Protein powder that tastes good?

Options
Hi everyone! So I have the hardest time finding a protein powder that actually tastes good. I've tried most from Whole Foods and they all taste like crap. Maybe I should try to stop finding the healthiest and just go for something at GNC or the vitamin shop. What is your favorite?

Replies

• Tabitha_Faye
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition vanilla ice cream flavor. It is the best tasting one, in my opinion, and it goes with virtually any fruit that you may want to add to it. It's available at GNC.
  • cassy_runs
    Options
    I use Lean 25, which is available at GNC. It's a lower calorie protein powder with, you guessed it, 25g of Protein per serving. ;) I usually get the vanilla flavor, but they have lots of flavors to choose from. :) Good luck finding your new favorite!
  • 3sixtyFit
    Options
    I have recently started using Giant Sports protein and it is by far the best protein i have ever tasted. They actually claim its the best tasting out there and in my opinion it is. Even the vanilla tastes good and i usually hate vanilla powder. Give em a shot i think you'll like it.
  • mattwabrams
    Options
    GNC Amp 60 Wheybolic Protein
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Muscle Gauge Nutrition (MGN) Whey Isolate. I can't stand to drink anything other than that now, ever since I started drinking it. They have a lot of different flavors (Cinnamon Bun, Ice Cream Sandwich, Vanilla Caramel, Chocolate, etc., etc., etc.) and you can even get an Unflavored. I get it from Bodybuilding.com. The only drawback is that they're out of stock frequently, because it goes so fast. I usually will buy multiple quantities when a flavor I like is in stock, because I hate running out of it.
  • bogden78
    bogden78 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've only used Optimum Nutrition and they are quite tasty. I've tried the chocolate, mint chocolate and peanut butter chocolate. French vanilla just arrived today but haven't tried it yet. I plan to mix it with fruit.
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I gave up on my quest for a super healthy protein powder. Too many fails and $$$ wasted. I went with super edible/tasty, instead. I am quite in love with MusclePharm Combat Powder (140 cals, 1.5g fat, 5g carb, 25g protein per 35g scoop). I'm devouring my tub of the cookies & cream flavor at the moment. It's so insanely good, but it's hard flavor to pair with other things (I mix with unsweetened almond milk or water). MP has several other flavors (vanilla, chocolate, triple berry, orange creamsicle, choc PB, banana cream, smores, etc.). I found cookies & cream at Costco. You can also find the powders at Bodybuilding.com & Vitaminshoppe.com, and Amazon.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Syntha-6 vanilla ice cream flavor. Delicious and has a smooth texture.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I like Body Fortress in chocolate. Do NOT get Body Fortress in chocolate peanut butter. Blech!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Trutein Cinnabun flavor. Best protein powder hands down!
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    whey gourmet is amazing. i would drink the peanut butter chocolate even if it didn't have any health benefits at all. honestly that good.
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Trutein Cinnabun flavor. Best protein powder hands down!

Yeah, that one is rather addictive!
  • Sarasjourney
    Options
    Though it's only 16g protein per scoop I like the Muscle Milk Red Velvet Cake. It's like having a little dessert every morning.
  • Tydeclare44
    Tydeclare44 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    ANYTHING Optimum Nutrition
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I buy the Target brand because I think it tastes pretty good, is pretty low calorie and really high in protein.

My boyfriend buys Syntha-6, which I think tastes a lot better, but is higher calorie for less protein.
  • MantisToboggan_MD
    MantisToboggan_MD Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Muscle Milk Vanilla Creme. It's pretty good with water.
  • 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have been buying the Chocolate Muscletech "100% Ultra Pure Whey Isolate Plus" at Sam's. 1 scoop has 1 g of Fat and 1 g Sugar and is only 160 Calories for 30 g of Protein. I mix with 1/2 c of Skim milk, 1/2 c of water and ice cubes. Put in the blender and it tastes like a chocolate shake! Sometimes I add a banana. So many of the protein drinks are high in sugar and calories. We like the Syntha-6 for taste but it is higher calories for less protein.
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I use vitamin store brand whey protein isolate in vanilla. It tastes great no carbs and 30 grams of protein in ONE scoop.
  • callme911
    callme911 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I use GC Control from Melaleuca and also Wheyabolic 60 from GNC. They are GREAT. My husband is SUPER picky and he really likes the Melaleuca one.
  • vaporhockey83
    vaporhockey83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Nutracore Lean 7. The chocolate cake flavor tastes literally like someone took chocolate cake mix and just canned it as protein powder. Has 30 grams of protein. 145 calories. 5 grams of carbs and only 1 gram of sugar. A lot of amino acids including branch chains. CLAs as well. Good builder, but I've used it for meal replacement. While it doesn't list the percentages of the vitamins, among its ingredients are dozens. You can mix it with milk (or whatever), but it tastes amazing with just water.