I've been lazy for too long!

Options
Hi, everyone! My name is Becca, and I'm on a journey to lose up to 95 lbs. I would love some support, and I love giving support for your journey. Add me as a friend, please?

My story: I'm a senior at Ferris State University in the middle of Michigan, and my goal is to acquire my diploma in May with ~25 lbs gone! I've been stuck in the Obese BMI for way too long, and I've always been lazy about it. I have family history of heart problems, and it wasn't until four years ago that it really showed. That summer, I did lose about 15 lbs, but I gained it all back with the infamous 'FRESHMAN 15', and some emotional eating as well. Our college dining halls are in a All You Can Eat style, and that killed me. When I gained the weight back, I got down in the dumps and really didn't do anything about it. I went to Florida on Internship, and gained a surprising amount of weight then as well, and when I saw myself in a size 18 jean in an Old Navy dressing room last month, I completely lost it. Tears were everywhere, and I knew I had to do something.

My workouts now include Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, and a heck of a lot of Zumba!

Replies

• FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    you're gonna do great. you've got too much enthusiasm to fail. :)
  • bulldogbee
    bulldogbee Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Aww, thank you! :') You're beautiful!
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Focus on adding lean proteins (very filling and stays with you) and make sure you are getting enough water with all the exercise! :)
  • bulldogbee
    bulldogbee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Focus on adding lean proteins (very filling and stays with you) and make sure you are getting enough water with all the exercise! :)

Thank you so much!!
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options

Aww, thank you! :') You're beautiful!

Thanks so much! So are you. Love your hair color. :)
  • SammieMozi1990
    Options
    I am going to be honest, you sound exactly like me. I even think we have much of the same body type. I would love to stay in contact to see how you are doing on almost the same journey that i am! -Sammie
  • bnm1979
    bnm1979 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Y'all add me ????
    Mom of two beautiful girls, 6 & 2
    I have lost 60# in 8 months and maintained for 3 months
    Now looking to lose 20+ more and tone up!

I ❤️ my ACE!
    30 day shred
    Zumba
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do this. I know the feeling of not being happy & the emotional eating can be terrible. But if you need any advice, or inspiration or motivation, feel free to add me. I'm on here daily, & am very active when it comes to exercising if you need tips about that. :) Always willing to help.
  • mmcdonald700
    mmcdonald700 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it! When you reach your goal weight for the summer you should go try those size 18's on at Old Navy again and relish in how they fit after the weightloss. Conquer those jeans and that dressing room! And know that you are beautiful as a size 18 or a size 2 :) but being healthier is awesome - you'll feel better inside and out and get a sense of accomplishment which is an amazing boost in self-esteem and confidence. Also, congratulations on all of the hard work you've put into your degree. That's an awesome accomplishment in and of itself, and you deserve to take care of you after putting so much time and work into your degree :)
  • christinamfanning
    Options
    Becca I know how you feel. I myself was crying in a dressing room over the holidays. And again when I had to dress up for work and could not get the pants OR suit coat on.
    My journey is much different than yours, however the same feeling exist.
    I worked my butt off--I was a fanatic and focused gym rat. At 26 I was in the best shape of my life and at 27 the strongest I had ever been. At 28 I picked up soccer, I love the sport and take care of athletes who play and I thought --Hey I wants to be on the other end--Competeing. Had a great focused summer. Then August 2013 hit and Workload increased almost 100%
    At first I made excuses--I just worked a 16 hour day-Im going to eat what I want
    But then I was working 7 days a week 16+ hours and my diet--my healthy wonderful lifestyle went through the roof
    People may laugh and say big deal you gained 12 lbs
    But you must understand body composition I was 19% body fat--lean strong and very solid
    Now I am 26%--a body composition fluctuation like that is depressing - and to put it into perspective I went from a hard earned size 4 to a size 10.
    So here I am fed up---and ready to stop being lazy and making excuses
    My name is Christina Fanning and I am ready to get back on track.
    I sympathize and empathize with you and hope we and every women that is ready to say Get Your *kitten* Up ---can make this journey to a happier healthier US