~0~ ZERO calorie foods!

Options
Hi Everyone!

Can anyone recommend any zero (0) calorie foods?

I am not taking about foods that take more calories to burn than they are worth. I'm talking about foods where the label says 0 calories per serving.

Obviously we know about all of the diet sodas and crystal light, etc. So foods, not drinks.

ONE I FOUND IS: Vlasic Dill Gehrkins Pickles in the jar. They have 0 calories!!

Does anyone know of any others?

Thanks!

Replies

• awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    pickles still have calories, but if it's less than 5 (I believe) per serving, the manufacturer can list it as zero.
  • AmazinglyKriss
    Options
    i dont think there is such thing, but i could be wrong =/
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    The healthiest 0 calorie food is water.

All you are eating are artificial ingredients and chemicals created to make a normal, possibly healthy, food have zero calories.
    I see these in my grocery store, mayo, peanut butter, jam, etc. and there's nothing that resembles a real food on the ingredient label.

If it doesn't have 0 calories as is, in its natural form, run far far away from it.
  • SimoneBee12
    SimoneBee12 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything has some sort of calories, except for water really.

I think it's important to make a distinction between zero calories, and foods that have almost negligible calories, like raspberries and spinach leaves, they have so few calories that you can eat a fair bit and still be under 20 or 30 calories.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Once found 0 calorie milk candy in an Asian store. The nutritional information was attached to all the packages w/ a sticker. Very tasty candy actually but I'm certain the 0 calories was a lie...

Edit: actually went looking for said candy bc I had one from a candy dish at an office. Liked it and went looking for it (no nutritional info on individual wrappers). Stopped buying it bc I couldn't get over what I thought was an obvious lie on the packaging... Lol...
  • east2west14
    east2west14 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    miracle noodles on amazon
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Some jello, I think.
  • Pixt
    Pixt Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    DO NOT EAT the zero calorie gummy bears. Just sayin'
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Water, and MFP provides direct support for tracking how much you consume.

Water is not a food? I would argue that a zero calorie item is not food then also, for the same reasons water is not a food.

P.S.-Fiber might come close, but unless it is 100% non-digestable , it probably has a calorie or two in it.

Oops.....sorry....somebody already said water.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    DO NOT EAT the zero calorie gummy bears. Just sayin'

Lol! I have heard of these hasbro gummy bears and their destructive property....
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    i dont think there is such thing, but i could be wrong =/

You're not.
  • tabbyxxcat
    tabbyxxcat Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I recently had taco night with the boyfriend and was happy to find that jalapeños are like 5 calories per 1/4 cup, and the label on my hot sauce says zero calories. So guess what things I slathered my meat with? ;D

Many classic yellow mustards are "zero calorie", as well (though I believe Heinz adds some calories to theirs, so I try to use French's).

So now we have a list of virtually zero calorie things to add to your meals:
    Pickles
    Jalapeños
    Hot sauce
    Yellow mustard

I have gotten used to things like burgers with pickles and mayo but no ketchup, my taco meat without cheese but with tons of jalapeños, etc. These options are generally higher in sodium, so I do not use all of them daily or anything like that, but it is a good way to add flavor to certain foods without the calories (especially useful for eating out I find).

Hope I helped, this is info I use on a regular basis and hold dear to me haha
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    (1) Imaginary food

(2) food you eat while dreaming

(3) foods that you eat on your birthday

(4) foods that your husband/boyfriend made that you eat so that he knows that you appreciate his efforts

(5) Cadbury eggs
  • shoc369
    shoc369 Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks for all of the responses!

I should've known it was too good to be true! Can you tell I'm new at this and have A LOT to learn?

According to the label, serving size is 1 oz. (3 pickles)
    Each serving has less than 1 gram of carbs and 0 grams of protein.

Both carbohydrates and proteins have 4 calories per gram.

So really, each pickle has approximately less than 1.34 calories.

Not bad for a low cal option, if the sodium (280 mg per serving of 3 pickles) doesn't kill you!

:)
  • STC1188
    STC1188 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Even diet soda has some trace calories, but as others have said, unless the serving is >5 calories, they can list it as 0. Yellow mustard is about 13cal/20g, or about 3.25 calories/5g (usual serving size). Thus, since 3.25<5, they can list it at 0.

As someone else pointed out, besides water, anything that goes in that gets digested is going to have calories.
  • Tamdudette
    Tamdudette Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @13suzie: "Food you eat on your birthday" haha - this is so true!!