DDP Yoga

Options
2»

Replies

• crisachristy
    crisachristy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am actually looking into DDP yoga myself. I am a longtime runner and now suffering from sacroiliac joint dysfunction. I am hoping to gain some flexibility and strength in my body without having to give up my running.

So my question, has anyone with an injury tried this and found that it helped alleviate your problems? Any weight loss or body toning would obviously be bonus!

Feel free to add me, message me privately, etc.
  • Ctrum69
    Ctrum69 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have a bad lower back, bad knees, and blown out left shoulder.

It has helped dramatically, with all of the above.

It's 1 part yoga, 1 part PT, 1 part dynamic resistance cardio.

My back and neck crack and pop like crazy when doing a lot of the moves (more so than doing it without what DDP calls "Dynamic Resistance" which is doing the poses with your muscles tensed and engaged against each other), and it has reduced my trips to the chiro dramatically.

Head over to teamddpyoga.com (free to sign up, zero obligation) and talk to some of the folks in the forum there. There are tons of people who have seen dramatic improvement and recovery from injuries. I'm one of em, and we are not compensated or anything, by the program, to say good stuff about it.

The "success stories" on the page are real people, most of whom I have talked to at one point or another in chat, or in messages through the forum there, who simply watched what they ate, and did the exercises. A lot of "chronic injury" we suffer from daily is simply from being out of shape and out of alignment. DDPY solves both, gradually and methodically.
  • QueenofHalloween13
    Options
    My husband is also a HUGE wrestling fan (I know enough to get into the conversations and actually have a few favorites) but I was the one who found out about DDP Yoga. I had recognized DD but it didn't ring any bells until I saw his intro to the website and saw him in action!

What sold my husband were several things: 1.) DDP is one of his top 5 fave wrestlers. 2.) DDP used his program to help a struggling wrestler out of being overweight and an alcoholic (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1795761-jake-roberts-and-scott-hall-find-redemption-with-ddp-yoga). 3.) It's low impact on his joints (he's about 100lbs overweight, has joint and heart/breathing issues. He wants to do hardcore workouts like Insanity or even pumping iron like Arnold but BABY STEPS, HONEY, lol). 4.) There are a LOT of celebrities that he admires that actually use the product. I don't know if you know this about wrestlers in general but since they're in the limelight more often than regular movie/sitcom actors, they have a lot more in stake when it comes to their reputation. They wouldn't endorse something they don't actively use just to boost sales or a fellow wrestler's ego. :)

We fell off due to personal issues but we're getting back into the game! Even though I hop up the intensity because I know I can handle it better than my husband, it STILL feels really good afterwards (sometimes I do two in a row, lol). I hope this helps and we'll see you in the winner's circle! BANG! >_<
  • 1bigdarren
    1bigdarren Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    DDP yoga is Awesome . If you eat right and do every day you will def lose weight and see results. Also if you have bad knees or back this will work wonders for you. I only wish there were alot more workouts availible free lol. Now I just need to find out how to log workout on the app