If you were born in the 60s and need a buddy?

Options

Replies

• knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I'm 1968 feel free to add me too, just started mfp this month. Anyone is welcome to add me :flowerforyou:
  • NanaDeeTurnipseed
    Options
    Hello everyone, Born in 1961, I also just started MFP this month. I need to be part of a group to keep me accountable and motivated. I have 80 pounds to lose but I plan to focus on 10 pounds at a time. Please add me to the group.
  • vicabra
    vicabra Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am a '63er - and today is my first day with MFP. I have 50lbs to lose and have never been successful on my own. Used meal plans in the past, lost, but have not been able to keep it off. Looking forward to changing my terrible eating habits and working on making myself healthier. Feel free to add me - I am still learning my way around the site...
  • djgreen1968
    djgreen1968 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good luck to everyone. :happy:
  • Limeycat
    Limeycat Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm a 65'er, in the UK with 22lb to lose to initial goal. I would love some more buddies to help each other on the way.... Add me?
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Another 1963er, here. I reached goal in September and promptly bounced right back out of maintaince! Now, I am back and ready to drop those final very stubborn pounds. Add me, if you would like!
  • McChane1
    Options
    I'm a couple weeks away from the big 50.......I'm finding everything slows down when you get older. I can use some motivating friends, feel free to add me.
  • Spikethered
    Options
    I'm 60's , so please feel free to add me anyone :)
  • Billswife2011
    Options
    Hi-1966, here. I am trying to become healthier before my 50th. I figure that I should have my healthy habits well in place by my 50th if I incorporate them into my lifestyle now. Cleaning eating, here I come!!!

Lisa

I too am looking for a 1960's friend.
  • Coral_mist
    Options
    Hi 1963 here :) this is day 19 for me and I am struggling, I feel the same as you when it comes to just I am also in the 180's and just want to get down to between 150 to 160 where ever I feel comfortable. Two years I got down to 163 and was feeling fantastic then twisted my ankle stepping in a hole I did not see in the grass. I had to stop walking for almost a year and packed all my weight back on except for three lbs. So I found MFP and decided to give it a try. I would love to be your friend I want friends who are close to my age I feel we can relate more :)
  • Sheri3851
    Sheri3851 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi! 1963 and just turned 50 the last week of December. I also decided it is time to get healthy. My kids are 18 and 15 and I would like to be around to be a fun Grandma! I also don't have any desire to be 130 and my goal is 160. Feel free to add me. I would love to have another friend on this site and more support!
  • Coral_mist
    Options
    :):smile:
  • toolzz
    toolzz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    1963 and maintained a 50lb weight loss for 7 years.....my best advise is to always change things up - food and exercise and incorporate weight training. After I had lost the weight I went from a size 12/10 to a 6/4 without losing another pound - just by weight training - my body literally shrunk!

good luck!
  • Linda09189
    Options
    IF YOU would like to add me please feel free to do so, however please know that I just tell it how it is, I don't hold anything back if I look at your diary and think you could make changes I suggested them, I don't pretend to be anyone I'm not and I'm looking for friends who will be honest...going to a fast food restaurant isn't going to make you healthy just because you stay within your calories, and I will tell you that........I wish you much luck, success, but most of all happiness within your own body...God bless
  • missg47
    missg47 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Born in '66 and just started this journey two weeks ago. Would love to have more support and will offer any motivation I can. Four pounds down so far. I've logged in everyday and am determined to keep it going. Feel free to add me. Good luck to all!
  • walshhe
    walshhe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1969er here. Would love new fitness buddies! Feel free to add me! - Heidi
  • Rosepower
    Rosepower Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    1969! Would love some friends, feel free to add me!
  • JerryHobby
    Options
    I'm brand new here and am quite surprised to see the high activity in this community. I'm gonna post some stuff on my profile and all. But mainly, I was looking for a couple people with positive attitudes in my age group to be friends and all.

I'm 50 yrs old. I need to lose a few more than a few pounds. I've done a few diets in the past and I'm not as optimistic about it all this time around. I just want to get fit, lose a little weight, and hopefully I can feel better and get a few smiles from the ladies every now and then to remind me I'm doing alright.

Please ADD ME if you like.
  • HappyRunner34
    HappyRunner34 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Hi born in '64..you know what that means for me in 2014!!! Woo hoo - bring on 50. Happy to link with new friends and take this positive ride together!
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    1960 here WooHoo! Always looking for more friends born in the 60's. Anyone feel free to add. :-)