Exercise videos that are fun AND work?

Options
I wanna have fun while exercising, but I want to have fun while doing it. Zumba is supposedly fun, but I'm a horrible dancer and it's not quite intense enough. Any suggestions?

Replies

• star5785
    star5785 Posts: 140
    Options
    Rockin body by Shaun T is pretty fun, and I would consider T25 fun as well. I'm NOT a Beachbody coach.. just a fan of Shaun T.
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE fan of TurboFire and Les Mills Combat. Lots of fun AND effective - TurboFire helped me to break through a plateau and get to the 100 lbs lost mark. In the end, though, it depends on what equals "fun" for you.

Feel free to friend me if you want more info! :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You say Zumba is "supposedly' fun, does that mean you've not tried it? I loved the Zumba DVDs and I thought Turbo Fire was a great progression from Zumba to a more intense workout. Turbo Fire has "dancy" type cardio combined with what they call "Fire Drills" which are plyometric HIIT minutes. And some of the workouts are all HIIT plyometrics.

I found it fun and challenging. REALLY challenging as I'd never done plyometrics before and they are no joke! It's pretty intense.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    As far as that combo, I have to cast my vote for Focus T25 and Les Mills Combat.
  • scorpio007007
    scorpio007007 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Here are my top 3:
    Leslie Sansone Walking videos are great because you can do them over and over again and do not get bored. Search for free excerpts at Hulu. Recommended by American Heart Assoc. She got me back on my feet--literally--because I was afraid to try anything too challenging initially. However I keep going back to her videos and buy them when I can.

Fit For Duty is at the pentagonchannel.com and all videos are free and can be downloaded, too. You have dozens of different choices--from low impact aerobics to strength training. I am particularly fond of LTJG Doris Richardson's fun routines--anything from kickboxing to aerobics. But there are a lot of other videos up there to challenge you. I tried one of these free at Hulu then found the source and keep going back. I skip the weight training, but guys might like those.

Richard Simmons --don't laugh--actually has a great all-around routine in his videos and they are fun especially if you like music.

The thing is that with even just 15 minutes per day you can get back in shape--or move it up to 30 minutes when you are ready.

Check out free samples at Hulu until you find what you like.(needless to say my TV is hooked up w/ internet so I have loads of choices)

I do not represent any of these businesses. Just my 2 cents.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    It's just about finding something you click with. There are plenty of tough workouts out there ......Cathe Freidrich has many advanced DVDs....but if you don't click with the insructor....you won't do the video (I like her.....but she's mostly too advanced for me).

collagevideo.com has video clips & reviews for hundreds of workout DVDs. They tell you impact level, choreography level, equipment needed, etc.

Netflix by mail has tons of workout DVDs. I used to have a subscription for the sole purpose of exercise DVDs.....I could test drive lots of them before buying.

What's fun for you......and fun for me can be totally different things. I love Leslie Sansone DVDs ...BUT they are not advanced (in any setting) ......I do them on a mini-trampoline which helps bump them up.

Step aerobics is an excellent calorie burner....there are workouts that are dancey, kickboxing style, bootcamp style....it's such a personal thing......you might have to try many things.