Keep screwing up my eating on weekends!

Options
I am going nuts! For the last two years I've been trying and trying to lose weight (fat), but never succeeded. During the holiday I totally fell off the wagon and te like crazy, and gained of course up to 4 kilos. These last couple of weeks I've been able to lose two of them, though, through eating clean and pretty intense workouts like the Les Mills programs and lifting weights on my own. I always feel so good when I work out and eat healthy, it feels like I'm never gonna put bad food in my mouth again, 'cause this time i really WANT RESULTS!

But then the weekend comes .. Most of the time I'm doing fine, though, but tonight when my friend left my house I was still sitting at the table in the kithcne and I knew we had freshly baked bread and sugary musli to eat, so what did I do? I ate til I felt sick. I keep thinking of how wrong I am, that I shouldn't be doing it, I should just brush my teeth and go to sleep, and I try to think of the body I want etc, but nothing stops me. I'm living with my family since I'm not yet out of school, so I don't get to decide what food we should and shouldn't have in our kitchen, either (although we have much healthier food now than we had a couple of years ago, so I've done something good for my family at least ..). I know it's not my mom's fault, I mean, she's not the one sitting there, forcing me to eat the only bad stuff we have, but I just don't know how to handle it. Like I said, I keep thinking of what I SHOULD do, but my mind isn't strong enough to conquer my body. Especially not at night, when I'm craving all kinds of foods.

Sorry for the long post about everything and nothing. I really don't have a question or something, just had to share what's weighing me down more than my weight. I feel terrible, ashamed, useless and stupid for not having better discipline. I really thought I could get through with my fatloss this time around, but it doesn't seem like it.

Replies

• ladyace0007
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! It happens, and stressing about it will probably just cause you to want to eat more. I'm in college so I only live with my parents for a few months out of the year, but I definitely understand how hard it is when you're not the one choosing what kind of food is around. Here's my trick, though. Just make sure you have a few healthy items that you know you can eat guilt-free. Have those on hand. And when you're faced with a food you know you shouldn't eat, instead of making the decision eat or not eat, give yourself an alternative! Have that healthy snack you've stashed away, and then you won't be staring at that chocolate cake, thinking about what it would taste like. You'll be thinking how delicious your vanilla yogurt with bananas and cheerios is. (one of my favorite treats)

Hope that helps!
  • unFATuated
    unFATuated Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I just snuck a peek at your diary and noticed that for the past few days at least, you haven't even been hitting your daily calorie goal. Some days you are under it significantly. Are you logging everything or are there things you are consuming that you are forgetting or deliberately not logging? If you are logging everything then I suggest you try meeting your calorie goal daily for starters. Eating less than this goal is not the aim - eating less than your goal won't necessarily make you lose faster, and being so hungry that you binge on food will obviously set you up for failure. If you do activity, eat some (not necessarily all) of those calories back.

Additionally, add more protein if you can. Protein and fats are the keys to feeling full and reducing cravings, not to mention being good for helping you maintain lean body mass etc.

Lastly, try to make room in your diet for the foods you love. This is something you'll need to be able to do long term, so denying yourself your favourite foods in the short term may make it feel like it's all too hard. Plan your intake as much as you can (I'm bearing in mind that you do not get much of a say in what comes into the house) and find room for a treat now and then. It can really help.
  • snufs
    snufs Posts: 78
    Options
    Thank you both so much for your responses! They really helped and I'll keep what you said in mind. I feel much better now, so thanks a lot! I am logging everything I eat, yes. (Well tonight I didn't, I know for sure I'm way over the goal and today is my rest day ..) I will try to add more protein for sure! And thank you for all of your tips, I will definitely use them!