Toast--what to put on it???

Options

Replies

• page8040
    page8040 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You can pretty much use toast as a vessel to carry any yumminess. Fry an egg and put some salsa on top, a little cream cheese and fig chutney, almond butter and apple butter, cream cheese, smoked salmon and red onion
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Saturated fat is not poison. Butter is far better and healthier than any margarine.

There is no data to back up this statement.
  • krogers810x
    krogers810x Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hummus on toast is FABULOUS.
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    There is this sugar-free jelly with fiber soooo good. Especially with PB2.

Guacamole on toast soooo good too

Honey

heat up banana in microwave and spread on top

Chocolate PB2

Cottage cheese
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Margarine is by it's very nature hydrogenated. If you find unhydrogenated margarine, I'd be scared.

I have butter and all natural adam's peanut butter on toast. Yes, together. And yes, it's awesome.
  • PoeRaven8991
    Options
    100% pure organic coconut oil. It is heart healthy, and DELICIOUS.
    :heart:
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    almond butter
    pb
    chia seed jam
    date jam
    banana pb
    hummus
  • xkimberlee007
    xkimberlee007 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Land o lakes has one with olive oil.. It only has 3 ingredients sweet cream,olive oil and salt but it's not really light. Its 100 calories per tbsp.
  • sarahmilner714
    sarahmilner714 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have 2 favourates, either crunchy peanut butter and banana (breakfast) or poached egg (lunch)
  • LouiseChe
    LouiseChe Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i love laughing cow cheese light spreadable cheese wedge on my wheat toast.

This! Yummy.
  • lexkels
    lexkels Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have 1 tablespoon of Nutella on my toast. It's so good!!!!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    guava jelly for me. goya.. about 20 calories per teaspoonful.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Bremmel & brown yogurt butter, peanut butter, fresh honey, jam, etc on 21grain Dave's killer bread (all natural); I'm not one for more than basic bread but love this bread
  • _Danno_
    _Danno_ Posts: 165
    Options
    Bovril

Food of the gods!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I use light cream cheese, laughing cow cheese, cottage cheese, avocado, or any kind of dip. I don't do sweet stuff on toast (jams etc) so these spreads are great.
  • LouiseChe
    LouiseChe Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, onion and chive light cream cheese, jelly or jam.

To start with I thought you were listing things you like to mix on toast. I was slightly horrified till I got to the 'or'! :-P
  • ali4579
    ali4579 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Vegemite! Back in my 1200 calorie days, I used to have it without butter/marg, but it's best when you have lots of butter first :)

Hrm I don't think that was actually a helpful contribution, let me try again…

Be careful of the Olive Oil spreads, in theory they sound healthier, but a lot of them have more trans fats than margarine! Here's a link to a fantastic article (pdf form) by Australian Choice magazine. It was done in 2005 and obviously the brands wont be the same in other countries, but it's got some useful information http://tinyurl.com/opprmls
  • toddleo87
    toddleo87 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey American folk! What is apple butter? we don't have that in the UK, sounds good.

And...coconut oil on toast??? , sounds so weird! I Think I can get that over here, and I love all things coconut too, is it really good for you? don't know much about coconut oil.
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Has to be Marmite! It's very strong (especially the XO variety) so you only need a smear - with or without butter it's delicious!
  • ianholmes1964
    ianholmes1964 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Butter and marmite, if I'm going to eat fats I'll eat the least processed and the marmite is rammed with good stuff and tastes great on soldiers with a dippy egg!