Help for a newcomer????

Options
Hello everyone! Was hoping if I could get some tips for weigh loss success since I only started a week ago and haven't seen any results =(. How do you normally count the calories when it's a more elaborate plate???????? Thanx!!! =-D

Replies

• mammamia811
    mammamia811 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I weigh every single item and when doing my own recipe..use the CREATE RECIPE to figure the exact calories etc....my tips..LOTS OF WATER..wake up and drink one glass asap...eat breakfast w-in hour (even if not hungry) I will have toast...or eggs...or oatmeal..or fruit...biggest meal in the day but I try to never go over 350 calories at a sitting....lots of healthy snacks to fuel the body all day long...(drinking at least half body weight in water)...if I want candy bar etc (like weekly) I EAT IT but always count it..dont cheat yourself...enjoy it and move on ;) eat calories remaining to zero ( or leave a few hundred if you arent hungry)..HTH
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Patience. A lot of it.

Watch your sodium levels. Drink a lot of water; I own a 75-ounce water bottle. Weigh yourself in the morning before you eat/drink, after you go to the bathroom. It's not recommended to weigh yourself everyday; I weigh myself two or three times per week to keep myself accountable but not obsessive. Weight fluctuates--if the scale goes up, it might not be fat. Be consistent. Eat at a deficit--don't eat too much, don't eat too little. Measure, weigh, and log every single bite and sip--no exceptions, and be accurate. Victories off the scale are just as important as victories on it. Sometimes you won't lose any weight. It's not a diet, diets don't last because they don't change your mindset, it's a lifestyle change/improvement. Set realistic, detailed goals. Be persistent. Don't give up. Spend time in the success and maintenance forums to keep motivated and encouraged.

ETA: Don't eliminate foods. Don't get into the "bad foods" and "good foods" mindset, unless it's a goal to give something up (like soda, becoming a vegetarian, etc) for the rest of your life. Your goal is to do what you're willing to do forever and ever. If you can't keep something up for the rest of your life, don't do it. It's not worth the anxiety. Either reduce your typical portions or find an acceptable replacement (I have cravings for chocolate, so I found a protein bar that is so delicious that it gives me what I want but it's 4x less calories).