Men Repelling Fashion?

Options

Replies

• chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Men - dont ever tell your wife that she looks beautiful, she didnt put that on for you so dont insult her by insinuating that she did. she doesnt care if you think she looks nice and you want to take her out and show her off. Mind your own business and ignore what she puts on her body. It's no one's concern but her own and she really does not care what you think.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I dated a fella once that had a thing for women in sweat pants. Yeah, he was weird.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    All I care is how she looks naked....just saying

Everybody looks the same with the lights off.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I guess it's a good thing I prefer the clothes that men like.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Women are stunning when they strap on the passenger seat of a red Corvette. This is why older men buy red Corvettes, they like to buy clothes for their women to make them happy.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Runner5AbelTownship Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Plaid?

Plaid?

Was this asked at a closeted lumberjack convention?
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    A short haircut repels men who desire feminine women.

There are plenty of feminine women with short hair
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

Wow, my hair is short, I'm still sexy and feminine. :ohwell:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Cause not caring what men think of you (if youre straight) IS giving up.

Uh, no. You can desire to look pretty, well groomed, healthy, stylish and put together without giving any thought to what a man thinks. My husband's taste in fashion run between 1983 and hoochie. I definitely don't dress for him.

so you've never smiled when he complimented how you look? you just ignored him and threw it out the window cause you dgaf what he thinks of your clothes right. you never made a mental note that he really likes such and such dress or top for future reference?

well, it takes all kinds.

I never said he doesn't like the way I dress, or never compliments me, or that don't like it when it does. I said it's not the motivation that drives what fashion choices I make. Yes, I notice when he likes a dress or whatever and will wear it on dates. But he doesn't like my hair short, still cut it, he doesn't like skinny jeans, I still wear them, he likes me blonde, I only dyed it once for like 3 months, etc. I care even less what other men think of my fashion.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I dated a fella once that had a thing for women in sweat pants. Yeah, he was weird.

My husband likes them because he can feel my butt better than in jeans.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

I'm quoting a female friend here..

I asked her why some women get their hair cut really short. She responded by saying "it's a sign that they have just given up. they don't want to make the effort anymore".

Because they like short hair, because it's better for the work or recreation that they do, because they had cancer or hair loss for other reasons, because they dyed their hair and want to get back to their natural color, because they are donating their hair to locks of love, For a role they are playing in theatre, because they always had very long hair and want to try something new, and many other reasons.

I have short hair from time to time when I donate to Locks of Love. I'd rather be a good person in that way and give up my hair (not that I'm particularly fond of it anyway) instead of trying to attract some dude. Of course, I don't dig monogamy in my life and would rather make a difference than make a date.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Men - dont ever tell your wife that she looks beautiful, she didnt put that on for you so dont insult her by insinuating that she did. she doesnt care if you think she looks nice and you want to take her out and show her off. Mind your own business and ignore what she puts on her body. It's no one's concern but her own and she really does not care what you think.

Speak for yourself. My wife may not aways dress for me but she does want to know that I thinks she looks great in something. Don't make a blanket statement for the rest of women cause you think this way. She aways asked and loves when I compliment her. And, she is in shape and has plenty of confidence.
  • nataschalouise
    Options
    My boyfriend hates ugg boots and high heels.

My boyf's Ugg boot quote "who wants to wear sponges on your feet!!??" (we are from Edinburgh, Scotland, so it rains a lot).

I hate ugg's too, so we are a match made in heaven.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Speak for yourself. My wife may not aways dress for me but she does want to know that I thinks she looks great in something. Don't make a blanket statement for the rest of women cause you think this way. She aways asked and loves when I compliment her. And, she is in shape and has plenty of confidence.

She was being sarcastic.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    My husband likes me naked. Last night he said that they should make a special exception to the law that allows me to walk around naked all the time. But, he likes what I wear. And sometimes makes requests for things such as a shiny black catsuit.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

No it doesn't.

I was chased like a rabbit by a pack of hounds even when I was bald.

nods head

I guess it all depends on the type of guy you want to attract, too. I obviously have very short hair. At various times I've had my hair super long too...all styles and colors.

When my hair was longer than shoulder length and red or honey-brown, I attracted guys who were totally NOT my type. Traditional guys with conservative likes and interests who wanted to be dads and watch football and all that American dream stuff.

With very short hair I seem to get attention from younger men who are very much my type, interested in the things I'm into, etc. I
    am happily married now but that definitely worked better for me. Made it easier to weed out the others.
  • endlesswonderr
    endlesswonderr Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    as a lady who likes other ladies, I can't seem to actually believe that there are certain clothing that repels men to such extents. Sure, I personally may not find UGG boots attractive, however if I see an attractive women wearing them then that certain article of clothing wont matter. It's more attractive to see women wearing what they want and rocking it/being confident, rather than wearing what I define is 'sexy'.
    I can dig a girl in sweatpants and oversized t-shirt just as much as I can one in a black dress and heels. just sayin!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

true. look how manly:

halle-berry-cnn-heroes-04.jpg

emma-watson-marie-claire-1.jpeg

tumblr_lhtmb2yUwl1qg4zguo1_400.jpg

jamie-lee-curtis.bmp
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

No it doesn't.

I was chased like a rabbit by a pack of hounds even when I was bald.

nods head

I guess it all depends on the type of guy you want to attract, too. I obviously have very short hair. At various times I've had my hair super long too...all styles and colors.

When my hair was longer than shoulder length and red or honey-brown, I attracted guys who were totally NOT my type. Traditional guys with conservative likes and interests who wanted to be dads and watch football and all that American dream stuff.

With very short hair I seem to get attention from younger men who are very much my type, interested in the things I'm into, etc. I
    am happily married now but that definitely worked better for me. Made it easier to weed out the others.

I don't think all men that like long hair are like that, though. My husband always liked my long hair, and while he does like teaching science to children (on occasion) and wanted to be a father (and is now), he's not conservative or typical in any way. He doesn't like to watch any sports. He does like hiking, running, biking, Tai Chi, dancing, and playing soccer (the only sports our college had was a small soccer team), he's a physicist, he doesn't drink at all, he's never tasted beer. He's creative. I'm a dancer. He builds set design and props and life size puppets for dance and theatre. etc. He would set up art installations and is good at painting. He orchestrated a nude walk through the library in college (our college was technically clothing optional). He wore fun costumes to parties (all the parties were costume parties). He also had long hair when we were younger.

However, I did recently cut my hair to just below chin length. And he likes it a lot. He says change is good and exciting. He also likes how it shows my neck.