Half Marathon Training Apps

Options
Does anyone have any half marathon training apps for the iPhone that they swear by? I want to train for a half this summer. I have used the Zen Labs C25K app and loved it. I'm currently using Zen Labs' 10K Trainer, but I know that a 10K is just a little less than 1/2 of a half marathon. I don't mind spending $ on the app, but I want to get one that people think is beneficial. Thanks!

Replies

• bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I am using map my run trainer-- it was free and they made a plan for you but if you wanted to see the whole plan it was only $1.99-- i really like it
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    When I was training for my first 1/2 I looked online for training plans (I used Hal Higdon's) and just programmed the WO That day into my RunKeeper app.

RunKeeper also has training programs to build you up to a 1/2 marathon (or any other goal) and most of the training plans are free. My only gripe about these training plans is you cannot reset the WO day to accommodate your schedule. You have to use their days and just run or don't run and scroll back to the WO to complete it.
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Nike+ recently added a "Coach" feature to help prepare for various race distances. I used one of their training plans last year to prepare for a marathon and had good success but that was a different interface (Nike dumped the plan into a Google calendar that I imported). Good luck.
  • katnipjuice
    Options
    I use the logyourrun app. i used it for my first 3k, 5k, 10k, and now am currently training for my first half. (jogging 10miles sunday!).

there are several programs. for instance im doing a beginners half taking about 20 weeks. there is one that is from couch to full marathon. you can sync up your music, it tracks your miles, pace, steps, etc. I love it and highly recommend it :)