Christian momma in her 40's

Options
Hello,
I will try to make this short and sweet. I am 45 yrs. old, been married for 22 years and we have a 15 yr. old son and a 1 1/2 yr. old daughter (surprise!)
I love the Lord and my family above everything. I am far from perfect and don't expect anyone else to be. I've struggled my whole life with my weight but was pretty active and 'carried' my weight well. Once I hit 40 that all changed!
I had my daughter at 43 and realized just how out of shape I am. I hurt from arthritis but I know it is mostly due to all the extra weight I'm carrying.
I want to 'feel' good, I want my daughter to see her momma making healthy choices and I want her to be healthy in her weight and not struggle like I have.
I pray to find some good encouragement and that I will be encouraging to others as well.
My goal is to lose 85 lbs. I wont be skinny but I know I will feel awesome!

Replies

• KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to help you along on your health and fitness journey. Making friends on here with help keep you motivated and accountable. I enjoy supporting fellow MFP friends. I have sent you a friend request. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome Michigander.

I'm 48 and grew up in Livonia. I have a 4 and 6 year old. I need to be healthy for them also.

You can do this!!!! We'll be busy, older moms and thats cool!!!!
    Nancy
  • Dxn75
    Dxn75 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello. I love your transparency! While I'm not yet 40 I will be 39 this year and I've started the Turbo Fire program. I'm on week 2 and like you I want my kids (6 of them) to see me make a huge, healthy transformation. I just joined myfitnesspal and hoped someone could tell me how to use the food intake diary. Do you just chart all day or at the end of the day? Lets lose this weight together!
    xoxo from Detroit, Mi.:smile:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Hi!
  • MountainTopMom
    MountainTopMom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm a 46 yo mom with a strong faith, and have a 16 yo daughter and a 7 yo "surprise!" daughter.

Hated the "AMA" on the medical records! Advanced maternal age ~~~~like I was a 65 year old giving birth! :grumble:

Sent you a friend request.
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me!