Today's the day I go 'Under The Knife'!

Options
Today's the day I go 'Under The Knife'!

That's Knife, not 'Hammer' - this isn't eBay you know! :laugh:

So it's 06:15 here... I've not eaten since about 7pm yesterday (had to fast from midnight) and had a glass of 'plain water' as advised 15 mins. ago.

So... it'll be a shower, nip the doggies out for 'a quick wee' then off to the hospital for 07:30.

Everything sorted, packed, forms filled in... and I'm taking a 'Zombie' book to read (I'm not trying to be 'inappropriate or suggestive lol, just that I'm reading it at the moment).

Apparently, I'm first on the list, so hopefully will be done and dusted a.s.a.p - I'm aware that things may change in that, but fingers crossed I DO go first - hopefully I should be back home later and conscious and alert enough to make fun of Deal Or No Deal and Coronation Street.... these small pleasures keep me happy! :D

Right - off to get ready.

And just in case... here's my insurance - my last wit and testmatch!

:laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ3f6POFlmY

Or you can just enter "wiitabax" in the youtube search bar to view... it's actually the third of my v-logs charting my weight loss! :laugh:

Replies

• ginnyroxx
    Options
    hurry back! :)
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your surgery!!

Oh my goodness my Mother In Law is addicted to Coronation Street and I live with her and I just can't stand it. I totally make fun of it too. I just don't get it!!! Hahahaha. I'll be thinking of you!
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    Best wishes for your surgery and a speedy recovery! :flowerforyou:
  • Wiitabax
    Wiitabax Posts: 284
    Options
    Thanks muchly! :smile:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who makes fun of Coronation Street too - here in England though, I think you can still be imprisoned in the Tower Of London for doing so... it's NOT the done thing!!! :smile:

Right - off to get ready for this hernia repair - can't wait, because once out the way, and after a recovery period - I'll be able to EXERCISE again!!!

:smile:
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    I hope the op goes well and you are soon back fighting fit.

By the way I am not a fan of corrie!
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Thanks muchly! :smile:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who makes fun of Coronation Street too - here in England though, I think you can still be imprisoned in the Tower Of London for doing so... it's NOT the done thing!!! :smile:

Right - off to get ready for this hernia repair - can't wait, because once out the way, and after a recovery period - I'll be able to EXERCISE again!!!

Haha yeah I'm in New Zealand so I guess it's different. :P
  • naughtydoguk
    Options
    All the best pal. You'll be fine.
  • marymooster
    marymooster Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    best wishes for speedy recovery.... Here in Ireland My husbands family adores corrie as most people do..... however not a fan myself
  • Sheepdoglady
    Options
    Good luck or "break a . . ." no better not go there! Anyway, speedy recovery and get as many painkillers out of 'em as possible! It'll help with the Corrie problem! Hey, we could have a "Not a Fan of Corrie Club"!!!
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    Good luck! KUP on your recovery. T&P your way
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a little late replying and you're already gone, but I couldn't get myself out of bed this morning. Good luck!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Good Luck and I wish a speedy recovery.
  • Bungee_tyme
    Options
    Hope the surgery went well... now for the recovery. Best of luck...don't push it though...you don't want to have to endure this again.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Here's hoping the procedure goes well and that you have a quick recovery!

Shannon
  • Wiitabax
    Options
    "This is a recorded message... if you're reading this then I didn't make it... I am now a ghost! WHOOOOOOOOOO!"

Nah... went okay yesterday... I came round a.s.a.p. and, apart from feeling pretty nauseous a few hours later (what a con - JUST as I was about to eat too lol) I was okay.

Came home, went to bed.

Now, I've been ordered to rest... no vacuum cleaning/lifting/driving for 2 weeks, then a further 4 weeks of NO LIFTING!!!

But I can still take my dogs out!!! So that's okay!

Thanks for all your supporting comments too - appreciated! :)

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Glad it went well. So with all the can't do's, what is the lineup of movies?
  • Wiitabax
    Options
    Glad it went well. So with all the can't do's, what is the lineup of movies?

Hmm... not sure as yet, reckon I'll watch "Tron" again though to start with!

• MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    Glad to hear everything went well. :smile:

Now rest up and make sure you recover/heal properly before getting back into the exercise!
  • Wiitabax
    Options
    Will do! :smile:

ANY excuse to do nothing lol!