Favorite breakfast shake / meal replacements?

Options

Replies

• ViMeza
    ViMeza Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use to do weight loss shakes but it never worked for me.. I have just changed my eating habits.. I make it a point to eat all my meals and snack that is what has helped me lose my weight..
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the others ... I LOVE Shakeology. I've been drinking it for breakfast for close to 3 years. Yes, I AM a Beachbody coach NOW, because I loved and believe in the shakes so much NOT the other way around.
  • juggz212
    Options
    Yeah - I can cook something quick in morning for breakfast (done it before) but I don't want too - I have better things to do like trying to wake up, watching news, get dressed, brushing teeth, etc.

nothing like good government propaganda to wake you up in the morning ;)
  • torizia
    torizia Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've just discovered the USN diet fuel shakes. I bought the vanilla one, and tried it as it suggests (2 scoops with water) and it was horrifically sickly sweet. I then tried having 1 scoop with a frozen banana, loads of ice and lots of water and it is the most creamy, gorgeous frothy milkshake! I'm now hooked and look forward to breakfast :)
  • juggz212
    Options
    Yeah - I can cook something quick in morning for breakfast (done it before) but I don't want too - I have better things to do like trying to wake up, watching news, get dressed, brushing teeth, etc.

I hear you about making things in advance but I don't eat leftovers so that would not work for me. Don't know why - just hate them even through they typically taste better than the original meal.

We do cook healthy at night (FRESH 20 PLAN) -- all produce and protein - no canned or frozen stuff.

Honestly - I even have microwavable soups at work for lunch but don't feel like warming them up - takes too long (1:45). I need something I can just crack open or unwrap and eat. No work involved or I won't do it.

Okay, I'm just going to be real. You sound like you are determined to fail. You have an excuse for everything. You are unwilling to put even small amounts of effort or time into anything.

Fruit and yogurt or a meal bar work. But I'm not sure peeling an orange won't be too much work for you.

THIS big time
  • toovodz
    toovodz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm using dietfuel shakes at the moment. Everyone is different but I find I can stick to that better and its a lot easier when you are busy. I do plan to have other meals sometimes but using the shakes often actually helps me eat less because I'm more focused when I'm on the shakes.
  • theguy12
    theguy12 Posts: 156
    Options
    I actually don't eat oranges because of the peeling part - waste of time.
  • theguy12
    theguy12 Posts: 156
    Options
    Just went and got some variety of bars and shakes you guys mentioned. Thanks for the advice.

To those who say I will fail - thanks for the vote of confidence AND maybe I will. But if it's extra work I will for sure. That is why these shakes and meal bars work so well for me. Thanks again everyone.
  • daniicaliforniaa93
    Options

I hear you about making things in advance but I don't eat leftovers so that would not work for me. Don't know why - just hate them even through they typically taste better than the original meal.

We do cook healthy at night (FRESH 20 PLAN) -- all produce and protein - no canned or frozen stuff.

Honestly - I even have microwavable soups at work for lunch but don't feel like warming them up - takes too long (1:45). I need something I can just crack open or unwrap and eat. No work involved or I won't do it.

In order to lose weight you have to put in at least a little bit of effort. Making and eating real food instead of using meal replacements is part of the effort along with regular exercise. If you really want to lose the weight you'll start doing things that are healthier for you instead of just because you "don't want to". EFFORT is the key factor here. I'm not saying you for sure will fail but if you keep up with the laziness and excuses it's very likely that you will. Just some tips.
  • AvaMusnicki
    AvaMusnicki Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you drink coffee, I put a huge scoop of whey protein in my empty cup and then pour in the hot black coffee. I end up drinking it fast because it is so yummy (over black coffee). Drinking it fast gives a boost of energy. That's been my go-to recently and honestly the highlight of my day.

I know you said you didn't want to fix anything. I'm just throwing it out there what I do in the am.m because I am in a hurry. I fix scrambled egg whites, the kind out of a carton kind so no there is no mess, no cracking eggs etc. Just stir around in a nonstick pan the pan for like 2 minutes or less it seems and I seriously eat it straight out of the little skillet because I am in a hurry and I don't dirty a dish. Cooking and eating egg whites while brewing coffee in coffeemaker takes literally 10 minutes or less from start to belly full then I chase my eggs down with my protein powder spiked coffee (if I didn't already have the protein spike coffee because I was starving lol)

You can do it! Start small. It is the little changes that can add up to a lot of little changes which moves you toward results. Add more movement in the day. Park farther away or stand during commercials.
  • angelus8756
    Options
    I use juiceplus shakes especially breakfast because ive akways struggled to eat first thing! They are very tasty and u can mix with water ir skimmed milk (i prefer water less calories to put in diary lol) i also take their berry capsules and have loads more energy in the day and feel more motivated!! I even crave fruit and veg in my diet now!! Mad cos i nevet ate veg before juiceplus!! Add me if u want any info ????
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    What did you do? Your wife/girlfriend won't cook you breaky?
  • angelus8756
    Options
    Dont listen to people sayin u will fail BELIEVE in yourself we havnt all got the time or knowledge to make fancy healthy breakfasts/snacks and if meal replacement shakes work then why not i swear by them and im losing weight and feeling great for it!! Gd luck mate ????
  • keooh
    keooh Posts: 1
    Options
    I agree with angelus - believe in yourself. The negative messages on here were written by people who have found their best path to weight loss. But your path doesn't need to be like theirs.

Several doctors recommended meal replacement shakes to me - with the shakes, I know I'm getting proper nutrition, and can concentrate on my exercise plan and eliminating bad habits. After that, I can ease into menu and food preparation, and ease out of the meal replacements.

Kudos to you for knowing yourself well enough to recognize what will and won't work.

Good luck!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

Jeez, thanks for making me feel like my priorities are wrong in the morning. Sigh.

For the record, I do get dressed and brush my teeth.

I just leave the house naked and unwashed. Pretty much just crap, fall off the branch, and I'm good to go. ( in that order )
  • CaHusker
    Options
    You can mix the night before and put in Fridge. I use Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein Powder (Vanilla) one small banana, cup of unsweetened Almond Milk. Blend it up and keep in fridge, then in the am you just need to shake it and drink it on the way to work or sip it while catching up on the morning news. Make two servings and put one in a capped shaker or thermos and put it in a cooler bag.
  • stephaaniemarie
    stephaaniemarie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think people are saying you're going to fail because your attitude doesn't sound very positive and you are making lots of excuses for why you can't put any effort into breakfast and lunch.

I make a big batch of steel cut oats in my slowcooker on Sundays, and portion them out for the week. I just bring one along in my lunch bag and microwave it when I get to work.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Shakeology.
  • Nightfall30
    Nightfall30 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas here, I personally LOVE Quest Bars - they are meant to be immensely healthy AND they actually taste good!

Besides that, I'm too busy to cook from time to time, but I try to have something like scrambled eggs and wholemeal bread or fruits. Probably not the best option, but I've drunk protein shakes as meal replacements too if I'm in a mega rush/running low on protein.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

I'm sorry but I think the problem is more the fact that you are extremely lazy rather than not having time. Taking a minute and 45 seconds out of your day to heat up soup is NOTHING.