba Exhilerate was a 7 DVD System that got cut down to FIVE (There is no difference between the 5 and 7 disks systems, they include the same workouts just fewer disks like how they will pack a movie collection with 5 movies on one disk) and it introduces a new chair routine workout for targeting abs as well as special guest instructors from around the world with routines from their respective countries. This DVD featured Beto, Gina, and Tanya and introduced NEW instructors. It also introduced a feature where you could “Hear it” and do the workouts with instruction and verbal cues or just “Feel it” and try to move with the music. The instruction DVD again utilized the 3 Step Easy Beat method of teaching you the basics but it allowed you to view the move from the front or back which could help you keep up with your form. HONESTLY, I hated this DVD system because I felt it was entirely TOO fast paced and as someone mentioned before “very technoey”, almost like a rave you accidently stumbled on and not a legit workout (One of the instructors wore skinny jeans for crying out loud). Some of the DVDS were taught using a voice over of the instructor rather than them actually speaking to you like they did in the old system and that kind of agitated me because not only did it feel impersonal…. But its hard to believe that the instructor is “feeling the burn” when shes talking as if shes ordering a lemon water. It also had too many camera pans and light tricks for my taste making the workout almost choppy and sometimes putting you offbeat with the class. I honestly only use 3 out of the 7 dvds: the Intro DVD, the first workout with Gina and Tanya, and the World dvd cause those are the only ones I like.

Zumba Gold is catered more towards an older crowd (aka seniors who want to get fit), people who have joint or muscle problems, or those who are extremely overweight (like 300+). Its supposed to be Zumba but at a slower pace so that you can still start getting fit. I honestly haven’t tried it so I don’t know ANYTHING about the format.

Zumba Incredible Results is the NEWEST Zumba Fitness System to come out. It features Beto and Gina (No Tanya as she ended her contract with Zumba LLC in September of 2012) and some friendly faces you may have seen on the games or in prior systems like (Zumba Gold or Exhilarate). It introduces the use of a step climber circle (much like the aerobics classes of the 80’s and 90s) and boasts newer workouts that torch more calories in shorter amount of time (The 10 day slim down is now the 7 day slim down), with workouts designed to show a “little more love to the booty” in that it helps you shape up better instead of just slimming down. I honestly haven’t tried it out yet, I JUST got it yesterday so I’ll give it a try and come back and comment.

The Zumba games are all fun and are similar to the JUST DANCE game series in that you move with the instructor like a reflection. Each game comes with a Zumba belt to hold your controller (at least the Wii versions do) and you wear it over your right hip. When you are doing well you earn points the fill up stars and eventually hit what is called the “Endorphin High” where the screen gets all pink and fuzzy and sometimes actually slows a little (much like in Guitar Hero when the buttons you need to hit turn blue). I personally LOVE the World Party game the best because you unlock videos, souvenirs, and songs as you move through the game. The one thing I don’t like about World Party is that it doesn’t show you your daily progress except ONCE at the end of the workout and if you miss it or accidently pass it by oh well… its all stored into your weekly progress bank.

All in all I DID see results when I used the systems as long as I did them consistently and they are fun. I went from 254 in February to 230 by March but i did it for an hour a day every day (Sundy rest day) in addition to tracking calories and keeping them under 1500 a day. Sure they can be cheesy sometimes but so can lots of other workout systems (Like “The Firm”, Flirty Pole Fitness, Hip Hop abs, etc). You can burn just as many calories and you are having fun doing it…. So I say give it a shot! You can find the old systems on Amazon and Ebay for around 50 bucks. Skip Exhilarate (Unless you are at an intermediate level in your classes or have a dance background) and go for Total Body Transformation or any of the others to start out.

Hope this helped!
  • Phiallis
    Phiallis Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The best exercise is the one you're going to stick to.
    If you're having lots of fun doing zumba, then that's the best exercise for you.

Will it help you lose weight? yes. If you optimize your diet (note that I am not saying "if you diet", the two aren't the same)
  • TiffTiff35
    Options
    Hi, I joined my fitness pal just to reply. I love Zumba! If you are someone who hates repetition and gets bored easily then Zumba is for you. I already owned the Zumba Exhilaration set and it helped me lose 30 lbs! I've kept it off with just diet. But I decided to kick it up a notch, and purchased the Incredible Results set. When I ordered it, I also added the targeted zone dvds for 27 bucks including shipping and handling. I am so glad I purchased this set!

This workout is at a whole other level! I am sore in places I never knew I could be. I've done the cardio dance party dvd, and the one with the zumba step as well as the 20 minute express workout and the abs targeted zone dvd. They are so much fun! I'm latina, so I love that a lot of the songs are really well known, especially the merengue songs. Then, the instructors are actually fun and motivating even with their non verbal ques.

The eating plan is actually quite good. I got inspiration for a bunch of new recipes. But I am under the care of a nutritionist, so I don't follow the meal program to a tee. I just use it for inspiration. I also make daily nutriblasts with the nutribullet, adding in vanilla whey protein powder to recuperate my muscles. Trust me, you're going to be toning all over!

You also get a schedule of workouts, which if you need discipline in your routine, it's good for you. I'm not a fan of schedules, I just do what works for my schedule and what I'm in the mood for. As long as I am moving and shaking to Latin beats, I'm happy!

Overall, I've lost an inch off of my waist, half an inch on my chest, an inch on my hips and half an inch on my thighs, and 4 lbs, in 10 days! Plus, I'm getting compliments from people on my skin glowing, and I'm just walking taller and overall more confident. I am loving these dvds, and really recommend them, because they do have variety. So as long as you switch up the dvds, you won't be bored. If you stick to the workouts and eat healthy, you will do great!
  • rc322
    rc322 Posts: 22
    Options
    I am a Zumba instructor and find that if you stick to it..it is a great way to lose weight.
    I've lost 30 lbs since starting, I'm addicted! It is GREAT WORK OUT it tones and has cardio..