If you were born in the 60s and need a buddy?

I would like to lose weight and be healthier, however, I have no desire to be under 130 pounds. I will be 50 years old this year and I would be happy just to be 160 lbs and healthy (meaning good Blood Pressure, heart health, no health issues) I am in in the 180s now. I like a little junk in my trunk.

Replies

• vickibennie
    vickibennie Posts: 3 Member
    Hi there, I a 1966er... working hard at getting my body back before I hit the big five-O. Always happy to make new friends who share a common goal. I'm in Australia so have no concept of what 130 pounds is but I am sure I can find a converter to work it out. I have been working at this for only 10 weeks and have lost 16kg so far (I think you multiply that by 2.2 to work out pounds??). To reach my 'ideal weight' I've got another 18 to go but for me it's not about the number on the scale... already gained more energy and dropped three dress sizes so whatever happens from here I'll be happy with.
  • Hi there, i'm a 68'er and would love to have some new friends on this journey. I've successfully lost weight twice before but I can never seem to sustain it. Was going to do Weight Watchers online but then found this, and so far it looks pretty easy to use. Today is my first day, my goal is 24 pounds gone.:) Nice to meet you all!:flowerforyou:
  • noratas
    noratas Posts: 49
    1969 here, I have also lost weight before but I tend to get complacent and fall back into bad habits. I could use friends also!
  • queenveef
    queenveef Posts: 19 Member
    Yup 1965 here - add me as well - long way to go!
  • kimmerd37
    kimmerd37 Posts: 24 Member
    Hi I am also a 68er and would love to add new friends. Feel free to add me.
  • scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    Born in 67, my spouse just left me after 18 yrs & would love to have some new buddies also! :)
  • rosetigger
    rosetigger Posts: 1,147 Member
    Hi, 1965. I have lost and gained weight over the years. I am now at my heaviest weight. I am currently 189 pounds. I have started a Mom and daughter yoga class and walk my dogs daily except in this rain it shortens a lot. I would like to lose 30 pounds. I like your trackers. I am going to try to find one for myself.
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    1968...or as I like to say...I was 14 months old for woodstock!
  • anname9203
    anname9203 Posts: 49 Member
    Hi...1968 here. I've been overweight much of my adult life and have gone up and down several times. I used Weight Watchers before but I really like this better. It is way easier to use. I originally signed up for an account here back in 2011 and came back in Fall of 2013 after having been on WW for a few months and deciding I didn't want to pay for it anymore. I have about 20 more pounds to lose. I was sort of at a stand still for a while but managed to maintain my loss but am actively trying again to lose the rest of this weight. I don't know that I've ever posted before so we'll see. This may be my 1st post in this community! :)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Another 1965 checking in.

I've snuck back up a few ticks here recently but I'm working on that. Need to increase my muscle.
    I'm going for the Best shape of my life :)

Really, I'm thrilled my 'good' Cholesterol is working its way UP as it should and I'm getting healthier in the Inside.
    I have two little kids to be here for as long as possible.

Feel free to friend me.
    Nancy
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    feel free to add me, 1967 ! I lost 50+ pounds, gained back 20+. I'm recommitted to lose this weight !
  • How is everyone today? Weekends can be a struggle for me...i'm not always as good about my food choices. Anyone else struggle on the weekends?
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Beer on the weekend is my weakness. Hi, I am 52 and started getting active by running around town paying ingress at 5:00 AM each morning. Between that and the day I saw the difference in calories at McDonald's single item and combo meal, I have lost 33 pounds. Hoping to get back to running 5.5 miles a day after a cold, holidays, and bad weather derailed me. Got the fitbit force for Xmas and the aria scale for birthday.
  • lisado63
    lisado63 Posts: 1 Member
    I just turned 50!! I had my annual and was told I was officially overweight. I need to lose about 25 lbs. My dr. recommended this app so I'm going to try. WW was great for a while and then I just couldn't do it anymore. I'm really going to try this time!
  • nentecular
    nentecular Posts: 101 Member
    Let's do this - 1966 here and added you.
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    1960 here - I am happy to add new friends. I have quite a few kilos to lose and will be here for the long term.
  • kimgailmarie47
    kimgailmarie47 Posts: 6 Member
    67er here have 75lbs to lose and looking for buddies to keep me motivated. Just starting my journey we can do it together.
  • Hi All, born 1961, anyone on this post can add me to their list of friends if they feel comfortable with my profile... best of luck on your MFP journey... Paul...
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    hey! 1965, and I'm not sure how much I have to lose, because I refuse to get on the scale until I drop a pants size! :) But I had previously lost over a hundred pounds and I know I've gained at least half of it back.

Like someone else said, I mainly want to get it together before I turn 50 in a couple of years. Not that the number is the most meaningful thing, but I'd like to be strong and healthy when I hit that milestone.

Would love to be added by anyone in this group!
  • Hey there I was born 1963 and am willing to be a buddy. I need to lose weight because my knees are really bugging me, and some of my friends have died from heart attacks. It's time for a change.