thyroid only success stories

Options

Replies

• samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Almost 46 years old Hasimoto Dx after the birth of my first child almost 13 years ago.

Height 5' 3
    SW 216.5
    CW 171
    GW 140

Currently taking 180mg Armour.
    12 years on Eltroxin (T4 only) drug, living a half life while getting fatter, depressed, moody and cold to name but a few.

Stop the thyroid madness saved my life.
    http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/
  • 9bars
    9bars Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 3 and was diagnosed hypothyroid 7 or 8 years ago, I'm on armour. My highest weight was about 254lbs, but I managed to lose a few pounds and keep them off a few months previous so started this time at 244lbs, I'm now 177.5, my goal is 133 so 44lbs to go.

I've shocked myself how quickly it's come off this time, I'm a vegetarian and cut out as much processed food as I could to reduce salt as had hight blood pressure and no sweet stuff or diet drinks to get my sweet tooth under control and make me use all my calories for nutritious foods as in the past I found as I went on I used more and more of my calories for chocolate rather than meals until I gave up. I concentrated on eating healthy fats, protein and getting enough fibre. I've relaxed off a bit since Christmas and having a small sweet treat a day and a bit more processed food, but sticking to my calories just for a change really.

I've found at a 4st loss my meds had to be reduced so do make sure you keep to your regular blood tests.

:smile:
  • artygaleuro
    Options
    That's fantastic!!!
  • artygaleuro
    Options
    I've been on Levothyroxine for probably 8 years now. Has changing to Armor made any difference with anyone? I'm just curious. SOmetimes the body likes to mix it up. I feel SO MUCH better after going Gluten free. I have energy I NEVER had before. And it's been consistent. I'm GF for 2 years now.

Glad to be hear and glad to see my 'peeps'! :)
  • artygaleuro
    Options
    Were you ever on Levothyroxine? Is the Armour what's helped the most or the diet? Or combo with movement. I'm cold all the time regardless and I live in the SOUTH :) But I'd rather be cold than hot any day of the week. So I''m almost grateful for it.
    HA
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Still fighting to get the last 20 lbs. off, but 2.5 years in, I've dropped around 80 lbs. I have Hashimoto's (and PCOS). I have my thyroid tested regularly, but with Hashimoto's, it can be erratic. I've had a period of time last year when I was hyperthyroid and that has been corrected. I may be swinging a little hypo again.

i-DprdD6t-M.jpgi-3F3ZLnb-M.jpg
  • artygaleuro
    Options
    What are HIIT work outs?
  • artygaleuro
    Options
    So here are my stats:
    Age; 47
    Height: 5-4 1/2"! :)
    SW: Have no idea. DIdn't step on a scale for 20 years.
    CW: 175
    GW: 135
    MEds: Levothyroxine .125
    Hashimoto's for 8-10 years now.
    Gluten Free
    And no, I dont' usually wear bows in my head. HAHAH
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Have been on thyroid meds for 10 years. Have been working out hard all this time.

Long story short, I've been told that I have the body of a teeenager. Yeah, right. I had bigger thighs then !!!!
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimotos (so does my mom) and I had a thyroidectomy in 2010 between my two babies. Very lucky-- the second I found out I was pregnant my endo bumped my synthroid to the max-- and then sent me for tests. It's very hard to take TOO much thyroid hormone while pregnant. I now take Armour and Levothyroxine.

I am 35, 5'2"- my high weight, non pregnant was about 155, and my CW is 131. Goal weight is 117. I got down to 122 for my 35th birthday last year then got VERY lazy (ugh!)

Do you mind me asking what your max synthroid was? I currently take 450mgs a day!

Do you mean ugs? As in micrograms? That is how it is dosed out.

Nope, I mean Synthorid 300 or .3 mg. 1 and a half pills a day = 450 or .45mg
  • betharoo0
    betharoo0 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just had a thyroidectomy in nov 13. Hashi/stage 3 almost 4 cancer, I will do my radioactive iodine Feb 10th. I have about 30 to 40lbs to lose.
    Thyroid sexy FB page is really good for hashi support.
    currently, I'm taking cytomel as protocol for treatment, before that I was on .1 levothyroxine. My t3 are whack so after treatment I will go back on levo/cytomel, dr will lean me a little toward hyper. Can't wait for that cuz my energy level is awful! No thyroid. no tsh med.=in bed
    take care ladies, take care of your thyroids too
    make thyroidectomy your last resort!
  • azavala78
    azavala78 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It's nice to see there are quite a few of us out here :) Great to connect with you!

Hashimoto's here - however, I had a thyroidectomy (spelling?) in 2005 because I had nodules on both sides that were growing pretty quickly. Procedure was pretty painless, and I have found that Synthroid 175 has worked well as I now don't have a thyroid that fluctuates levels -- my bloodwork has been pretty even. Just recently had it bumped to 200.

I'm feeling good - and ready to continue to get fit!

Take care of yourselves, ladies!!

5'6
    SW: 194
    CW: 184
    GW: 145 or so....

We can do it!
  • soupandlettuce
    soupandlettuce Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Oops read below
  • soupandlettuce
    soupandlettuce Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi! Hashi here too
    Didn't need meds for a few years but last year felt terrible, fatigued, joint pain, cold etc. and the weight just wouldn't come off.
    Went back to the endo, back on armour and ohmigosh I lost 3 lbs this week when I've been busting my back trying to lose 0.5lb a week at low cals for three months.

Maybe I can eat like a normal person again! (I hope! 1200cals sucks)
    5' 1"
    Hw 146
    Cw 134
    Gw 122 (my comfortable weight before dx hashimotos and the weight gain problems started 10yrs ago)

Thanks everyone for their experiences with this disease! I told my best friend I was so tired I couldn't keep up with basic housework and she told me to suck it up and stop being so lazy! I know, not very supportive but it's hard for normal people to understand how you can be soooo tired ALL the time!
    I'm glad there are people here who know what it is like.
    Apart from helping with weight loss, I feel so much better on armour. Less tired, depressed, dry skin going back to normal! Synthroid doesn't work so well for me.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimoto's and take 88mcg Synthroid. I'm 5'1 or 2", and lost 20 lbs. in 2013.
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", CW 211, HW 236 (early 2013) GW 145

Am currently on 75mcg Synthroid. Which seems to be okay - moreso now that I'm taking a thyroid-focused supplement (copper, etc.)

So...I've lost the 12 lbs on my ticker since 12/14 - yes, in about a month of just paying attention. I'm also 44 years old. I will probably stall for YEARS for saying this, but...IT CAN BE DONE!

The best thing you can do for yourself is get your RMR medically tested. Painless & non-invasive. That will give you a *real* number to work with, instead of futzing around with any of the online calculators. Thyroid issues mess with your metabolism. So get your own personal facts, and work from there.
  • 00NL
    00NL Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Sooner or later we will be getting to our goal weight !!
  • 00NL
    00NL Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Bump---Pls keep to sw , cw and gw and heights and age...we have groups here on mfp to discus medication.
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Diagnosed with hypothyroid in 2011 age 20 weight 188 height 5'3 got put on levy and started weight loss journey 2 months after that attended Zumba classes and made better eating choices dropped 15 lbs within 1.5 months my husband was deployed throughout this time but that Christmas he got me insanity and shakeology for my birthday I dropped more weight and finished the program a day before he returned and reached my goal weight of 140 lbs age 21 in early 2012 all the while my meds weren't at correct dosage they kept increasing them since I was still not at a good level but managed to still lose weight I ended up gettin pregnant that summer lol I know and gave birth last spring my levels were stables during my pregnancy I reached 193 being pregnant prepreganancy weight 155 I had gain 15 lbs between 5 months after hubby returned forgot that part fast forward so I started making better eating choices starting July and dropped down to 168 with just breastfeeding I started insanity last fall finished December and dropped another 12 lbs I since then reached my pre pregnancy weight I started p90x this month and did a challenge lose 5lbs in January I am switching to a JM workout p90x is to long to do atleast right now due to my LO anyways as of today I'm 23y/o weight 147lbs gw :140 ultimate gw: 130-135lbs
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add since my meds stabilized my thyroid during pregnancy and after doc n I decided to take me off and see how I do I completed insanity without them and will be getting checked up on Monday I got checked and of nov everything was good so we are monitoring if all goes well I might be off my meds for good I did get sluggish but hopefully its not my thyroid acting up will also post pics tmm
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!