Creamer help. Please

Options
Hi there. Need ideas for yummy creamer that's like sugar free or fat free or low in calories. I am always going way over my sugars everyday because of my creamer. I love my coffee and have to have a good tasting creamer because that's all I use to sweeten it. Any ideas. Thanks

Replies

• thilyer
    thilyer Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I buy the Coffeemate sugar free Sweet Italian Creme.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Same here
  • Smashley1947
    Options
    Honestly I would stick to just regular old cream. How much cream are you using that it would cause your sugars to way over?

The lower the fat content the better. Most of the fat free, or sugar free stuff isn't really cream anymore.

I drink my coffee black but on occasion ill either add milk or cream. No more then a tablespoon.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    dafoe.gif
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Buy better tasting coffee and you won't need to add anything.
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    Options
    I'd rather have 1 tbsp of the good stuff then 3 of the fat free/sugar free stuff. Bleh! I love my coffee. What I do is use 1 tbsp of regular creamer with 1/4 cp of %1 milk :drinker:
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I buy the Coffeemate sugar free Sweet Italian Creme.

I use the sugar free Hazelnut every day in my coffee.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    vkFY5aJ.gif
  • getfitgal123
    getfitgal123 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I love So Delicious Coconut Creamer. The unflavored has 10 calories and 1 g sugar per tablespoon. There are flavored ones with 20 cals and 4 grams of sugar per tablespoon. But usually I use the unflavored with Nunaturals Vanilla Stevia.

Edited to add - I usually put it in iced coffee (for like an iced vanilla latte flavor) or it is really good in hot Chai tea.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    You could try Stevia--and I mean straight Stevia extract, not Truvia, which I assume has lots of additives to give it the volume/texture of sugar. I bought a spice jar size of Stevia years ago at a health food store (when it had to be sold as a supplement because the FDA hadn't approved it as a food), and I'm still using it the same jar. It came with the tiniest little scoop, and it takes almost none to sweeten my tea nicely.
  • mcgeorge5
    mcgeorge5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bailey's Creamer, The original Irish cream
  • tanya203
    tanya203 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You could try Stevia--and I mean straight Stevia extract, not Truvia, which I assume has lots of additives to give it the volume/texture of sugar. I bought a spice jar size of Stevia years ago at a health food store (when it had to be sold as a supplement because the FDA hadn't approved it as a food), and I'm still using it the same jar. It came with the tiniest little scoop, and it takes almost none to sweeten my tea nicely.

Agreed. Sweetleaf makes a very good brand of Stevia, that to my knowledge is the most natural based Stevia extract. Sometimes you can find small sample bottles. I prefer the liquid, 60ml runs about 8-11 dollars a bottle depending on where you purchase. It also comes in some coffee friendly flavors like vanilla creme, toffee, and cinnamon. To a squirt of that I would personally add almond milk.

I've weaned myself off of the sweet creamers and only add some almond milk to my coffee in the morning. It was a lot of extra calories to boot for the amount of coffee I drink, at least for me.
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    You can try sugar free but it's pretty nasty in my opinion. Personally I say screw it and have my sugar. It's never affected my weight loss and I managed to lose enough to get myself into the healthy range.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    ...maybe eat less sugar in general?

i use unsweetened coconut milk in my coffee.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    The sugar free creamers they have now are pretty good, but I have been using coconut milk in my coffee. It makes it amazingly creamy and decadent- no strong coconut flavor. It's 40 calories for a serving (2 tbsp) of the additive-laden bottled sugar free creamer, and 50 for the "cleaner" coconut milk (1/4 cup).
  • Keep_The_Laughter
    Keep_The_Laughter Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You could try making the following recipe for your coffee. The entire batch is approximately 1880 calories. If you reduce the mixture to 2 cups (US measure) then it's about 20 calories per teaspoon give or take (US measure). This is not fat or sugar free, but you do have control over how much you use and how far you reduce the mixture.

For my preferences, the rich taste is worth the time to make the sauce. Dulce de leche really elevates coffee to my palate. Best of luck and bon appetit.

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-coconut-dulche-de-leche/

1 (15 ounce) can light coconut milk (approximate calories 1035)
    1 (15 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk (approximate calories 285)
    3/4 cups coconut sugar (approximate calories 540)
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (approximate calories 20)

Directions:

Put all ingredients in a medium pot. You don’t want a small pot as you don’t want the milk to cook over. Coconut milk foams just like regular milk, maybe even more so.

Stir to combine in the pot, and then turn on the stove to medium heat (not high heat!)

Keep an eye on this. The second the milk starts to boil, reduce the heat to your lowest setting. You want a VERY gentle simmer, if that.

Skim the foam off the top.

Cook for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 10 minutes or so and skimming the foam off the top as needed.

After about an hour or so, you will notice that the mixture has greatly reduced and gotten considerably darker and thicker. At this point, you can turn it off.

Allow to cool for a bit and then transfer to a glass jar.

Chill overnight in the fridge. (It will thicken as it cools)
  • jurbi
    jurbi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i just use about 12 grams of natural honey.....
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Gosh ... I use Land O Lakes full cream in my New England Coffee - Donut Shop Blend K-cup! It's 40 cals for 2 TBS! AND NO SUGAR! But I prefer my coffee creamy not sweet. :-/
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options

Agreed. Sweetleaf makes a very good brand of Stevia, that to my knowledge is the most natural based Stevia extract. Sometimes you can find small sample bottles. I prefer the liquid, 60ml runs about 8-11 dollars a bottle depending on where you purchase. It also comes in some coffee friendly flavors like vanilla creme, toffee, and cinnamon. To a squirt of that I would personally add almond milk.

I've weaned myself off of the sweet creamers and only add some almond milk to my coffee in the morning. It was a lot of extra calories to boot for the amount of coffee I drink, at least for me.

Exactly what I do -- a Tbsp of almond milk plus some Stevia. Will definitely check into the flavored Stevia - thanks!
  • Ecampo29
    Ecampo29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Google search for home made healthy or low fat creamer..there are several good recipies available using condensed milk..coconut milk..different extracts..check it out..