Stomach issue question

Options
I started eating only fruits, vegetables, legumes and some carbs about two weeks ago. Very low protein, high fiber. Since then I've been battling slight nausea or having my stomach feel like it on the verge of growling, but it doesn't. Has anyone experienced this? Does your stomach have a harder time digesting this style of eating or would a probiotic help? Maybe not enough protein. I do deal with health anxiety during this time of the year so maybe that is causing my stomach issues. It's not bad enough to keep from doing things, just makes me kind of tired. thought I would see if anyone has experienced this.

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Protein is ideal when eating at a deficit, it helps keep you feeling full and helps in muscle preservation while eating at a deficit, to my understanding. What about your fat intake? Fats are important for your health too. Everything needs balance.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • wordena
    wordena Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Its not impossible to do this healthfully, but it takes careful planning. Make sure youre getting enough calories, carbs and protein. And if this is a sudden switch, yes that much fiber is going to do interesting thing to your digestion. it should balance out in a few weeks.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    No offense, but I don't know why you would be going low protein?

I eat a crap ton of fiber too (pun intended). I don't get nauseated, but sometimes I have bloating (obviously).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Protein is the most important thing to eat when you're trying to lose weight, unless you want to be hungry all the time and lose all your muscle mass.
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    If you suddenly changed your diet, your body may be having a hard time adjusting. Lots of veggies and legumes can be difficult to digest. Certain veggies can irritate the stomach, like tomatoes and onions.

But it doesn't sound like anything to be concerned about, medically.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    If you didn't have a high fiber intake before, your body will need time to adjust. Protein is important--maybe ease up on the fiber a little and add some protein. You can increase the fiber gradually to give your body time to adjust. :)
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating low protein? Is there a medical reason (as I know there can be real reasons)?